The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

So, with Mike purchasing my 80mm, I have ordered the 50-140 from the refurb store.

Next is the 16-55, which will give me zoom coverage from 10mm to 560mm. Interview for a new job next week, if that's successful, one T2 will make way for an H1.

So, with Mike purchasing my 80mm, I have ordered the 50-140 from the refurb store.

Next is the 16-55, which will give me zoom coverage from 10mm to 560mm. Interview for a new job next week, if that's successful, one T2 will make way for an H1.

Cool I'm now covered from 7.5mm fisheye up to 1200mm if that don't cover all my needs with 4 lenses and a converter I'm gonna give up and sell the lot:LOL:
your gonna love the 50-140 2.8 I know i do mine :):fuji:

Last edited:
Doing a lot of portraits at the moment. Almost 90% decided to keep the 56 & the 55-200. Then there's this at 88mm...

Better Half... Almost :)
by Ian, on Flickr

Doing a lot of portraits at the moment. Almost 90% decided to keep the 56 & the 55-200. Then there's this at 88mm...

Better Half... Almost :)
by Ian, on Flickr

You’re lucky to have a willing and beautiful model.
Just a suggestion. Try posing her with the face more towards you, be sure the nose doesn’t break the cheek line.
You’ll see more of her far eye and not draw so much attention to the nose.
I think side on shots are more suited to male models.

Caveat...what do I know...

Cool I'm now covered from 7.5mm fisheye up to 1200mm if that don't cover all my needs with 4 lenses and a converter I'm gonna give up and sell the lot:LOL:
your gonna love the 50-140 2.8 I know i do mine :):fuji:

When I hired one for a workshop at BWC I knew I wanted one. In fact, when I bought the 80, I really wanted the 50-140 but there was no UK stock, so GAS cut in and I bought the Macro. Looking forward to it arriving, along with a replacement lens hood for my 10-24.

Try posing her with the face more towards you

Thanks Trevor. I try a lot of different poses and have several with the face more towards. I just really like this one despite its faults.

Steve. I’ve got unashamed GAS for X-H1 (no funds though)
Wondering what’s attracting you.

Steve. I’ve got unashamed GAS for X-H1 (no funds though)
Wondering what’s attracting you.

I just think the H1 will be a better fit for my wildlife work attached to the 100-400 & 1.4TC. As much as I love my Fuji gear, my compromise has been birds in flight; I just can't seem to tail them on the T2/100-400 combo. It may well be me, as I was never brilliant at it with my Canon gear but I did get regular keepers. Last month I was struggling to get Herons & Kites. They are both big birds that aren't particularly fast.

Also, when I'm out & about, I tend to put the camera in the boot without putting back in a bag, just in case I need to grab it quickly. The T2 hasn't shown any signs of wear, but I'm sure the higher spec finish of the H1 will be better suited to my manhandling!

I just think the H1 will be a better fit for my wildlife work attached to the 100-400 & 1.4TC. As much as I love my Fuji gear, my compromise has been birds in flight; I just can't seem to tail them on the T2/100-400 combo. It may well be me, as I was never brilliant at it with my Canon gear but I did get regular keepers. Last month I was struggling to get Herons & Kites. They are both big birds that aren't particularly fast.

Also, when I'm out & about, I tend to put the camera in the boot without putting back in a bag, just in case I need to grab it quickly. The T2 hasn't shown any signs of wear, but I'm sure the higher spec finish of the H1 will be better suited to my manhandling!

Gotcha. Makes sense. Kinda figured it’d be related to your wildlife shooting.

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London UK of a youngster taking a snap with a cell phone. I just love the look of concentration on the child's face.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/1000th @ F6.4, ISO-200, Handheld.
Togger (13)-03233 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

I have to say that I'm not impressed with Fuji's customer service.

I have an order with them to the value of £1200 and they don't have the ability to track the order via my account on their website. In this day & age, when even the Post Office can give you those sort of details, it's pretty poor...

I have to say that I'm not impressed with Fuji's customer service.

I have an order with them to the value of £1200 and they don't have the ability to track the order via my account on their website. In this day & age, when even the Post Office can give you those sort of details, it's pretty poor...

Not often that Fuji customer service is poor.
Hope it turns up Steve.

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at Canterbury Kent UK of a guy with his Guitar doing a bit of street playing. I just love the expression on this guy's face.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/50th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Muso (31)-03219 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

I hired a Fuji 100-400 over Christmas and loved it, and having sold some more Nikon gear I now have my own :D

I have only managed one outing with it so far and it's the longest focal length I have used so there's a bit of a learning curve, but I was quite happy with these two. How some of you guys use it for motorsports and birds in flight, I have no idea, but I clearly have some practice ahead!

22 Creatures by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Lamb by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Andrea, using with the grip on the camera really helps. I know it makes it heavier, but it balances the combo out nicely.

I hired a Fuji 100-400 over Christmas and loved it, and having sold some more Nikon gear I now have my own :D

I have only managed one outing with it so far and it's the longest focal length I have used so there's a bit of a learning curve, but I was quite happy with these two. How some of you guys use it for motorsports and birds in flight, I have no idea, but I clearly have some practice ahead!

I liked it too, plus the TC, but find, having now changed to the X-H1, it handles that much better, albeit on a slightly larger body. Its also helped (stabilises) when it comes to using the 16-55.

Andrea, using with the grip on the camera really helps. I know it makes it heavier, but it balances the combo out nicely.

Yes that was my plan next time out, thanks for the reminder! I'm hoping to try it again this weekend with some horses and riders at a polo trials event. Thanks for the invite to the wildlife group, too - hopefully I will have more images to add soon.

Regarding the polo, does anyone have any tips or advice about the best tracking option for an event like that, or it is trial and error? I've never been before and a couple of us are going to watch out of interest and try getting some images.

Last edited:
I liked it too, plus the TC, but find, having now changed to the X-H1, it handles that much better, albeit on a slightly larger body. Its also helped (stabilises) when it comes to using the 16-55.

Thanks, Steve. I only got the X-T2 a few months ago so a X-H1 is not in my plans :) but I'm hoping that the grip will make a difference next time out. I think I will get used to it but I haven't used a long lens for a few years, and never a 600mm equivalent!

22 Creatures
by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Lamb
by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Two very nice Fujigraphs Ma'am, particularly liking the the sheep shot.(y)

"The 100-400m can take a bit of gettin' used to but I'm sure you'll soon master it, as already said the grip makes a huge difference as does the boost mode"

George.

Really like that, Dave. Total sucker for negative space, I am.
Cheers Ian! If you've not been there, it's a very very big beach at low tide. Breathtaking but hard to photograph, just endless swathes of perfect white sand. The people were my attempt to find something to work with in the rapidly strengthening morning light. Thanks for the kind comment :)

I only use the grip if I want the 3 battery capacity. My left hand holds the lens, the extra weight of the grip might mean my hand is a few mm further back but that's about it. I don't use the grip that much as I prefer using a grip extension instead which improves the handling a lot more for me.

The grip does give you reduced shutter lag and EVF blackout and of course 11fps. AF speed remains the same though.

Back