Film Photographer of the Year 2017 - Discussion

voting thread now "promoted" on the front page of the forum to try and get the general populace involved...

at least I think I have... if someone who's not a staff member could have a quick look and check it all works OK, as this is the first time I've "promoted" a thread since marcel updated some of the forum plugins, and it was all different...

Presumably on the front page of the f&c forum??

If so, then all looks to be good(y)

Reviving an old issue for clarity, I presume we should not vote for our own entries, however brilliant they are?

voting thread now "promoted" on the front page of the forum to try and get the general populace involved...

at least I think I have... if someone who's not a staff member could have a quick look and check it all works OK, as this is the first time I've "promoted" a thread since marcel updated some of the forum plugins, and it was all different...

Yes, it's definitely there if you go to the Home page of the whole Forum. @Carl Hall maybe have a look and check if it's clear for the wider public?

Reviving an old issue for clarity, I presume we should not vote for our own entries, however brilliant they are?

well - personally I think that it'd be dashed unsporting and the behavior of an utter bounder... or a foreigner... ;)

(should add I'm 1/8 german, so I'd probably qualify on both scores, as well as being just about foreign enough to be royalty...)

Yes, it's definitely there if you go to the Home page of the whole Forum.

i'm looking on the Home page but I don't see it Chris
Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place although there's only one home page that I know of:confused:
Could you link me to it please?

Thanks for doing that, it should get a lot more people voting :)

It's up to you I think really Chris, I don't want to tell you how you can and can't vote. I won't be voting for any of my own personally, but if you think yours is the best then why not vote for it.

:ty: @Carl Hall
Duh, I was looking on the home screen but above the list of recent posts.

The fact that it has been typed up in nice big Capital letters so everyone can see it, is why I missed it:confused::D:D

My entry for February is posted and won't be changed.....not least of all as it took more than one attempt due to schoolboy error.

Oh the first frame was pretty much OK, however:

I loaded it on the Mod54 for developing but the insert was causing me difficulties that i couldn't sort in the changing bag so I puts the sheet of film in the tank, and attaches the funnel.

Opens the bag, sorts the insert, then continues with the loading of the film.

Souped, held up to light and Arghh!!!! light entry.

Where the heck has that come from as the DD is light tight as are the bellows etc.

In addition the entry didn't stem from the edge but from the center of the frame.

Totally bemused and peeved at the thought of having to lugg the 12kg of monorail kit back to the location for a double take, I struggled to understand what had happened.

Then all of a sudden it clicked,.......yes i put the film in the tank firmly closed with the funnel BUT the center column was sat in the insert:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Anyway the lighting etc was pretty much the same for the second attempt although i had to get it shot early sunday morning before the crowds arrived.

If anything it's slightly better than the original frame ( llight entry aside) and overall i'm pleased with it.:)

It's tight at the top, hope everybody has voted.

I'm waiting for a late flurry of votes to surge me through to a late Trump-like victory, otherwise it's going to be a difficult few weeks in the Snap household. :D

Whoever voted for my shot, can they withdraw it as it poses difficultieis in my plans to become last place each month and win the title of MUPOTY........Most Useless Photographer Of The Year :D

Whoever voted for my shot, can they withdraw it as it poses difficultieis in my plans to become last place each month and win the title of MUPOTY........Most Useless Photographer Of The Year :D

Not me Mate. :ROFLMAO:

How do you see the poll results on the app?

Yeah yeah, we know you were joint first. No need to go on about it ;0)

(Open the thread then click on the triple dots in the top right corner and select "web view". You'll need to logon again then will be able to see the voting options and results.)

I'm not sure that you can.

I can see them on the desktop and laptop but not on the tablet!

(Open the thread then click on the triple dots in the top right corner and select "web view". You'll need to logon again then will be able to see the voting options and results.)

Ah, ignore my post, I have no idea what I'm talking about ....as usual :D

Ta

I'm definitely not first though [emoji6]

How do you see the poll results on the app?
You have to go to webview to see the poll, unless I'm missing something.

This IS going to be fun! :D:D:D

Well I think Feb is going to be a difficult month because of the rotten weather...when we do get some nice days we would have to get thru' a roll of film and get it done by the 28th :grumpy: :(

Back