Gardenbirders 52 for 2020

Hi Micheal

I don't think any others will trump the numbers of themes you have shown.

Nice use of colours and well lit.

Pete

Only two topical ones that I can see.
I did find it amusing that BrewDog brought out a hand rub so they had something to make at the beginning of the lockdown.
(To be fair, most of their beer tastes like it should be consigned to the hand rub as far as I'm concerned!)

I'll take the Elvis Juice and Mr President please :D

Love the shoehorn for your activity photo [emoji16] Very nicely done! And the picture itself is lovely - nice soft colours with the focus perfectly chosen.

It's that containers in your artificial shot? I can't quite identify them... It's a very nice picture either way, and the processing is very effective. The vignette focusses attention nicely.

Edit - I've now read Tim's comments. Tank traps in a nature reserve makes a lot more sense than shipping containers...

Your silhouetted cranes are lovely, with just a hint of colour to suggest the detail they have.

And wet is very effective. Good idea behind this picture.

And one of these things is not like the other in Topical. One can but hope the it's subject would experiment with drinking all of them to clear out his system... Very nicely thought through picture!

I'm not sure I get the topical theme other than the hand rub - does this mean I've lead a sheltered life? The Brewdog brand is enough to hold it all together though, giving a nice colourful image. Part of me wants there to be a gap on either side of the hand rub and not just one :D Nice lighting too.

Edit: Just spotted your 'wet' post as I went to leave the page. Very nice minimalistic image.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I get the topical theme other than the hand rub - does this mean I've lead a sheltered life? The Brewdog brand is enough to hold it all together though, giving a nice colourful image. Part of me wants there to be a gap on either side of the hand rub and not just one :D Nice lighting too.

Edit: Just spotted your 'wet' post as I went to leave the page. Very nice minimalistic image.
The US presidential election / Trump (Tangarine) / COVID / Climate Change - Brewdog are now carbon negative, and have a current equity offer for replanting 1 million trees in Scotland :)

What looks to be the remains of a lobster, brains and shell mostly, taken on Bellochantuy beach while away for our 25th Wedding Anniversary this week!

Food.JPG

Another archive image, sorry, but couldn't really get anywhere with my ideas this week. This is a marsh crocodile photographed in December 2011 in Ranthambore National Park, India, while looking for Tigers.

Sharp.JPG

That sharp for sure - nice reflection too.

Food
The blue, grey, rusty brown colours, along with the long red antenna, stand out well against the sand and stone.

Sharp
They're big old beasties and I'm sure they can move pretty fast on land and in water.

I used a digital camera, loaded the file to my PC, then converted it (I have an older version of Lightroom), then loaded it to my server, the registered and processed it in Lightroom before uploading the image to this site. All in 10 minutes. This is my wife's left eye looking out of our dining room window with me and my camera off centre:

Digital Age 52.JPG

I like the eye - just wonder if a bit of extra light on your camera in the reflection would have added another digital element.

Hi Michael,

Good detail in the photo, and the reflection. Plenty of digits required to make it all happen.

Pete

Lest we forget. First attempt at soft focus, taking advantage of the only sunshine (albeit low) forecast during the coming week in our backgarden, The acer is beautiful at this time of year.

Lest we forget.JPG

Lovely colours and great use of backlight. Nicely soft focused. Good job

Such a wonderfully colourful tree, suits the soft focus very well.

I was just going back through the main thread and have only just now realised that your topical one is the same brewer for the hand gel as the beers.

D'oh.

And it was only after reading your prompt to look out for more that I spotted the Mr President and Clockwork Tangerine references too.

Nicely observed and taken.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late post, we had Covid and as well as being isolated for 2 weeks, just a few days to go now, we were moderately unwell too. Anyway pleased as punch to have had a shed put up during this time, albeit i had to leave them to it. As you can see it's an unusual design, made to measure by a local firm, to fit in a very Narrow space :)

Narrow.JPG

Sorry for the late post, we had Covid and as well as being isolated for 2 weeks, just a few days to go now, we were moderately unwell too. Anyway pleased as punch to have had a shed put up during this time, albeit i had to leave them to it. As you can see it's an unusual design, made to measure by a local firm, to fit in a very Narrow space :)
Sorry to hear that you were unwell Michael hopefully you are now well on the way to mending?
Don't worry about the late post there are a few people that have been playing catch up, including me.
Nice narrow shed (y)

Eee By Heck, That is narrow, doorway to a black hole.

What do you keep in there, a folded up deckchair....

Hope you get over what ever you have caught. Hopefully not the dreaded Covid

Pete

Back