HDEW CAMERAS anyone used them?

After reading this I think I'm going to grab a 7D tonight for £835 before the price goes up. Fi gets crossed my experience matches the others here :)

I queried the sale price they showed recently and I received a very quick reply back

"No sign at the moment of this price going up by the end of the month.Come back to us when you are ready"

Paul.

So, gonna wait til the end of the month - roll on pay day :LOL:

Di

I queried the sale price they showed recently and I received a very quick reply back

"No sign at the moment of this price going up by the end of the month.Come back to us when you are ready"

Paul.

So, gonna wait til the end of the month - roll on pay day :LOL:

Di

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I thought that you were joking (y) a nice upgrade :woot:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I thought that you were joking (y) a nice upgrade :woot:

No joke Matt, would really like one but now the MuchBeloved :notworthy: has said I just need to save half for the new Mkii 300, I'm stuck as to which to get first. Must admit, nice position to be in :love:

Di

No joke Matt, would really like one but now the MuchBeloved :notworthy: has said I just need to save half for the new Mkii 300, I'm stuck as to which to get first. Must admit, nice position to be in :love:

Di

Personally speaking I would get the camera first as it's going to be the easiest to save for (y) and the addition spec's vs the 40D will expand your shooting options with your existing line up of lens (y) and then get the 300 later one (y) you never know a good copy may come up used before your ready to splash out on new (y)

That said I've hardly been a shining example of purchase restraint this week now have I :LOL: :cautious:

Matt

just wondering if anyone had tried to get cashback on the lenses they had purchased and been successful either on this promotion or an earlier one, if so then I can see me splashing out too.

Mine is due for delivery before 12 am tomorrow, but typically I'm not in so it will be the classic "sorry we missed you card on the door mat" and the inevitable delivery chasing pain that pursues....

Well I've got the beast and it's charging. The box had a dent in the corner which was worrying but everything in side was perfect.

Gave it a quick test before fully charging the battery and everything is fine.

Inside the box it had all the usual bits and bobs, with an additional travel adaptor for the plug, a UK photocopied manual, 3 year extended warranty card and a receipt.

Time to take some pics!!!

Well I've got the beast and it's charging. The box had a dent in the corner which was worrying but everything in side was perfect.

Gave it a quick test before fully charging the battery and everything is fine.

Inside the box it had all the usual bits and bobs, with an additional travel adaptor for the plug, a UK photocopied manual, 3 year extended warranty card and a receipt.

Time to take some pics!!!

That's weird, I had the normal 3-pin UK charger, and full manuals. The only thing I disliked was the extended warranty card, had a hotmail email address and PO Box.

That's weird, I had the normal 3-pin UK charger, and full manuals. The only thing I disliked was the extended warranty card, had a hotmail email address and PO Box.

Have you done a google search on the supplier of the extended warranty?

Had a stroke of luck with last months mortgage payment being credited back to the account so have gone for the 7d that they still have showing on offer.

Ordered late lunchtime with email back already saying payment processed and ready for dispatch with which can take between 1 - 4 days.

Hope the outcome is a good one.

Di

That was my concern.

I also had to laugh at the insert for XtendCover. Hopefully I won't have to find out whether the extended warranty is worth the paper it's printed on, but it's at least as good as nothing. Assuming HDEW Cameras are still around, if the warranty wasn't issued, my next port of call would be with them as the supplier (as has been recommended). Having paid via credit card, I *believe* (though am not 100% sure - perhaps someone can clarify?), that you can still file with the card issuer if the supplier had gone under for whatever reason as well.

Had a stroke of luck with last months mortgage payment being credited back to the account so have gone for the 7d that they still have showing on offer.

Ordered late lunchtime with email back already saying payment processed and ready for dispatch with which can take between 1 - 4 days.

Hope the outcome is a good one.

Di

Camera arrived today and as on time as they had originally stated. My only one niggle was the silly folks at the UK side of arrivals put the wrong slip on the box which meant UPS wanted a delivery charge. A quick phone call directly to Hdew and it was refunded with an email of apology by the time I'd walked back to my desk from our reception.

Now looking forward to getting out and about with it.

Di

Camera arrived today and as on time as they had originally stated. My only one niggle was the silly folks at the UK side of arrivals put the wrong slip on the box which meant UPS wanted a delivery charge. A quick phone call directly to Hdew and it was refunded with an email of apology by the time I'd walked back to my desk from our reception.

Di

Does it provide contact details/website for warranty?

I am seriously considering these guys for a Canon 100-400mm L.
I mailed them asking if it included the tripod collar as its not mentioned in the 'In the Box' description, and got a prompt reply basically saying 'we don't know we just copied whats printed on the box'.
Has anyone ever heard of Canon selling a lens that's supposed to have a tripod collar without one, even if its a grey H.K import?
Its a toss up between hdew and Panamoz atm, but i read on here somewhere that Panamoz had been struck off Companies House records this year for some reason which doesn't sound good.

I mailed them asking if it included the tripod collar as its not mentioned in the 'In the Box' description, and got a prompt reply basically saying 'we don't know we just copied whats printed on the box'.
Has anyone ever heard of Canon selling a lens that's supposed to have a tripod collar without one, even if its a grey H.K import?
Its a toss up between hdew and Panamoz atm, but i read on here somewhere that Panamoz had been struck off Companies House records this year for some reason which doesn't sound good.

DSR, if it doesn't have the collar, send it back for a full refund within 7 days and pay by credit card.

Does it provide contact details/website for warranty?

Hi Paul

I'll check when I get home as I need to register the camera with Canon today. Yesterday was a total blur :bang: :bang: :annoyed: work wise so didn't do anything with paperwork.

Looks a great piece of kit and with everyone telling my how good it is, roll on the weekend is all I can say :LOL:

Di

Hi Paul

I'll check when I get home as I need to register the camera with Canon today. Yesterday was a total blur :bang: :bang: :annoyed: work wise so didn't do anything with paperwork.

Looks a great piece of kit and with everyone telling my how good it is, roll on the weekend is all I can say :LOL:

Di

Thanks Di.

I've been very tempted on buying from them, this is my only concern.

(enjoy your new 7d! :) )

I can tell you that my 5d iii came from them v quickly albeit in a kit box with the kit lens removed, inside was the 3 year warranty card already preregistered with the warranty co, overall v pleased, did what they said on the tin ;)

Warranty pre registered with own unique service contract number so don't have to do anything. The front of the card shows:

3 year service contact valid for 3 years from the date of purchase
No registration required - your details are already registered with us
As this contract is only valid when produced with proof of purchase, please ensure you retain them both together
If your product develops a fault, simply follow the instructions overleaf
Valid worldwide

Hopefully I won't have to make any claims for faults but do feel that I'd be able to make a claim should I have too.

I only looked at the 7d and the Mkii 300 f2.8 but I'm sure they'll have some other good offers on the site.

Di

Warranty pre registered with own unique service contract number so don't have to do anything. The front of the card shows:

3 year service contact valid for 3 years from the date of purchase
No registration required - your details are already registered with us
As this contract is only valid when produced with proof of purchase, please ensure you retain them both together
If your product develops a fault, simply follow the instructions overleaf
Valid worldwide

Hopefully I won't have to make any claims for faults but do feel that I'd be able to make a claim should I have too.

I only looked at the 7d and the Mkii 300 f2.8 but I'm sure they'll have some other good offers on the site.

Di

Di,

Thanks for the info. That's helpful.

Enjoy the camera, look forward to seeing some of your work with it.

Paul.

I can tell you that my 5d iii came from them v quickly albeit in a kit box with the kit lens removed, inside was the 3 year warranty card already preregistered with the warranty co, overall v pleased, did what they said on the tin ;)

Thanks for your info, has reassured me somewhat.

Di

When did you get an email about delivery and how quick was it after that, the reason the reason i ask is that, I ordered mine Monday lunchtime 23rd and this morning it's still marked as "Paid...processing" Its the 7D as well how you finding it ?

Lee

When did you get an email about delivery and how quick was it after that, the reason the reason i ask is that, I ordered mine Monday lunchtime 23rd and this morning it's still marked as "Paid...processing" Its the 7D as well how you finding it ?

Lee

Hi Lee

Ordered mine lunchtime on Friday 20th with Paid - now processing email an hour or so later. Next email was on Monday 23rd saying it had been Despatched with a tracking number. Camera then arrived at my works address mid morning on Wednesday 25th.

Due to work being the worst I've known it since 1995 then the weather, I've not had a chance to get out with it. I've a trip down to Dorset area on Sunday so hoping to fire some shots off then :clap:

Di

I ordered a lens on Friday 20 April and it was delivered on Tuesday 24 April. Very pleased with service and the lens.

Hi Lee

Ordered mine lunchtime on Friday 20th with Paid - now processing email an hour or so later. Next email was on Monday 23rd saying it had been Despatched with a tracking number. Camera then arrived at my works address mid morning on Wednesday 25th.

Due to work being the worst I've known it since 1995 then the weather, I've not had a chance to get out with it. I've a trip down to Dorset area on Sunday so hoping to fire some shots off then :clap:

Di

Thanks Di

I sent them a mail this morning asking for an update as to when it will be dispatched, got a reply lunchtime saying it will be sent this afternoon so Monday delivery hopefully.

Cheers

Lee

Got back from Hong Kong last week - just a FYI, the prices on HDEW are nearly identical to those you will find in Fortress and Broadway (the high street camera shops). Therefore considering the 3 year warranty, I would just go direct to HDEW, in fact, I skipped buying a new body over there because of the warranty issues.

I bought a Canon 100-400 L from HDEW last December and the tripod collar was supplied.

The lens hood was cracked, but a new replacement was provided and they were trusting enough not to want the faulty one returned to them.

Delivery was prompt and the price was competitive - can't ask for more than that.

Chris

Cheers Foxbat Flyer, I think I will place an order this evening....

postcardcv said:
Can anyone who has bought from them confirm if they supply a VAT receipt (with company details and VAT number)? I did email them to ask about this but never received a reply.

They do but you must tequest it at time of order.
Hth.

They do but you must tequest it at time of order.
Hth.

This is correct. Although having requested this, it seems it was missed out when the order was shipped. A quick e-mail to HDEW though and they e-mailed a VAT receipt straight back to me.

Hope this helps anyone else out who was wondering whether or not to go with them - so far so good!

Bought my Canon 5d2 and EF 24 –70 f2.8L lens from HDEW a couple of weeks ago. Very pleased with their service and price. Yes they are grey imports, but what does that mean? It means that the equipment was bought legitimately by a company that is not an authorized Canon dealer (The stock is offered to unauthorized dealers by the manufacturer when there is a surplus, ie when authorized dealers do not buy up all the stock that is being offered by the manufacturer).
It may or may not be specifically intended for this region, it may be intended for the USA or Asian markets.
The equipment is in perfect working order and has a three year warranty not just the usual 1 year. I was told by HDEW that I would not be able to register with Canon, but Canon said I could, so I have.
What you need to watch out for is whether or not the company you are buying from is registered and selling from the uk, which HDEW are. If not, you may be liable to pay 20% VAT on top and also an import charge, so you might end up worse off.
I would highly recommend HDEW.

Back