Is it the 12 inches in front of, or behind the camera - challenge idea

Looking forward to starting this now :) Bought a few different ones and i reckon I'll go for the Fuji one!

I decided I'd take it in the spirit, and go for the cheapest Boots Special (BOGOF too). That way I've got something to blame when the pics don't work...:nuts:

Having looked at my rota and the weather forecast, I reckon I'll have Sunday possibly not being a washout, and then back on day shifts for the rest of the week, just to add a little bit more of a challenge for me hehe

camera purchased.

8059620940_a9b55e5221_n.jpg

I have been laid up today with some sort of bug so I asked my wife to collect a disposable for me so I am prepared for kick off tomorrow.

I gave strict instructions to ask the shop assistant for a disposable camera with High Speed Infrared Ektachrome film in it and if they were out of stock of those she should get one loaded with Fuji Velvia instead.

Unfortunatly the shop assistant, after much stock checking and consulation with the manager, informed my wife that they were currently out of stock of those cameras but the ones they had in stock are basically the same.

Well, armed with that knowledge, I can't go wrong with my Pro Image Flash Camera:LOL:

It is clearly is a top end disposable.

Roll on Sunday:)

Last edited:
Been out at shot the through the film aaannd there is a lovely sunset forming with some underlight clouds. Not going back out though!

I got a rolliei panorama single use so i took it out today and it broke quarter way through! It stopped winding on at least the ones I've taken are safe... My four year old son got loads though!!

Well I have my Fuji one time use camera, straight from the shelves of Asda....£3.60 :D
I have one shot in mind....could do with another 26 now :p

Marcel said:
Well I have my Fuji one time use camera, straight from the shelves of Asda....£3.60 :D
I have one shot in mind....could do with another 26 now :p

I was robbed. Asda charged me £4

Today is the day! Going down to the beach while the weather is playing ball!

Camera bought....used 10 exposures while out with family. Jackie kept laughing at me when I forgot it was a disposable and looked at the LCD :)

Cheers all and good luck!!

Camera bought....used 10 exposures while out with family. Jackie kept laughing at me when I forgot it was a disposable and looked at the LCD :)

I tried mine today, too - really weird getting no feedback about the shot :eek:

Jenny

I tried mine today, too - really weird getting no feedback about the shot :eek:

Jenny

SHUSH you two, you will have the filmies in hysterics! :LOL:

That's staff discount for you. ;)

Popped into Asda this morning and went for the even cheaper option for £3

IMG_0080.jpg

I paid £7 from Asda for my Fuji ..... Including developing as well.... Now where is the manual setting on this......

Well I picked mine up today, been a little greedy and brought 2x fujifilm 400 and 2x Kodak 200 I thought it would be interesting to see the differences, now I need to get out and use them and find somewhere to get them developed :eek:

posiview said:

I know. Where do you plug in the USB cable? :D

I'm off abroad in the morning till Sunday, so if I can find the kit I may have ago at this.

Called Max Spielmann and they will transfer from disposable camera to CD. Forgot to ask how much :bonk: but I'll be going down that line as no idea where to get them scanned :thinking:

Cheers and I took a few more in the White Rose Center Leeds and quite enjoyed it.

Cheers.

OK this challenge has got me in deep water with the wife unless I get some help.

Off work with an illness of some sort so cannot get out so thought I would create some pics in the house, so had an idea and needed one of the lovely black napkins the wife loves so much, but it was all creased to so got the iron out and not thinking just started to iron it flat till it stuck then just burned through the napkin, now OK napkins can be bought after my butt has been kicked but the biggest problem is this.

How the hel;l do i get the burnt on solid bits of napkin off the iron with out damaging it?????

Please help my life depends on it, and more importantly if you want t see the pics help me out lol.

Finished my first Boots disposable. I think I must have got 30 shots rather than 27, but goodness knows how many will come out. It was odd not having a rewind lever, but I guess 120 shooters will be familar with that!

Apparently Photo Express does disposables, same price as 35mm film. Process and scan £4.50 peach plus 50p per order postage. Discount 50p per film for TP members, but you need at least 2 as minimum order is £5.

I got mine back but since it was disqualified I may have to use the other one. :D

Must remember to make sure my thumbs are not covering the lens also they don't appear to be all that well parallax corrected.

AARRGGHH!!!!! ... taken four shots this morning... still looking at the back of the camera for the image!!! Damn these things!!

After the first two i started taking shots shooting from the hip whilst driving, so totally aimlessly.... this is going to be a lot more difficult mentally than i thought :wacky: ... its moreso the ... emptiness of the camera..its lightweight... too light... no control over anything... when its safe i'm going to hang it out the window and get some moving shots and see its potential... :puke: .. maybe!

Back