Fancy trying MF? Travelling 6x6

That's not on. I know it had to go from the bottom of the country to the top but it was 1st class. And it's not exactly heavy, the box is mostly full of foam.

The Royal Mail is a flaming joke. I've a good mind to write to the queen and tell her just that :annoyed:

it's totally mental WN ... we get it all the time... i ordered some prints, first lot ordered first class took a week to arrive, second first class recorded came next day, third lot first class recorded took 4 days

Something seriously wrong with our post.

ps...wasn't a dig at you :) just fed up of oour postman.

When it does arrive you'll need a sharp knife to get into the box. There's quite a bit of tape on it. :D

Not all of it put there by me I hasten to add. I had to strip a few of the old layers off when I packed it back up and revealing all the different address labels was like some kind of archeological dig. Someone really liked their silver gaffa tape!

haha cool, cant wait to see that :) will be like christmas ... my wife uses a roll of tape for each present (or at least it seems that way lol)

I have been holding my breath waiting to see the results. Any chance soon?

would you believe it...postman arrived at 3pm with it today - how rediculous is that.

tape was funny - masses of it.

WN - has it been wound on? need to go read the instructions now :)

Got some scans! I need to go through them again and do a proper job of it, unsharp mask, make sure alignment is correct, etc. I'll do some more work in the next few days.

Click each photo to make it bigger.

One negative was hugely underexposed, another was hugely overexposed, so if your image isn't here it didn't fare very well. I might be able to rescue some information, I'll have a better look. Images 3 and 4 were both very under/overexposed and could do with some editing.

This one's mine! A little underexposed, but I should be able to edit it.

would you believe it...postman arrived at 3pm with it today - how rediculous is that.

tape was funny - masses of it.

WN - has it been wound on? need to go read the instructions now :)

Glad it arrived. Yes I did wind it on, you should see the number 10 in the window.

I had a dream last night that the first lot of scans were up. How odd... *twilight zone music*

Looks like there's a light-leak to the camera!

Mine's number 3 - the red car :p

I'm happy with the exposure, I metered using my 40d and so am satisfied that I exposed it correctly.
The light leaks, however, are unfortunate :(

First one isn't light leaks it's shooting into the sun.

Your one might have happened with someone opening the back up. I shot 4-5 rolls on it and it had no light leaks. More likely human error than a carema fault I'm afraid.

Several people (myself included) had problems with the numbers not showing, I'm wondering if the film was moving whilst the camera was in the post ?

The posties are never gentle....

Good to see some results though.. but , those houses were new when I took the shot ! :LOL:

10/10/08...11:25am
I'll try to get my photo taken as soon as, and then I'll post it off to ekimeno. I already have his address.

I feel certain most peeps could have sorted this film out faster, had it included a return journey to Mars, tied to the back of an asthmatic slug....

Even after 5 months it appears to be immensely difficult still, despite the missing encumbrance of a camera body.

good job this is a family forum...:|

think that might be possible as WN said it should say 10 and i only have an arrow in the window

should i wind on to 11?

No, twiddle the knob belowthe window in the direction of the arrow and the arrow will move revealing the number. See the instructions on page 1.

I tweaked mine.

img%5D
img001ab.jpg

img%5D

About the best I could do, with my limited skills.

John, I'll do you a high resolution scan and put the tiff online. It'll be about 50MB, but will give you more to work with.

I should be able to do it at some point this weekend.

Also, if anybody wants their negative PM me your address and I'll get it safely wrapped up and post it off to you.

Is this camera still doing the rounds? Is there any spots left on the list?

i have it just now, will be leaving here mon/tue think there;s only one other person after me at the moment and i'm shot 10.

knock yerself out, can't believe the list is actually going to be filled.

Best take that shot quick you'll have had the camera a week tomorrow ;).

yup :) shot will be taken today and in the post as soon as i have the address for peppy (will send them a pm to remind them)

ifotou, PM'ed you my address.
Am I sending it onto joxby ?

Quick question about light metering. If I meter with a dslr will the same shutter and aperture settings work on this?

Cool, thanks.

yeah iso400 although if you're comparing against a canon DSLR the film shot will be lighter as iso100 on a canon is more comparable to iso80 ish on film.

yeah iso400 although if you're comparing against a canon DSLR the film shot will be lighter as iso100 on a canon is more comparable to iso80 ish on film.

ISO sensitivity can be different than marked on all films and digital sensors. Don't lose any sleep over it though, 1/4 of a stop on negative film is nothing to worry about.

Have you recieved the camera yet Peppy? You only have a week from the day you recieved it to take your shot and send it to Joxby. Take any longer than a week and the next time you pick the camera up it will self destruct, blowing your hands off and you'll never use any camera ever again.

as long as someone got a camera to catch that happening:D

i recommend a short shutter for capturing the bits flying across the room

just dropped it off at the post office ... sorry heads been up my backend this week and kept leaving it in the house

you should have it tomorrow

you know, i think you may get this back soon kev!!:LOL:

Back