Gardenbirders 52 for 2020

Good to see you sussed out the links and personal thread bit :)
Interestingly there is a Denham Golf Club here in blighty too, though the club house looks a tad different.
I'm assuming those are Emus on the veranda ?
It's nice to see views that we wouldn't normally see over here. I hope the temperature has dropped a bit now.

Yes, a very different image to the usual ones posted. The Emu's seem to be just waiting for someone to come off the 18th green, hope they are not dangerous :)

Great start to your 52 challenge Michael!(y)
Excellent colours and a nice compositional angle - the inclusion of the two 'visitors' is a great bonus.
We don't get many emus round here, so it's very interesting to see them....didn't know they played golf though...or maybe they're just caddying!!:LOL:

Great start to the challenge, much different to most golf clubs around here! :)

Good start to your 52 welcome on board Love the inclusion of the Emus.

Not jealous / jealous :D
Very nice Michael (y)

That looks very pleasant indeed, much better than the wind and rain I had on the way home this evening

Hi Micheal

You have come a long way for our 52, Welcome. I hope you are not being affected by the fires on your east coast, I now its a long way away.

Your golf corse is not as we know them, can't see much grass.

Think you need to check your verticals on your Image, none of them are, easy to fix in Photoshop if you use it.

Wk2 is a good image, you live near a very nice beach, I'm not sure but this image looks off canter as well as the last one, it may be how you hold your camera, take time to check in the viewfinder.

Pete

My beach was a bit winder. Looks a very nice spot Is that Albany W.A.
Yes it is, during an apparently untypical overcast week. There's loads of stunning beaches around here as it happens. We're hoping to find a few more on our travels in the coming week before leaving Aus on the 26th.

Very much a landscape, and on theme for the week.
Did you try any other approaches to the shot, say a close up on the beach as well as the distance shot?
just that one shot, as a quick grab, though i had to aks my wife to walk out again, as you can see by the preceeding footprints :) We were meandering at the end of a tricky 4x4 track, having been driven there by a friend, just grabbed a few minutes downtime before heading on (the park ranger was a little stuck in a Tradie's van up the ways so we needed to head back to check on them). I like your idea of a close-up though, possibly a lower angle too.... hmmmm....

Hopefully this fits within the broad definition of a tool. Lots of farm equipment is left to sit and rust, like this implement. Sometimes generations of vehicles for example sit side by side rusting and abandoned. Some like this one are used to mark entrances to farms. This was taken on the roa to Esperance, WA, our last stop on what has been a long tour of Australia, we fly to New Zealand on Sunday for a couple of months before finally making our way home to Scotland at the end of March.

Tool (1 of 1).jpg

Great find, well exposed with sharp focus on the subject. I like this shot.

Three great photos so far!

pleasure - well composed with empty beach between the rocks and the hill. Shame there are two traces of footsteps :)

tool - great find and nicely composed

Knew you would find something interesting out there in the wilderness! Lovely shot Michael!

Yep that fits right in Michael.
Nicely exposed and a great background to set the scene.
Nice find!

Some kind of tractor I presume?
Nicely captured, plenty of texture and rust.
I see you put the rear right wheel on the bottom and left third. Did you consider croping in from the top left to place the centre of the tractor on the third instead? I feel it might be a stronger composition .

Lovely subject, and I like the composition. Everything is sharp in this - no bad thing in and of itself, but I'd like to are a little less DoF personally. One to revisit? Looks like there might be a bunch of opportunities around this tractor?

if anyone is interested, i am travelling with 2x Canon EOS 5Ds, one with a 500mm prime and one with the EF 24-105mm. No room for a tripod (so all non wildlife is handheld), just a monopod for the 500x. My travel blog is here: http://gardenbirder.blogspot.com/ it's pretty much up to date minus the last 10 days.

thanks for the feedback on the DoF and cropping. I wanted to keep the trees 'complete' but i do agree there's loads of ways this be approached, i am really appreciating the ideas and advice, please do keep it coming!

Nice fine.. odd looking machine. I would have tried cropping slightly tighter and off center but then I tend to lean towards tight cropping.

Aye that works well :)

Great capture, possibly suits a square crop with the higher tree tops above the tractor. Looking forward to your next location shot!

Back