Greenwich and Ansel Adams Exhibition Film Meet, 26th Jan 2013

Also I definitely need to come to the next meet, so poor RaglanSurf isn't the shortest one there anymore ;)

Bloody hell, don't you start :LOL:

A few more from me, this time on the Yashica-Mat 124 using either Velvia or expired Portra 160 :)

Waiting... by Strappster, on Flickr

Cutty Sark by Strappster, on Flickr

Greenwich by Strappster, on Flickr

Greenwich by Strappster, on Flickr

Greenwich Colonnade by Strappster, on Flickr

There are some lines on the left-hand side of some of the images. It occurs on both the slides and the negs so might be a result of my scanning rather than a development issue. Either way, it's too late to worry about them now, I'll re-scan another time. :)

Live last 2. And dat is hell a lot of blue sky!!!!

8482959145_5f5d113f8c_c.jpg
[/url] Nice photobomb! by Ali Lampard, on Flickr[/IMG]
Nick - Not short, as you can see..
8482854131_77844626ef_c.jpg
[/url] :. by Ali Lampard, on Flickr[/IMG]
8483961410_44241ac368_c.jpg
[/url] Please do not feed the photographers.. by Ali Lampard, on Flickr[/IMG]
8457505996_ceaff48884_c.jpg
8454803608_ffb60142f4_c.jpg
8454796488_8931277d64_c.jpg

Last edited:
Really rather enjoyed looking at those Ali, very nice processing of some excellent and unusual shots.

Andy

Cracking set of shots, liking a lot of them.

Mart

Really enjoying looking at everyone's shots - they are brilliant. We may have looked like a homogeneous bunch of togs, but everyone has a different perspective. (no pun!) Lovin' it. When can we go on another trip??
Nerdy stuff: Nikon F5 filled with Ilford FP4, dev'd in Rodinal. The purply/orange toning is done in Lightroom, the greeny/orangey is done by scanning it in as Agfa Optima in Silverfast, and is somewhat random in it's results.

Last edited:
Really rather enjoyed looking at those Ali, very nice processing of some excellent and unusual shots.

I'll second that.

Particularly like the beams of light on the floor, great composition of such a simple subject; good eye. :)

One of the many versions of this shot, after competely cocking up the first roll

8452563731_72ba95ac9a_c.jpg
[/url]
M3 Silvermax-19 by Raglansurf, on Flickr[/IMG]

I think it's the only one that Dean and Andy are actually paying attention :LOL:

8449450022_02d75cbeb3_z.jpg
[/url]
Hassy Delta 100-12 by Raglansurf, on Flickr[/IMG]
If only it was straight.

8453663946_9af44d2057_z.jpg
[/url]
M3 Silvermax-3 by Raglansurf, on Flickr[/IMG]

8452572933_ff9dfef16b_z.jpg
[/url]
M3 Silvermax-1 by Raglansurf, on Flickr[/IMG]
Backlighting, it's a bugger!

8449460612_c8bdbee330_z.jpg
[/url]
Hassy Delta 100-9 by Raglansurf, on Flickr[/IMG]

Time for another film meet I think :D

Last edited:
Quality work Al, you really do see the world in a very different way (y)

Nice one with benches, Nick. This would be you, then:

15340035_zps87fb561c.jpg

BTW did the 3 or so wildly wrongly exposed pics I took with your Leica come out? Put another way, have you found some shots on that roll that you don't remember taking;) ?

Nice one with benches, Nick. This would be you, then:

That's the one

BTW did the 3 or so wildly wrongly exposed pics I took with your Leica come out? Put another way, have you found some shots on that roll that you don't remember taking;) ?

I'd forgotten you had a go with the Leica, was it before or after the film calamity?

I'd forgotten you had a go with the Leica, was it before or after the film calamity?

I don't remember the film calamity... I know we were near the river as the first couple of shots were looking across, I think, before I realised there wasn't a meter and I actually had to think! :thinking: Near the anchor thing? Dunno! I know I was terrified to have such a valuable thing in my hand!

Maybe it was before lunch, as I remember looking through Jim's M6 and noting how much brighter the VF and RF were...

I don't remember the film calamity... I know we were near the river as the first couple of shots were looking across, I think, before I realised there wasn't a meter and I actually had to think! :thinking: Near the anchor thing? Dunno! I know I was terrified to have such a valuable thing in my hand!

Maybe it was before lunch, as I remember looking through Jim's M6 and noting how much brighter the VF and RF were...

Was this one of yours?

8453662788_df784f5d17_z.jpg
[/url]
M3 Silvermax-6 by Raglansurf, on Flickr[/IMG]

One of mine for now

Scan-130211-0002-Edit_zpsfb61fa49.jpg

Acros 100 with a yellow filter (i think), 50mm lens, very heavily cropped

The others are still in camera or on their way back from Peak

Oh Rob, schoolboy error or what....:LOL:

Oh and Nick, excellent shots. What a handsome bunch of retrographers we are.

Andy

No I haven't, your eyes are all in the wrong way round :nuts:

Well that was depressing. Mr Adams was a genius. Going home to put my cameras in the bin.

Well that was depressing. Mr Adams was a genius. Going home to put my cameras in the bin.

Don't be depressed Jim, be inspired.

I'm just about to put a Toyo 4x5 monorail camera up for sale in the classifieds. It's time to go LF (y)

if you do decide to put your cameras in the bin I do offer a free collect and disposal service for all unwanted camera equipment :D

RaglanSurf said:
Don't be depressed Jim, be inspired.

I'm just about to put a Toyo 4x5 monorail camera up for sale in the classifieds. It's time to go LF (y)

if you do decide to put your cameras in the bin I do offer a free collect and disposal service for all unwanted camera equipment :D

If a bunch of LF stuff turned up at home the wife would lose it!

I may just stick it all up in the loft to rot and get fungussy! ;)

If a bunch of LF stuff turned up at home the wife would lose it!

I may just stick it all up in the loft to rot and get fungussy! ;)

Don't you DARE... it's bad enough I've given up, without anyone else doing.

Mmm Toyo eh! 4 x 5 eh! Monorail eh!

No, no , no must fight urges......:puke::puke::wacky:

Not that I wish to fuel any fire with regar...... sod it. You must buy LF. It's by far the best thing I've ever done with respect to anything under the umbrella of photography. Out of my first box of 50 sheets of B&W, I got 25 frames I'm happy with. The ones I wasn't happy with were the occasional shafted exposures, and mostly poor compositions on my part. Not once did I achieve such a success rate, even on MF!

Go LF. You wont regret it! :D

Last edited:
Woodsy said:
Not that I wish to fuel any fire with regar...... sod it. You must buy LF. It's by far the best thing I've ever done with respect to anything under the umbrella of photography. Out of my first box of 50 sheets of B&W, I got 25 frames I'm happy with. The ones I wasn't happy with were the occasional shafted exposures, and mostly poor compositions on my part. Not once did I achieve such a success rate, even on MF!

You're not bl**dy helping....heads off to classifieds...

I do hope so, as I have decided to dip my toe into the LF waters and have a Graflex Crown Graphics on its way to me. :)

Ahem Jonathan, have we seen either of your shots yet:naughty:?

Yus, looking forward to those tree shots..:D Says the bloke photographing the floor..

Last edited:
On the subject - more b*ll*x from me - yes I am trying to rack up posts so I can raid the classifieds.. ;)

:nono: Careful what you admit to, you may find you can't get in even after 25 posts and 60 days... :rules:

(this is one area where we don't have a sense of humour btw! We waste hours of our time sorting the nightmare that is the classies, and just take a pretty dim view of anyone "raiding the classifieds")

Back