Is it the 12 inches in front of, or behind the camera - challenge idea

That week might be awkward.. but I like the idea..

.. and I have a very well-cooked and very out-of-date disposable camera sitting in the glove box, some wag at Renault must have thought it was a great idea to put one in the accident kit way back in 2004 when the car left the factory. You can't get more disposable that that.. and where it lives means there's more chance I'll use it during the week, even if it means getting a usable end result is a little less likely!

I'm up for this too. My results with a disposable aren't going to be any worse than the results I get with my other film cameras :LOL:

That week might be awkward.. but I like the idea..

.. and I have a very well-cooked and very out-of-date disposable camera sitting in the glove box, some wag at Renault must have thought it was a great idea to put one in the accident kit way back in 2004 when the car left the factory. You can't get more disposable that that.. and where it lives means there's more chance I'll use it during the week, even if it means getting a usable end result is a little less likely!

:LOL: For what its worth, renaults are the household bread & butter here and beleive me, they have had far more insane ideas than putting a throw away camera in the glovebox in case you need evidence photos if involved in an accident, which I actually think is quite sensible... or was then, before nearly every mobile phone boasted a far more capable picture rendering device :naughty:

However, I shall add you to the list as a possible Alastair :D

I'm in. Sounds like fun

With these entrants so far, will there be separate Staff Room and Non-Mod categories? :LOL:

so this 12" behind the camera - was that height ? (yv) :exit:

I could make a very impropper remark - but i think i'll keep it to myself ;)

has anyone else read "the carpet people" :LOL: :coat:

Go on then, I've got an old disposable somewhere (the wife says that I'm the old disposable), count me in.

Andy

Yep. I'm in.

Since it's a film challenge it would be churlish not to join in, and I can use it as one of my 52 (y)

Please add me to your list, this could be most interesting. :)

PS. Just had a rummage through the stock boxes and found an old no brand disposable made in China with a development date of June 2004, so that,s me sorted. :)

Last edited:
PS. Just had a rummage through the stock boxes and found an old no brand disposable made in China with a development date of June 2004, so that,s me sorted. :)

Yep, that's us filmies, no challenge is so difficult that we can't find away to make it more so....:LOL:

Andy

We need another one of these just for mobile phones then. I'd have to buy the disposable, pay for developing, find a way to scan the film image (as we can't use digital cameras), so for that reason I'm out

We need another one of these just for mobile phones then. I'd have to buy the disposable, pay for developing, find a way to scan the film image (as we can't use digital cameras), so for that reason I'm out

Miserable git, I will buy you a disposable and send it to you, I will pay for the developing and scanning to disc and return it to you, all you need to do is pay for postage to send the camera back to me when you have taken your shots.

Now are you IN. (y);):D

Go on then, I've got an old disposable somewhere (the wife says that I'm the old disposable), count me in.

Andy

Yep. I'm in.

Since it's a film challenge it would be churlish not to join in, and I can use it as one of my 52 (y)

Please add me to your list, this could be most interesting. :)

All added, thanks guys (y)

I'm in!

Can we use black and white disposable film cameras?

Seen as the rest of the F&C bunch are in here I suppose I had better join in! Going to get myself one of those nice ilford ones I think.

As an aside, if anyone else in the area wants help with either B&W dev or scanning I am happy to help.

Seen as the rest of the F&C bunch are in here I suppose I had better join in! Going to get myself one of those nice ilford ones I think.

As an aside, if anyone else in the area wants help with either B&W dev or scanning I am happy to help.

Thats a lovely offer Menthel, thanks and adding your name now (y)

I'm sure in some junk drawer or another I have one of these :) It was a free gift with something or another and lord knows how old it is :LOL: If I can find it I'm in :)

Top man (y)

I'm in - going to head in to town at lunch and see what cheapies I can pick up.

Main question now is whether to go for stand development in Rodinal irrespective of the film.

Shame i couldn't use my Ilford Sprite 35 as it's one shutter speed, 3 apertures and a single element lens and made of plastic pretty much like a disposable camera.
Count me in for the challenge, might pick up one of these as i've always preferred Kodak's colour negative films.

I'm in - going to head in to town at lunch and see what cheapies I can pick up.

Main question now is whether to go for stand development in Rodinal irrespective of the film.

Shame i couldn't use my Ilford Sprite 35 as it's one shutter speed, 3 apertures and a single element lens and made of plastic pretty much like a disposable camera.
Count me in for the challenge, might pick up one of these as i've always preferred Kodak's colour negative films.

Both added to list! (y)

Added my name, although I'll need nudging the week before!

Gonna be in the French Alps on those dates, so will definitely take part! Count me in :D

Let's see what the landscape possibilities of a disposable are for harsh (hopefully sunny) snowy conditions...

Back