weekly George's 52 for 2018 And finished

Week - 42 - Model - Some very dodgy looking models at Castle Rushen in Castletown

Model.jpg

Week 45 - Mark - These poppies were put around a nearby village to mark the deaths of 17 men who were killed in WW1. They put them as close as possible to where they had lived
Mark.jpg

Week 46 - Lost - These invisible men were used by the British Legion to represent those who lost their lives during war.

Lost.jpg

Week 47 - Monstrous - Or maybe not! I actually think his colouring is beautiful but a Komodo dragon has to count as a monster, doesn't it. Well maybe a bit of a shoehorn

DSC_3377.jpg

Sorry got to comment on filthy, love it, I can almost feel that mud squidging between my toes!:)

Great that you have come back to finish by the way, enjoying your catch up.

Week 50 - Motion - Baby Rhino at Chester Zoo. He was having a mad 5 mins racing around the paddock
Motion.jpg

Week 51 - Party - This is definitely a shoehorn!! My hubby and his mates having a car party :rolleyes:
party.jpg

Week 52 - And finally my showcase picture of the year. I was very happy to get 20/20 for this picture in 2 competitions this year. Showcase.jpg

Sorry got to comment on filthy, love it, I can almost feel that mud squidging between my toes!:)

Great that you have come back to finish by the way, enjoying your catch up.

Thank you :D I was glad to have my very waterproof boots on. I wouldn't like it to have been squidged between my toes :D

What a great catch up and finish to your 52 Georgina, all good shots love the baby having a mad run and showcase to finish off nicely.

Thanks Dave. Non of them were taken for the themes (as I haven't been on to look) but they work so hey ho

Hi Georgina,

I think I've pretty much commented on every image (bugs excluded) this year, so don;t think you can sneak these past me ;)

• Model - Dodgy indeed. 1960's Dr Who would have been ashamed to use them... I know it wasn't the point of the image, but the thing that really has me looking is the map of the world on the wall. That and trying to guess if the mirror on the wall really is a mirror or if it's a painting.
  • Corner - I had something like that almost make it for one of my shots this summer. The change in appearance between in and out of the room is quite drastic. It certainly hits the theme and the verticals are spot on.
  • Filthy - Someone shouldn't have stepped where they did eh? Bang on for the theme. Plenty of detail :)
    I might have tried to have avoided the shadow / bright area line across the shoe, not sure it needs it as there is plenty of reflection off the darker parts of the wet parts of the boot as it is.
  • Mark - We had something similar around our town. A friend of ours was involved in putting them up. Your backgrounds for them are nicer than ours.
  • Lost - Evocative, that's about the only word to use for this. Really nicely captured and presented,
  • Monstrous - I think a dragon is a monster, so it's not a shoe horn in my eyes. Excellent detail and reproduction of the colours (y)
  • Balanced - Nothing wrong with this, but not my sort of image really, so no real critique here from me.
  • Crushed - He does look down in the dumps, doesn't he. Great catch of the expression.
  • Motion - Rhino version of Kittens in spring then? Mind you, I don't think I'd fancy him rushing around my house, climbing the curtains!!!
  • Party - Is the Mk1 a Mexico? The lining looks right for it. Gotta love the Mk1 - Wish I'd not scrapped mine.
    Works nicely in the letterbox style.
  • Showcase - That is a very good image isn't it. Excellent progression from the very sharp to the extreme OOF. :clap:

All ticked off in the spreadsheet :)
And onto '19 YAY

Hi Georgina,

I think I've pretty much commented on every image (bugs excluded) this year, so don;t think you can sneak these past me ;)

• Model - Dodgy indeed. 1960's Dr Who would have been ashamed to use them... I know it wasn't the point of the image, but the thing that really has me looking is the map of the world on the wall. That and trying to guess if the mirror on the wall really is a mirror or if it's a painting.
  • Corner - I had something like that almost make it for one of my shots this summer. The change in appearance between in and out of the room is quite drastic. It certainly hits the theme and the verticals are spot on.
  • Filthy - Someone shouldn't have stepped where they did eh? Bang on for the theme. Plenty of detail :)
    I might have tried to have avoided the shadow / bright area line across the shoe, not sure it needs it as there is plenty of reflection off the darker parts of the wet parts of the boot as it is.
  • Mark - We had something similar around our town. A friend of ours was involved in putting them up. Your backgrounds for them are nicer than ours.
  • Lost - Evocative, that's about the only word to use for this. Really nicely captured and presented,
  • Monstrous - I think a dragon is a monster, so it's not a shoe horn in my eyes. Excellent detail and reproduction of the colours (y)
  • Balanced - Nothing wrong with this, but not my sort of image really, so no real critique here from me.
  • Crushed - He does look down in the dumps, doesn't he. Great catch of the expression.
  • Motion - Rhino version of Kittens in spring then? Mind you, I don't think I'd fancy him rushing around my house, climbing the curtains!!!
  • Party - Is the Mk1 a Mexico? The lining looks right for it. Gotta love the Mk1 - Wish I'd not scrapped mine.
    Works nicely in the letterbox style.
  • Showcase - That is a very good image isn't it. Excellent progression from the very sharp to the extreme OOF. :clap:

All ticked off in the spreadsheet :)
And onto '19 YAY

Thanks very much Tim and well done for all your commenting:D

I'm pretty sure the models were there the first time I went in about 1990 lol. Hadn't really looked at the picture/mirror, had just assumed it was a painting. Looking again, I don't think it is a mirror, it doesn't seem to quite reflect the things on the table. Rufus was giving me the look cos he is a big scaredy cat and didn't like me holding the camera in front of my face :rolleyes:. The Rhino was very funny, he was trying to play with some antelope type animals that share the paddock but they were having none of it. I have no idea if it's a mexico or not :sorry: Had to be the letterbox really, to get them all in. There was too much car park and sky, so they had to be cropped off :D

And the catchup award for 2018 foers to.... @Missycat :banana::woot::banana:

Some fab shoits there - Monstrous leaps out - super duper shot!

What an amazing set of images!

Highlights for me are
Filthy: - is it right to call this a beautiful image?:D...well I'm gonna!! Love the splash of pink too!
Monstrous: Wow, what an incredible closeup, such detail and glorious colours...those things can give you a nasty nip so I hear, so monstrous is certainly appropriate!
Crushed: What is there to say other than Awwwwwww!!!! Adorable and compelling, what a super image!

And your Showcase image is spectacular, perfect toning, amazing detail and great use of Dof...simply stunning, congratulations for completing the 52.
I'm looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful images in next years 52.:)

What an amazing set of images!

Highlights for me are
Filthy: - is it right to call this a beautiful image?:D...well I'm gonna!! Love the splash of pink too!
Monstrous: Wow, what an incredible closeup, such detail and glorious colours...those things can give you a nasty nip so I hear, so monstrous is certainly appropriate!
Crushed: What is there to say other than Awwwwwww!!!! Adorable and compelling, what a super image!

And your Showcase image is spectacular, perfect toning, amazing detail and great use of Dof...simply stunning, congratulations for completing the 52.
I'm looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful images in next years 52.:)

Wow thanks very much. Thankfully the Komodo Dragon was behind glass, not sure I would want to get so close without. the glass was very clean and I could put my lens right up to it, hence the close up :D Rufus belongs to a lady I work for and is such a cutie with his squishy face but he is as dumb a box of rocks, bless him

Well, get you - waking up and wrestling your way to the finish! I've seen most of them already but my favourites are the colourful Komodo Dragon and lovely wrinkly Rufus. The Showcase images definitely deserves its place, too.

Well done on getting to the end and here's to another one in 2019 :D

Showcase
Allium seedhead if I'm not mistaken. Looks good and it seems to be popular with the judges too.

Well, get you - waking up and wrestling your way to the finish! I've seen most of them already but my favourites are the colourful Komodo Dragon and lovely wrinkly Rufus. The Showcase images definitely deserves its place, too.

Well done on getting to the end and here's to another one in 2019 :D

Thank you, was just lucky I could find something to fit each theme :LOL:

Excellent image for Showcase Georgina, enjoy your 52 in 2019.

Roger

Thanks Roger. I hope to keep up to date this year, it does make it much harder when you get behind. Best wishes to you for 2019 :D

Back