Hadrons 52 for 21 Week 52 - Showcase (Done and dusted)

It might be a rush job, but the way the light plays on the texture of the ghost gives it something. It seems to glow among the black.

Casper the friendly ghost? I like how the black background makes it pop!

It might be a rush job, but the way the light plays on the texture of the ghost gives it something. It seems to glow among the black.

Fits the theme. (y)

Its on theme and done.. a very cheerful ghost!

That made me smile - thank you!
Thanks everyone, really appreciate it :)

Week 44 - Underneath

I've struggled even more than usual to get out with the camera this week so I think I'm going to have to go with this shot from a couple of weeks ago of someone Underneath Catrigg Force in the Yorkshire dales :)

Underneath by James, on Flickr

Lovely shot with the classic red bit working well!

Excellent shot - the red really jumps out and centres the viewer's focus

Lovely shot but I would either have cropped it above that wayward branch or tried to clone it out. I think it detracts from the top 2/3 of the image which is lovely.

That is a lovely image. I would have probably cropped out the branch in the foreground. I think that would draw the eye even more to the person in red - great colour for the image!

Very nice!

Lovely shot with the classic red bit working well!

Excellent shot - the red really jumps out and centres the viewer's focus

Really like the feel of this capture.

Lovely shot but I would either have cropped it above that wayward branch or tried to clone it out. I think it detracts from the top 2/3 of the image which is lovely.

That is a lovely image. I would have probably cropped out the branch in the foreground. I think that would draw the eye even more to the person in red - great colour for the image!

That's pretty hard to fault.

Lovely dreamy feeling to it, and the red clothing really pops from the green.

Thanks all, I struck lucky with the lass in the red coat, I think she was sat sketching when I arrived. I did debate cropping the branch but I also took a couple of closer shots after the artist(?) left so on this shot I kept it for the sake of variation :)

Week 45......Snappers Choice

The sky looked nice when I took an afternoon walk today so thought it would make a subject for this weeks snappers choice. Not a particularly great shot but hopefully a nice record of a nice walk :)

Snappers Choice by James, on Flickr

Some nice colours in the sky, not seen anything better this year due to the almost 100% cloud coverage so far this year.

Underneath: I actually like the branch in the picture, I think it adds to it. Love the blur with the water.
Snappers: Lovely colours and how nice for the trees to be in height order!

Some nice colours in the sky, not seen anything better this year due to the almost 100% cloud coverage so far this year.

Lovely calm shot made even nicer by the moon

Love the colours and the lines leading through to the tree and moon.

Underneath: I actually like the branch in the picture, I think it adds to it. Love the blur with the water.
Snappers: Lovely colours and how nice for the trees to be in height order!
As ever thanks all for the comments and feedback (y)

Week 46 - Back (of)

A bit of a shoehorn this week as I've been confined to quarters self isolating and looking after my wife and kids with COVID (I avoided it possibly due to having my booster a fortnight earlier). Anyway here it is, leaves on the floor in the back garden.

Back by James, on Flickr

That lighter coloured leaf centrally gives a great focus to the shot - presumably intended!

A nice little shoehorn (y)
BTW your link is broken ....

That lighter coloured leaf centrally gives a great focus to the shot - presumably intended!
Thanks, yes it was intended but I keep looking at it and can’t help think it looks a little over exposed and washed out :)
A nice little shoehorn (y)
BTW your link is broken ....
Thanks and not sure what happened with the link, hopefully it’s sorted now (but then I thought so on my first attempt too :thinking: ) :)

Fits the theme, I will take your word it's winter barley, it looks like weeds to me.

Pete

That stuff gets every where. Well spotted. The green works well against the blue and black.

Pete

That stuff gets every where. Well spotted. The green works well against the blue and black.

Pete

Good spot. I guess it thought it would be safe there!

Wow, a reminder that everything goes back to nature. Well spotted. Nice flash of green amongst the muted colours.
Thanks, appreciate the comments especially given that I really don't deserve them given my hopeless lack of commenting on others threads.

Week 49 - Still life.

I really can't believe we're all the way up to week 49 already, it feels like we've only just started :LOL:
This is my seasonal take on still life, I have actually had to focus stack this in order to get the subject sharp whilst using a wide enough aperture to get the bokeh from the tree lights so i suppose technically I could argue it's a composite. I think that would probably be a shoehorne too far to count as using to complete the technique part of the challenge tough :ROFLMAO:

Still Life by James, on Flickr

Nicely done :)

Very festive still life with the Christmas tree bokeh in the background.

I was in half a mind when I did a focus stack to say it was a composite, but still have it to do.

Back