- Edit My Images
Hi Tim,Hey Heather,
That's some catch up. Glad you're still with us
That's good (or brave) of you, lending out your laptop for work purposes. I know I wouldn't have (but then I read the terms from my old employer for installing work email on your personal phone - it gave them the permission and ability to format the phone if they so wished... Needless to say, I didn't install it!)
- Winter - My initial thoughts on this were that I would bring the whites up a bit to give it more pop. But on reflection, it's a winter's image, so the subdued tones are more appropriate the way you've presented it.
- Book - Does your other half Cosplay? Young Mr Potter is a reasonably popular character at comic cons. Very nicely laid out, composed and taken
- Fence(d) - Definitely portrays the theme. Whilst it's a muted shot, I'm wondering if lifting the whites would allow the sails to stand out?
- Transport - Feels a little to me like a raw shot that hasn't been tweaked. (But then if you've not had time to sit at your laptop and play, that's understandable). I think this is the weakest of the catch up.
- Flora - Light makes such a difference doesn't it. Love this, with the bright yellows popping against the blue
- Time - Weird how the towers are vertical yet the clock face isn't. Gotta love a bit of Potter. There's even a Dementor. Interesting how it's almost B&W but not quite.
- Snappers - Loads of detail captured there Do you have a flickr account to host these on? As it would be interesting to see the exif data for the settings. I'm guessing wide open of quite a slow shutter speed here?
- Initial - Absolutely understand where you're coming from here as my brother is an ambulance driver though patient transfer rather than paramedic - He's not having to be kept away from family as he doesn't work with "confirmed cases", but their PPE consists of masks and a polythene sheet gaffer taped between the cab and the rest of the ambulance.
All I can say here is keep up the good work, stay safe and stay strong (platitudes I know, but 99% of the general public know what you are doing for us and are grateful (and the 1% protesters are just idiots).
- More Than One - Lovely bit of low key. Very muted and well controlled lighting.
Lighting is fun isn't it I'm sure you'll very quickly become hooked.
- Music - I didn't recognise the lyrics, but once googled, yes I knew the track. I think the image could do with the whites being pushed as the white of the box is leaning towards 18% grey. A quick tweak would give it a bit more impact imo.
Of course, muted might have been exactly what you were aiming for, given the subject, so YMMV.
Thank you for taking the time to write the above, I really appreciate the feeedback, I have literally been up since 04:30 today trying to A) get the photos off my camera. B) work out how to do things in Lightroom and then some in Photoshop. C) then export them so I could upload them on here as the files were too big. I do have a Flickr account and will work out how to upload them on there.
Once again thank you