Weekly Flyphots 52 for 2021: Week 9 'Reflection'

OP
FlyPhot
Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Nice!

The silhouette against the foreboding sky really evokes the mood of the film.
Thanks Nick, appreciate the comments

OP
FlyPhot
Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Thats a really super stand alone shot, the colours are lovely, and it perfect for your film choice too, those birds look spooky!
Thanks Susie :giggle:

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
Film title
I did correctly guess the title, with the clearly defined silhouette making the image

OP
FlyPhot
Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
OP
FlyPhot
Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Week 8 - Halves

I saw this pine cone on the ground at work, ad had a flash of inspration s I thought it would look interesting, vut in half. So, I got it home and halved it on my bandsaw, i'm really pleased with the patterns it's produced. Here are 2 variations on the theme, I hope you like them:

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Fascinating, I never would have guessed. Thanks for explaining. I think you chose the better image and I like the border.

OP
FlyPhot
Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Fascinating, I never would have guessed. Thanks for explaining. I think you chose the better image and I like the border.
Thanks Paul

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Excellent - works really well.

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
A clean cut.

The first works well for the theme. The second tells us what it is.

Edit My Images
No
A nice shot. It’s intriguing to see the internal structure, not something you tend to think about as a rule. I prefer the first shot due to the symmetry of the two halves but the second gives more context. All in all a cracking pair of halves :)

OP
FlyPhot
Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
A clean cut.

The first works well for the theme. The second tells us what it is.
A nice shot. It’s intriguing to see the internal structure, not something you tend to think about as a rule. I prefer the first shot due to the symmetry of the two halves but the second gives more context. All in all a cracking pair of halves :)

Thanks both, appreciate the comments, and I agree

OP
FlyPhot
Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Really interesting. Never thought how a cone would look like in the inside before.
Fascinating, and something I've never seen before. Thanks for sharing it!

Thanks both, glad you like it and yes, it's amazing what they look like inside; I've never seen the inside of these before either

Fuji Dave

Teacher's Pet, of Borg
Name
PRINCESS
Edit My Images
No
Cracking job for halves, great to see what it looks like from inside.

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Interesting! Honestly a question I've never asked myself, now I know.

I really like the first shot, the square crop and the symmetrical composition work really well. There's something odd about it to my eyes that must be the texture of the subject and background, but at first glance it looks almost noisy.... except I don't think it is.... weird!

OP
FlyPhot
Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Interesting! Honestly a question I've never asked myself, now I know.

I really like the first shot, the square crop and the symmetrical composition work really well. There's something odd about it to my eyes that must be the texture of the subject and background, but at first glance it looks almost noisy.... except I don't think it is.... weird!
Thanks Nick, I see what you mean about the noise, I think that's just because of all the textures in the image

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks Nick, I see what you mean about the noise, I think that's just because of all the textures in the image
I think you're right. It's not noisy, but there's a consistent graininess in the subject matter that almost mimics noise. Crazy!

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
Fascinating patterns, I would never have guessed what it was. I would maybe have moved it slightly down the wooden background to remove the highlight across the top especially in the right hand side.

OP
FlyPhot
Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Fascinating patterns, I would never have guessed what it was. I would maybe have moved it slightly down the wooden background to remove the highlight across the top especially in the right hand side.
Cheers. I couldn't move it as the background board has highlights top and bottom, the highlight at the top is the lesser of the 2 evils tbh.

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
The pole shot is the one for me. Your chosen one is a bit cluttered for my liking (hence me preferring the clean, minimalist look) and the reflection less strong. It's a real part of that third image. Good stuff!

OP
FlyPhot
Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
I think you chose the strongest of the selection.
The pole shot is the one for me. Your chosen one is a bit cluttered for my liking (hence me preferring the clean, minimalist look) and the reflection less strong. It's a real part of that third image. Good stuff!

Thanks both, I was really torn on which to choose as I like them all for different reasons