Is this the reason I can't find Agfa 200 at my local Poundland?

@gramps Had the same problem as you. It would only let me order one roll and when I found out that it was going to cost £5.00 for postage, I cancelled the order.

h'mm if you can't buy quantity then £5 del for one is a No No...thinking, why don't they have a system where you can order then pick up free at the shop, some others can do it.

Last edited:
The Sutton in Surrey branch had lots last weekend. I have around 30 rolls in the fridge so should be OK for a while.

Looking at the petition, the comment from Poundland says they are looking for an alternative product. One they can bang out for a £ in other words :)

Wonder what they will find? IIRC they used to sell Kodak Colourplus 200 before switching to Vista but I remember reading not very flattering reviews of it. Could they go back to that? Ferrania might be an option one day if they were cheap enough? Wonder if a tie up with Poundland would do Ferrania a world of good. Likely give them volume that they wouldn't get otherwise?

I assume online is limited as otherwise you'd get selfish prats ordering all of it and putting it on ebay for £3 a roll.

I'm spent up as I've just bought a load of Tri-X as lomography shop were doing it at £4 a roll and it was back in stock.

If only Poundland did tri-X for a £1 a roll...

A friend got 13 rolls of Vista at the Bath Poundland today. Cleared the shelves I am down to 4 rolls. Nice to have for non- b/w days.

If Poundland could find a basic replacement that will encourage people to try film, perhaps for the first time, it could help re-establish the medium in the mainstream market. More friends are giving it a go.

Steve

I assume online is limited as otherwise you'd get selfish prats ordering all of it and putting it on ebay for £3 a roll.

...and if you are in a town where a seller lives they have probably cleared out their local Poundland. :(

deux 10 bobs...:D

another thing about pound shop film that makes my bum itch, I imagine a 24 exp c41 costs the same to process as a 36.....huh ??

and another thing, this has just reminded me of a roll of film that came with my charity shop mju2.......12 flippin exposures, wthell good is that, 24 is crap enough, who's gonna pay processing on a 12 frame roll of the cheapest film on Earth

and another thing, that mju2 has been having a shoot off with an mju1 and Brians XA, just souped the results last weekend, its top secret currently but I'd been suicidal if I'd paid processing on em, I don't think I have enough decent material to post a worthwhile shootout thread...:(

damit

The last lot of Poundland Agfa Vista 200 I got was 24 exposures, and I bought that in about May last year, so I'm not sure when they last had 36 exp rolls for £1?. However, this is somewhat academic for me, as (in some people's eyes I'm going to commit heresy now, but I have to be honest) I didn't like the stuff! I found it too grainy and didn't like the look of it, but found it useful for testing newly bought old 35mm cameras with, so I hope they keep selling it for that reason, and for the sake of those people who get on with it OK and enjoy using it. (y)

The last lot of Poundland Agfa Vista 200 I got was 24 exposures, and I bought that in about May last year, so I'm not sure when they last had 36 exp rolls for £1?. However, this is somewhat academic for me, as (in some people's eyes I'm going to commit heresy now, but I have to be honest) I didn't like the stuff! I found it too grainy and didn't like the look of it, but found it useful for testing newly bought old 35mm cameras with, so I hope they keep selling it for that reason, and for the sake of those people who get on with it OK and enjoy using it. (y)

I tend to use it for testing but also I do think that it converts very nicely to black and white.

The-Girl-in-the-Crowd-b&w by Andy, on Flickr

Have they thought of renaming poundland to onepoundtwentyfive so they can continue selling cheap film? ;):welcome:

... I didn't like the stuff! I found it too grainy and didn't like the look of it, but found it useful for testing newly bought old 35mm cameras with, so I hope they keep selling it for that reason, and for the sake of those people who get on with it OK and enjoy using it. (y)

I'm with you on this, my dislike of Vista is well documented on this forum but it is useful for testing cameras so I hope they continue to stock it.

Still plenty in my local Poundland if anybody wants to pay the postage.

If you can find 36 shot Vista for less than £3.50, it'll cost you less than Poundland's 24-shot, assuming a process and scan cost of £5 per film like Filmdev. Personally I prefer Vista 400, which I buy in 10-packs. Last lot from AG cost me £34.90...

Last edited:
I imagine a 24 exp c41 costs the same to process as a 36.....huh ??

I've often thought this as well. If you buy a 24 exp roll for £1 and pay £8 for dev + scan, it's cost 37.5p per image. If you buy something like Ektar at £5.85/roll for 36 exp, it's cost you 38.5p per image... Pretty much the same price and you get Ektar instead of Vista.

If you can find 36 shot Vista for less than £3.50, it'll cost you less than Poundland's 24-shot, assuming a process and scan cost of £5 per film like Filmdev. Personally I prefer Vista 400, which I buy in 10-packs. Last lot from AG cost me £34.90...

It has been mentioned that Vista 400 is superia 400, can you check the code no on the cassette and use https://dexter.pcode.nl/?dx= to see what comes up?

I've often thought this as well. If you buy a 24 exp roll for £1 and pay £8 for dev + scan, it's cost 37.5p per image. If you buy something like Ektar at £5.85/roll for 36 exp, it's cost you 38.5p per image... Pretty much the same price and you get Ektar instead of Vista.

Vista 24 exp done at Asda cost me 19p a frame (all in)...

I'm going to be using it to shoot at night, pushed to 800 and souped as black and white. Because why not, eh - it's only £1 a roll and I already have all the chems!

I'm going to be using it to shoot at night, pushed to 800 and souped as black and white. Because why not, eh - it's only £1 a roll and I already have all the chems!

It'll push to 1600 without any bother if you need an extra stop ......Tried and tested ....By me!!:D

I find that if I let the lab scan at their standard quality, the image can be fairly rough (but not grain on colour film) but if I rescan at home to high resolution, the images are much better. The roughness with the commercial scans is clearly down to scanner artifacts.

I actually prefer it at 1600, unless you've PP'd the noise/'grain' out of it?

I actually prefer it at 1600, unless you've PP'd the noise/'grain' out of it?

Iirc, I adjusted slightly the colour balance ( to rid excess red from temperature fluctuation whilst developing) and probably sharpenened a tad ......not even sure if I did that much tbh as most of them have dust etc on them so they haven't had much done to them.

Tbh both the b&w and colour were nothing more than experiments to see how far Vista 200 coud be pushed.

i did go upto 3200 and 6400 ......the latter was a non starter, but there were some "salvagable" results at 3200 which when you consider that was a 4 stop push, was quite impresive and all for a quid!

@Asha thanks for the examples - they look very serviceable at 1600, and definitely the kind of feel I'm going for! How did you determine dev times? I was planning to develop in T-Max developer (as I have lots of it left), but if you think it's worth getting some Rodinol instead and stand developing, I'll do that...?

@Asha thanks for the examples - they look very serviceable at 1600, and definitely the kind of feel I'm going for! How did you determine dev times? I was planning to develop in T-Max developer (as I have lots of it left), but if you think it's worth getting some Rodinol instead and stand developing, I'll do that...?

I've done semi stand developing of both b&w and colour films in different developers and the results have always been fine ......lack of contrast with the cross processed films but that is the norm.

I wouldn't purposely go purchase rodinal......although I've never used t max developer, I can see no reason as to why it won't offer similar results with semi stand than any other b&w developer.....simply make the 1:100 solution, agitate for about 30 seconds to start with, then again at half hour or so.

Similarly the timimg doesn't have to be exact o somewhere near an hour and the temp somewhere near 20 C but if it's a few degrees les then no prob, just extend the time by 10 or 15 mins.

Tbh semi stand is practically idiot proof ....hence why it works for me lol

Back