weekly Flyphots 52 for 2021: Week 52 'Showcase'

Not sure I like the roses (not the shot but the gate!). I think I would have been tempted to put a vignette on the image to throw the big rose more into prominence. Love the daisy though!

Not sure I like the roses (not the shot but the gate!). I think I would have been tempted to put a vignette on the image to throw the big rose more into prominence. Love the daisy though!

Thanks, I didn't bother with a vignette because I feel the bokeh does that job, but I suppose it could work.

Week 21 - Pattern

this is the hub of a steel cart wheel that we have in our garden. I just love the colours and textures in this image.

Last edited:
That works very well. Mono would too!

Very nice Jim.

Quite harsh light on your subject but it works with you to enhance the sharpness of the patterns.

Pattern
Good textures and colours. I like the shadow running diagonally across the wheel.

Nice!
The hard shadow plays well against the texture in the hard lit parts.

Week 22 Up Close.

This was an alternative for last week (Patterns) but it just didn't seem to have enough pattern for me. But, as luck would have it, the theme is Up Close, which this is. I call it Raspberry Ripple, it's a carnation ...

Last edited:
Quick off the mark Jim, very nice shot and colourful.

Thanks Dave, yes I had it in Flickr as it was a back-up for last week's theme ;)

Nice shot!

Up close
The title suits it and there is lots of detail, maybe adding more from the left to provide the full shape of the first flatter petal section would enhance it

Nice subtle colours for up close Jim.
It almost looks like a water colour (y)

Lovely colours in your close up and gives the impression of a satin texture. Like it a lot.

Week 23 'Personal' Protective Equipment

A sad indictment of our times whereby litter seems to be something that people really don't care about leaving. But worse than 'normal' litter (if you could get any worse) is the increasing amount of disposable face masks that are being discarded. I call this image 'Human ... Waste'

As luck would have it I made this image yesterday.

Last edited:
Blimey Jim, any quicker and your'll be posting before the theme is announced :D

Nice take on the theme. Sad to see though.

Blimey Jim, any quicker and your'll be posting before the theme is announced :D

Nice take on the theme. Sad to see though.

Haha, sorry, it just happened to be an image made yesterday, and I had a flash of inspiration. Yep, definitley sad to see, and getting worse unfortunately.

First out of the gates again :D

Sad to see discarded masks. Fits the theme well though and the colour popping draws attention to it.

Your raspberry ripple carnation is lovely for Up Close. Beautiful flower, nicely captured.

First out of the gates again :D

Sad to see discarded masks. Fits the theme well though and the colour popping draws attention to it.

Your raspberry ripple carnation is lovely for Up Close. Beautiful flower, nicely captured.

Thank you, I was just lucky with this image as I made it yesterday.

Sad to see but a good image all the same. The colour highlight really drives home the comment.

Personal
I really quite like it. It's like the mask has come down the downpipe and washed out onto the pavement.

That's a nice image, but sad that they are just getting dumped every where.
Sad to see but a good image all the same. The colour highlight really drives home the comment.
Personal
I really quite like it. It's like the mask has come down the downpipe and washed out onto the pavement.

Thanks all, and apologies for the tardiness in replying but i'm working away from home this week.

Week 24 - 'Green' Fingers.

I've been helping out with a military charity this week, on a Rural Experience Week, which has been fantastic. This lady is a horticulturalist who was taking the guys throgh a session on the benefits of horticulture etc, and was just inspecting a black-fly infestation on a plant in a walled garden ...

Last edited:
Back