Greenwich and Ansel Adams Exhibition Film Meet, 26th Jan 2013

Right, got my tickets booked, get into euston just before 9 :)

Right all you B&W guys, if anyone would like to dive into the realms of colour let me know and I will bring a roll of Konica 35mm for you FOC of course.

Best way is to PM me and I will then be able to bring the correct amount, there is of course a down side you have to post all your results.

Thanks for the offer Richard. I am done with colour film but I am sure someone will want to take you up on your offer!

That,s OK Jim, look forward to meeting you on the day.

But how will we know in what way you will be easily recognized if you don't tell us in what way you are easily recognizable? If I see someone 6' 10" with pink hair will I think its you.....? :D

I'm 5'1'' with pink hair, actually :D

Thats funny, so is Andy :D

Hopefully my dye job will last until then :D Otherwise I'll be small and kind-of-pink-kind-of-blonde...

Just a thought, did this get posted in the 'Meeting Place' section.

We don't want to be accused of elitism do we ;)

Although the last time I posted the Bristol film meet there was no response at all so maybe it's not worth it :LOL:

Just a thought, did this get posted in the 'Meeting Place' section.

We don't want to be accused of elitism do we ;)

Although the last time I posted the Bristol film meet there was no response at all so maybe it's not worth it :LOL:

It did. Thanks for reminding me though, I will go and give that thread a bump!

Can I join you. would love to see some proper film action although I am sad digi-git.

If need to be set up with a film camera, I can do that for you and supply some film as well, let me know.

Richard.

Looks like I will be able to come for this, I'm not in essay/dissertation hell for that weekend! Now, what to bring? I'm thinking a Rollei and my F3 + 20mm for landscapes, but I do want to rep Team Leica. :p

Just out of interest, what time do people plan on heading to the Ansel Adams exhibition? I only ask because Nikki (my gf) and I are heading to The Whisky Exchange to browse and buy some samples. Anyone who wants to come along would be more than welcome. The plan is to head there while people that have not been to the Ansel exhibition are attending this, as per the plan of the meet, and then meet up again shortly after.

Having been to the exhibition before, I recall it taking about an hour to have a good look around, so this is a perfect window to head off for a bit.

Any ideas?

Woodsy said:
Just out of interest, what time do people plan on heading to the Ansel Adams exhibition? I only ask because Nikki (my gf) and I are heading to The Whisky Exchange to browse and buy some samples. Anyone who wants to come along would be more than welcome. The plan is to head there while people that have not been to the Ansel exhibition are attending this, as per the plan of the meet, and then meet up again shortly after.

Having been to the exhibition before, I recall it taking about an hour to have a good look around, so this is a perfect window to head off for a bit.

Any ideas?

Did someone mention whisky?

S*d AA lets all go to the whisky shop......:beer:

Just bring a hip flask (or two)......

I am not going the the exhibition, but I am sure I will be making an exhibition of myself at the The whisky exchange. I am definitely up for that. :)

Looks like we might have a pretty good turnout for this meet. I'm really looking forward to it.

Andy

Do people want to skip the exhibition then? We could always leave it until the end of the day so that people can do their own thing.

No, I still would like to see the AA exhibition. I've got 3 bottles of malt unopened at home, if I buy any more it would be unseemly....

No, I still would like to see the AA exhibition. I've got 3 bottles of malt unopened at home, if I buy any more it would be unseemly....

Drink them then! I drink so little these days it takes me forever to get through a bottle. My latest is even worse in that it is a litre bottle of laphroaig quarter cask.

We will leave the exhibition on the agenda. It is open from 10am to 5pm. When would people prefer to do it?

Probably earlier for me but I suppose its somewhat weather dependant.

Andy

Sorry, yes, I didn't want to infer that I wanted to drop the exhibition from the agenda. The Whisky Exchange is open until 8pm on Saturdays, so really can go any time.

Why don't we do this: When we are all there, let's hash out a very rough plan of times and what people want to do. As the exchange is open late, we can most certainly arrange times such that both the exhibition and the exchange can be visited by anyone that wants to?

Woodsy said:
Sorry, yes, I didn't want to infer that I wanted to drop the exhibition from the agenda. The Whisky Exchange is open until 8pm on Saturdays, so really can go any time.

Why don't we do this: When we are all there, let's hash out a very rough plan of times and what people want to do. As the exchange is open late, we can most certainly arrange times such that both the exhibition and the exchange can be visited by anyone that wants to?

Sounds like a plan.

Yep, sounds good, I'm there all weekend anyway so I can do lots of other stuff whilst you lot have fled back to your 'drums' (I believe this is the cockerney colloquialism for your residence).

Andy

always room for one more, welcome aboard.

Back