weekly inView’s ( aka Scott) 52 thread 2022 week 45 Snappers Choice

What a great set of images Scott. I think my favourites are #2 and #4 of the bridge (aqueduct?) and your head-on shot of the peloton.
Many thanks, couldn’t quite get what I wanted from the viaduct and never really said solid enough ….. I know I’m weird lol. loved the peloton shot with exception of the damned TV bike.
Really liked the "P for Peloton", absolutely captured the moment.

For me, the iron would be the choice for solid, great textures to work with.
Was defo leaning towards the Iron ring for solid, loved the textures too. Many thanks for the
Nice sets Scott. I like the Peloton shots particularly.
Thanks Simon
There's some lovely pictures here Scott. Very well done you :D
Appreciate the comment.

Once again I’m grounded, I was up to date and now I bloody well have covid (again) so may well be lagging behind again……. I should be used to it by now really lol.

Solid - nicely captured (1st shot - not sure which one you chose as came from main thread for 'P'). I really like the head on peloton shot. Feel so sorry for them in the rain,.... and those little narrow tyres!
I quite like the symmetry of the last 'half' shot.

Well done on catching up!

Another catch up week for me

Post, saw this abandoned post on the way to take a water shot that I couldn’t really get but the post, I think worked out well. First time trying to process in iPad only so if it’s OTT let me know. Was gutted I couldn’t get an angle to a nearby thistle as I can imagine a more Scottish pic then lol

52241182916_25e3b7d217_k.jpg

Water, first idea didn’t like and considering we live on an island and I have a beach nearby my work I couldn’t think of a pic ……. Such a dullard at times, ended up on this that I kinda liked.

52241192648_4779fbf856_k.jpg

Handle, I was so gonna do fork handle/four candles but everyone was thinking it I’m sure, came across this abandoned handle that looks a tad out of use on a walk.

52241672465_2d29037260_k.jpg

good to be back

Wow, how far back am I..........

Week 30 Dusty

I was struggled with this, and frankly still am but did a quick pic to move things on a tad, I had hoped to have a dusty pic of a MTB trail or similar but EVERY time I was shooting I had no dust only soaked mud ( if I even made it after a few technical issues with cars etc..... long and boring story)
Into the shed we go and, was trying to have my defused light and shoot some dust. I could do one but not both. Not the greatest but it gets me back moving again.

52316752278_db44e5cd00_h.jpg

Next up will be food

Week 31 Food

Again planned to take a pic of one of my home made pizza's......... but damned too tasty to wait so instead a lunch we had on a walk around Edinburgh. Please note no animals were harmed in this, Im veggie ;)

52316448626_c8adb615d7_h.jpg

And on we go, internal this week for week 32.
Another walk around Edinburgh and on this day I went into a church I have walked past on hundred of occasions, not a religious person at all so churches aren't my bag but on this day we went on in, may have something to do with meeting Scott Kelby & Eric Kuna on our World Photo walk lol. I had decided to shoot light and dark mainly on this day but this church was a stunner. Its hand held and slightly askew but what a place. I will be back no doubt.

52315690042_457a735b22_h.jpg

Week 33 and square........ inc technique dappled light
the most famous square I can think of was of course this, please note I can have have solved this but on this occasion I completed just the top for your view pleasure ....... you do believe me don't you ;)

Even done a square crop for good measure

52316488386_bc8bd876e5_h.jpg

Great images Scott showing a range of techniques, processing and subject matters. My favourites are the post and the handle (with the food as a close runner up :) )

Great images Scott showing a range of techniques, processing and subject matters. My favourites are the post and the handle (with the food as a close runner up :) )
Far too kind as always, Irony is I think all my pics and processing is all too similar, too safe and saturated. My composition is a bit meh too…….. I would say stuck in a rut but that makes it sound I was once good haha. All the gear and no idea is more realistic at the moment ;)

Right, I’m a week behind (as always) so I may finally catch up ………. place your bets folks haha

Far too kind as always, Irony is I think all my pics and processing is all too similar, too safe and saturated. My composition is a bit meh too…….. I would say stuck in a rut but that makes it sound I was once good haha. All the gear and no idea is more realistic at the moment ;)

Right, I’m a week behind (as always) so I may finally catch up ………. place your bets folks haha
Too funny, I get that way myself sometimes, to critical of my own work with hints of "imposter syndrome" creeping in...

I just have to give myself a good shake and realize that I only do this because it makes me happy... :D

Too funny, I get that way myself sometimes, to critical of my own work with hints of "imposter syndrome" creeping in...

I just have to give myself a good shake and realize that I only do this because it makes me happy... :D
Don’t get me wrong I love shooting but I love giving myself a good kicking too :)
To be fair wandering around with 2 Z9s I get a fair kicking from other photographers anyway lol

Food, Internal, Square
A nice set ion images Scott. I my favourites the food and Rubik's cube

Week 34 Small

Was genuinely gonna do a self portrait as Im wee, would have done a macro shot but don't have a macro lens so decided to keep it photography themed.
Small aperture shot on a large aperture...... I just can't help myself.

52347203376_ad2c7d23be_h.jpg

52347203846_f1f6f6fae3_h.jpg

Went with 2nd pic as was frankly a bit more interesting even with the dust all over the lens .........

Anyhoo onto the next we go

Week 35 Snappers Choice with Theme Shadows

Easier one this, took this as loved the shadow and light down at the Parliament building in Edinburgh

52347450013_be02fe5e41_h.jpg

Nice shots that fit the themes perfectly. Good light on the shadows shot.

Nice shapes and shadows, really fits the bill.

Small: great idea Scott and well executed
Snapper's: I like the clean, dark and light, geometric shapes at the top of the image, I might have cropped out the textured wall below it though.

Week 36 Scape

OMG how far back am I and I must confess I am going to use some pics that were taken out of order, wife been in hospital ( again ) for a few weeks so photography not been too high on the agenda, with exception of my standard cycling photography I do .
Anyhoo apologies out the way onto the pics we go

So I did try a city scape of 3 and hated the lot of them and to be fair still not sold on the sea scape I took but Im so far behind now and this was a pic I deliberately went away to take.

52432358013_5445c42997_k.jpg

Few more in coming

Week 37 Looking Up

Again I tried a few and to be fair this may have worked better for looking down but I really liked this and I did have to look up to see it

Taken in Glasgow and took a few frames to get the person almost being pinched. Coolest mural I have seen for some time

52431338992_a630bb96c8_k.jpg

Week 38 Electrical

Always wanted to take this shot and tried to do it 4 times and every time the weather was atrocious, including this shot. I had went up to take the shot, the heavens opened and I took a few shots, headed back to the car and the weather cleared enough for me to run back and take this. I did take a landscape of it but there was rain on the lens that ruined it so this is the one.
I maybe did a bit of work on the sky but mostly it did look like this

52431339437_b852dbd6a2_k.jpg

Week 39 Depict a song

OK went back and forward with this one, first thoughts were Im close by the forth road bridge so was gonna be "bridge over troubled water", again time and weather played against me so was gonna shoehorn a queen song " we are the champions" od "bicycle race" from the cycling stuff I do but I remembered I run across this on the same day I took another pic so Im throwing in " dancing in the streets" by Bowie and Jagger

52431339087_9b4351bb48_k.jpg

Week 40 Looking Down

I will admit I took this the same day as the above pic but as I have said previously photography has not really been top on the priority list.

52432358373_8caa8dc2a7_k.jpg

So I'm only 1 week behind now, I was planning on getting rustic done today but ......... well gonna leave that here.

Many thanks one and all

Nice catch-up Scott :)

Dancing in the Street - well timed shot. Have you seen the footage of Bowie and Jagger doing that where someone has overdubbed the sound - worth a look :) Just had to find it...

View: https://youtu.be/BHkhIjG0DKc

I think Looking Up might also be Looking Down ha ha but they are both worth sharing. I really like the plan view.

Electrical - great idea for the shot and that sky does look amazing. It wasn't a swap was it? ;)

Well done on catching up and sticking with it.

Dancing in the Street - well timed shot. Have you seen the footage of Bowie and Jagger doing that where someone has overdubbed the sound - worth a look :) Just had to find it...

View: https://youtu.be/BHkhIjG0DKc

I think Looking Up might also be Looking Down ha ha but they are both worth sharing. I really like the plan view.

Electrical - great idea for the shot and that sky does look amazing. It wasn't a swap was it? ;)

Well done on catching up and sticking with it.
I’m unfortunately old enogh to remember this terrible song and video but that is class lol

yeh the looking up does kinda work for looking down but I was looking up ;) and unless you looked up the street you would miss it lol

No swap, I actually wouldn’t know how to…… liberal amount of Lightroom editing though

A great series of shots Scott.
Love the seascape too bad the top of the pole was cut off.
A really fun street shot for your looking up submission, perfectly timed
The electrical shot is fantastic with such great colours in the sky and the foliage
Dancing in the Streets by Bowie and Jagger was a favourite back in the day.
Really like your POV for the looking down shot

Just for a change...... its catch up time lol and still not done this weeks ........ no big surprise for me now a days. Watch out for a few massive shoe horns upcoming

Week 41 Rustic

Genuinely couldn't find anything that screamed rustic, now considering I have been all over Scotland recently its hard to believe this so it ended up being my standard home made bread. Not even my best bread either so ho hum.

52517071592_f3ea205789_k.jpg

Last edited:
Week 42 Precision

Nothing says precision more than a circuit board..... didn't have one but had an old broke Hard drive lying around, bare flash across the board and well done and dusted. Its times like these I fancy having a macro lens but I would do it no justice.

52518025015_bac10f2423_k.jpg

Week 43 Vehicle ( aka shoehorn)

Well what do you expect from a cycling photographer ........ a bicycle, its a vehicle and this is the dev team Im shooting for.
Nice and easy pan shot, not too low shutter 125th IIRC just to get some motion on this particular vehicle on his way to a win.

52517820079_05c675c498_k.jpg

Week 44 Autumnal

Left it too late to get a proper shot of Autumn leaves, I was shooting cycling events and ensuring I was shooting the lovely autumn colours in the background and I did consider shoehorning another cycling shot in but instead I meandered down to a local park on a day off and took a few shots of leaves clinging on for dear life lol

52517070797_e43a53720a_k.jpg

52517070707_76ce1ad39d_k.jpg

went for the first shot in, loved the pop of the leaves in this one, although there is a few distracting elements in it.

Week 45 Snappers Choice and Technique Leading lines (aka Shoehorn 2)

Yup another cycling shot, again a few distracting elements in this one too but loved the light in the background. Had you seen the weather on the day to get this shot was a minor miracle, you couldn't see 2 feet in front of you at the early races and about 20 mins after this it reverted back to fog too.

52518095358_446c58b9f8_h.jpg

Last edited:
Back