Greenwich and Ansel Adams Exhibition Film Meet, 26th Jan 2013

Those pics are great; really like Jim's Leica, and the little carving with the OOF foreground. Well done getting first dibs on the colonade shot, too: nice!

Yep , really nice little selection there Andy lad. Mine will be off to PI tomorrow but I need a bigger box to send them in, I got through 3 rolls of 120 and 4 of 35mm. Going to cost a flippin' fortune. (y)

I particularly like the one of Jim, mainly because most of his face is hidden....:naughty:

Might be waiting for a while with my shots as I'm still half way through all three of them :p

ok last few from me
tree huggers first

img728_Copy_.jpg

then the pro taking the group shot

img711_Copy_.jpg

and what it might look like if Nick loaded the film properly

img712_Copy_.jpg

i didnt want to say anything in case he thought it was part of his 90 percent ,,
anyway ,look how tall those two at the back are :D

anyway ,look how tall those two at the back are :D

Poor Nick....even stood on a bench, he struggles for height....Bless him:D

Rob, av you grown some more since i saw you last summer??....it's gotta be summat to do wiv all them fish & chips:D

Last edited:
Love the group shots! Really gutted I missed this one - blame the other half for calling me up drunk at 3am needing a lift home from central London...

...blame the other half for calling me up drunk at 3am needing a lift home from central London...

I like to avoid such scenarios by keeping myself perpetually just over the limit :beer:

Excellent fun, brilliant to meet you lot. What is the collective noun for a bunch of camera nerds? And how come I lost you all at the bottom of the hill? Ran off and hid? It's going to be bloody weeks before I post any pics - 7 rolls to dev and still scanning 2 from last week. Slowly. Defo up fer the next meet tho.

am trying to scan colour film from the day but can't get settings right on scans...

sorted...

Last edited:
Very good shot Lukas, lovely light.

Andy

Nice shot Lukas, although is does look like I've fallen asleep on my camera :LOL:

I must admit, I did have a wry smile at that .

At least a wry smile is better than the blatant **** taking from others on here :razz:

And how come I lost you all at the bottom of the hill? Ran off and hid?

You just weren't paying attention, it's not like us film users move very quickly.

This is very true ^^ I haven't got home yet.....

Well I thought I might put some up as well. Not quite as good at self-restraint as some others! Mono is XP2 (EDIT: in Pentax MX), colour is expired Reala. (EDIT 100, in Pentax ME)..

1) Cutty Sark

15340007.jpg

2) Watch out there's an axe-man in that group!

15340012.jpg

3) Wherever you look there are people taking pictures of strange things!

15330004.jpg

4) Obelisk, wrought iron, trees, what more could you want?

15330008.jpg

5) Wrapped king

15350005.jpg

6) Going up or coming down?

15330019.jpg

Last edited:
7) Obligatory colonnade pic

15330021.jpg

8) Interesting corner

15330024.jpg

9) Chimneys

15330029.jpg

10) More strange folk I met

15350016.jpg

11) Our fearless leader?

15350020.jpg

12) Nikki and Lukas?

15350023.jpg

Most of the other pub shots show I still can't expose properly with the light behind! A great day that I really enjoyed.

(These came back from Photo Express this morning and I swore to myself I would not look at them until I'd finished working... but failed!)

Last edited:
Excellent set Chris, lovely mix of people and places.

Andy

Some from me later today. Impressive service from Peak, sent them at 15.00 on monday back at 11.00 wednesday.

Chris really good, love the Contre-jour Shot, bet you are the only one to get that, but the best for me is the last #12 Nikki and Lukas, any photographer that can back focus a beautiful woman and go for the man, that is someone I would like to meet.:D:wacky:(y)

Nice shots Chris. And the one with the uncontrollable hair is me. I promise I will dev my films at some point this month, I am nearly done with the backlog from last year!

Chris really good, love the Contre-jour Shot, bet you are the only one to get that, but the best for me is the last #12 Nikki and Lukas, any photographer that can back focus a beautiful woman and go for the man, that is someone I would like to meet.:D:wacky:(y)

It just shows I haven't a clue what I'm doing!

Sorry ^^

Here's a few more sensible ones.

Colonnade, took this one on Sunday. F100 on Acros.

Colonnade by andysnapper1, on Flickr

F100 on Agfa Vista and fiddled around with in PP

Columns-and-light2 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

The same view but on the Mamiya and Portra

Columns-of-light1 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Mamiya and Portra. Slightly annoyed with the corner of the domey thing.

Cutty-Sark1 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Mamiya and Portra. Early doors while you lot were still in bed.

Old-Thames-Side2 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

And one more. F100 on Agfa.

Tourist-Snap by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Cheers

Andy

Looks like it was a good day.

Did anyone go to the Ansel Adams exhibition, and if so...what was it like?

Looks like it was a good day.

Did anyone go to the Ansel Adams exhibition, and if so...what was it like?

It was an excellent day! I know Andysnap and Woodsy went to the Ansell Adams exhibition; the rest of us decided to stay outdoors until the light started to fade, and when we'd got to the exhibition it had sold out for the day!

Andy, Old Thames Side is particularly gorgeous!

Thanks Chris, bonus of being only 10 mins away and getting up early.

The AA exhibition is well worth a visit. I went on Sunday morning with the son and heir and there were only about 10 people there so we could take our time over the images. Some of them are so good that it makes you want to pack it in and take up morris dancing (or some other hobby that hasn't got anyone that good to compare with).

Andy

Last edited:
A few from me, all shot on an F100 with 50mm f/1.8D lens through an orange filter on Kentmere 100, home developed with Ilfosol 3 and lightly tweaked in Lightroom.

1) That building that everyone photographed

Tower Clock Building by Strappster, on Flickr

2) Jim doing important twiddly things

Focusing on Focusing by Strappster, on Flickr

3) Any position, just get the shot!

Bin Stand by Strappster, on Flickr

4) Strange how filmies are attracted to big, heavy old bits of iron ...

Film Attraction by Strappster, on Flickr

5) Everyone was talking pictures of trees and I didn't want to be left out

Tree by Strappster, on Flickr

Andysnap" A Thicket of Togs [URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/andysnapper1/8434974899/ said:
A-Thicket-of-Togs[/URL] by andysnapper1, on Flickr

This is a hilarious shot :D "quick! Before it runs away!"

Also I definitely need to come to the next meet, so poor RaglanSurf isn't the shortest one there anymore ;)

Last edited:
Nicely done Dean, Jim does look like he's concentrating really hard.

Andysnap said:
Nicely done Dean, Jim does look like he's concentrating really hard.

If I had been concentrating really hard my tongue would have been sticking out and my eyes crossed!

Back