weekly father and daughter 52 week project

It's really good to see to different interpretations at either end of the scale. You have conveyed the sense of the tiny size of the insect very well and the people and small boats really give some scale to the size of the ship.

As Chris points out, extreme contrasts in scale. Both good - like the separation of your insect and the scaling and activity of Caitlin's . Hmmm, tough call - honours even I think.

Are you sure you aren't taking Caitlin's too Michael ? she certainly has an eye for the photography lark (y)

Are you sure you aren't taking Caitlin's too Michael ? she certainly has an eye for the photography lark (y)

I was quite surprised with this one, I didn't know she had took it until I started going through the pics to edit, all that needed doing is a straighten. I reallywould like this guidance to pay off at the end of the year so she can confidently do it all herself, so far it seems to be working

Starting with caitlins subject for forgotten, I prefer this scene to the one I have if I'm honest

forgotten by caitlin by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

forgotten by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

sign next

Sign by Caitlin by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

sign by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

fauna

fauna by caitlin by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Lioness edit 2 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Entrance

Caitlins choice of b+w presets on this one

entrance by caitlin by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

entrance by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Caitlin's forgotten and entrance are my favourites. The B&W works in both of these. I really like how she has captured the gent on the right. Spot on :)

Hi Caitlin ... I think you score the most points here.

That's a sizeable ship in the murkiness with colour in the clearly defined stick people in the mid-ground.

B&W works well on the forgotten shack. Not much light on the LHS so it might benefit from a little crop (?).

The battered cafe sign is a beaut. Nice find.

Nice focus on the bird, quite an interesting fence too.

Entrace ... I like the silhouetted people in the FG. Lots of interest there.

And Michael ...

Size ... good DOF but not much insect detail, and I'm wondering if B&W is a good idea.

Nice colour & texture in Forgotten.

An interesting, very simplistic Sign.

Perfectly good lioness portrait, in colour, with pleasing contrasting OOF BG.

Entrance .. nice FG textures, light on both doors but again I'm wondering if B&W is a good idea.

(y)

Loads of great photos! I particularly like your and Caitlin's shot for 'covered', Caitlin's for 'lone' and 'stone' and your photo for 'effort'... 3-2 for your daughter :D

Nice catch up Michael!
I particularly like the Dog, snail and beach shots :)

Whoa - some catch-up. My preferences are:
Caitlin = Simple, Stone, Effort, Static
You = Rough, Covered, Life, Lone
4-4 Score draw - terrific set both with your Life and Caitlin's Static being the top two.

Hi Michael ....just had a good look through your catch ups and I'm very impressed, each one is an excellent interpretation of the theme, although Caitlin is having some guidance she certainly has a good eye, which is probably the most important thing of all. Really nice to see you working together on the themes.

Hi Michael / Caitlin,

Rough - Both nicely on theme, I prefer the composition of the first of the two shots, making greater use of the shallow DoF.
Covered - The moon shot is simple but effective and also something I tried and failed to achieve using last week, so on that basis, (y) to Caitlin.
Simple - Again, a couple of well taken shots. The contrast of the blue sky and yellow petals for the sunflower shot really is the killer image though.
Life - A bit of a shoehorn there eh? I'll go for the dogs life here, the blade of grass that obscures the snail in Caitlin's shot detracts. A few minutes :) later the composition may have been better.
Lone - Both on theme, the boat shot is the harder of the two and whilst not perfect, is my favourite.
Stone - The church and graveyard, no question. It just has oodles of atmosphere. :clap: Fantastic.
Effort - I guess week 13 and April means the snow wasn't an archive shot ;) Certainly fits the theme. Not sure if I can work out why Caitlin's is 'effort' though.
Static - Yay for Kettles :) Give us a clue, where is it? It looks NG to me. Fair play to C for getting up close and personal with that monster!!! Well captured with good use of DoF.

Hi Michael ....just had a good look through your catch ups and I'm very impressed, each one is an excellent interpretation of the theme, although Caitlin is having some guidance she certainly has a good eye, which is probably the most important thing of all. Really nice to see you working together on the themes.

Thanks Susie, it is really nice to work together and is helping over time with caitlin's general understanding of things, it doesn't always happen, hence why we are behind, I have to cath her attention span at the right time, not confirmed yet by a health professional but she has a lot of traits all over the autism spectrum. A lot of the time we take pictures while we are out and choose the themes later, so she doesn't get confused and other times she is like Im doing this for this

Hi Michael / Caitlin,

Rough - Both nicely on theme, I prefer the composition of the first of the two shots, making greater use of the shallow DoF.
Covered - The moon shot is simple but effective and also something I tried and failed to achieve using last week, so on that basis, (y) to Caitlin.
Simple - Again, a couple of well taken shots. The contrast of the blue sky and yellow petals for the sunflower shot really is the killer image though.
Life - A bit of a shoehorn there eh? I'll go for the dogs life here, the blade of grass that obscures the snail in Caitlin's shot detracts. A few minutes :) later the composition may have been better.
Lone - Both on theme, the boat shot is the harder of the two and whilst not perfect, is my favourite.
Stone - The church and graveyard, no question. It just has oodles of atmosphere. :clap: Fantastic.
Effort - I guess week 13 and April means the snow wasn't an archive shot ;) Certainly fits the theme. Not sure if I can work out why Caitlin's is 'effort' though.
Static - Yay for Kettles :) Give us a clue, where is it? It looks NG to me. Fair play to C for getting up close and personal with that monster!!! Well captured with good use of DoF.

Thanks Tim for the going through them :) Effort yep, it took quite a while for caitin to get that one, her version was effort of getting to the top of the hill at whitby and looking down, my dad got it straight away but my mum said why was it effort, Perhaos we could have photographed the 199 steps we walked up, but our 3 yr old was all over the place!

As for my steam engine, it is at a local railway, Ecclesbourne Valley between duffield and wirksworth

:clap: good work.

Two that stand out .... the sunflower and the spider with wood/brick textures/colours.

A few more to catch up with

Liquid, Caitlins first

Liquid by caitlin by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Storm Cloud by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Cracked, Caitlin's first

Cracked by caitlin by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

cracked #2 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Pair, Caitlin's first

Caitlins pair by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Osprey and Meridian by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Big, Caitlin's first

big by caitlin by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

mine was taken a while back

Heckington Windmill #7 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Really good stuff Michael, great catch up and Caitlins castle is brilliant :)

Ok, a little out of sync here with what we have done theme wise, so I'm going through mine first and caitlin is hopefully going to get caught up and complete this years 52

after

Ice sculpture #4 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Cultural

york street #5 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

male/female

People ona train by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Out and about

Warrior #2 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

arranged

arranged by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

News

news by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

pose

excuse me by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Spooky

Spooky by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

OMG some really amazing images Michael. Stand-outs for me are After & Young ... exposure in both are super. As for Caitlin's, my pick for top shot is Serene - beautiful seascape, excellent colour and the gull just tops it.

Back