Isolation: Any Gamers? Even Old Ones?

Well it's a good thing I don't pay too much attention to reviews.. LOVING Cyberpunk.

Yes, there are bugs but it's visually stunning, feels vast and plays remarkably well on my RX 590.

Now, if only I could drive......

Well it's a good thing I don't pay too much attention to reviews.. LOVING Cyberpunk.

Yes, there are bugs but it's visually stunning, feels vast and plays remarkably well on my RX 590.

Now, if only I could drive......

Forget cars, bikes are much better in the game. I am up to 100hrs now and still loving the city. It’s like visiting a city like Hong Kong. I kept looking up when walking or driving around just to see.

Forget cars, bikes are much better in the game. I am up to 100hrs now and still loving the city. It’s like visiting a city like Hong Kong. I kept looking up when walking or driving around just to see.

Yeah., I'm going to need to learn to control it a *lot* better before I get a bike :)

Annoying bug I've come across - sometimes in the middle of combat it "sticks" in the quick hack screen and there appears to be no way out. All you can do is move v-e-r-y sl-o-w-l-y until you get killed :(

Just tried Stadia though and on a decent connection, I'm pretty impressed. I played Fenix Rising for an hour or so (it has a free demo until end of January) and it was pretty much exactly like playing it on a fast PC. Kind of wish I'd bought the Stadia Cyberpunk deal now so I could run the ray tracing and stuff.

Yeah., I'm going to need to learn to control it a *lot* better before I get a bike :)

Annoying bug I've come across - sometimes in the middle of combat it "sticks" in the quick hack screen and there appears to be no way out. All you can do is move v-e-r-y sl-o-w-l-y until you get killed :(

Just tried Stadia though and on a decent connection, I'm pretty impressed. I played Fenix Rising for an hour or so (it has a free demo until end of January) and it was pretty much exactly like playing it on a fast PC. Kind of wish I'd bought the Stadia Cyberpunk deal now so I could run the ray tracing and stuff.

I am regretting not getting the Stadia deal too lol but to run 4k and surround sound you need to pay £8.99 a month which I loath to do.

Been enjoying Cyberpunk 2077; I am running it on PC which doesn't appear to be getting the same flak but its stunning in 4K.
Also been playing Battlefield V, Rainbow Six Siege and waiting on my joystick / throttle arriving for Microsoft Flight Simulator tomorrow!

TiSqx4R.jpg

Caps-lock puts you into hacking mode, you might have hit it.

Oooo thank you! And it's right next to the tab key which I hit and hold for quick hack. I bet that's it. BTW I find driving a lot easier using a controller. At least I can flee the scene if I run over an NPC.....

I am regretting not getting the Stadia deal too lol but to run 4k and surround sound you need to pay £8.99 a month which I loath to do.

Ah, I missed that in their myriad T&Cs. The cloud gaming model makes a lot of sense - you can buy lots of months of streaming for the cost of a 1k graphics card. But all the different reasons to pay them money don't really stack up. Shadow is "cleaner" but more expensive.

This is similar to Disney+ Mulan film. Pay for streaming services, sure that makes sense. But pay for streaming computer AND pay for the game on top? Where you loose access to the games if you stop paying for streaming services? It doesn't make sense in my mind.

As said, Shadow PC model works much better. You rent the remote computer, you buy the game normally and then stream play it.

But personally as someone who tinkers with electronic stuff as a hobby, I still prefer to build my own.

I'm still playing CP'77. Started a new playthrough as female V. Last time was jack of all trades, mostly Widow-maker rifle and silent sniper. This time I'm going all in for quickhacks "netrunner": hide somewhere, take over a camera and start messing with enemy.

Been enjoying Cyberpunk 2077; I am running it on PC which doesn't appear to be getting the same flak but its stunning in 4K.
Also been playing Battlefield V, Rainbow Six Siege and waiting on my joystick / throttle arriving for Microsoft Flight Simulator tomorrow!

Rainbow 6 Siege was a favourite of mine for a long time, especially coop. I'm not keen on the matchmaking process though as it's difficult to know if anyone else is online. It also quickly became a case of paying for the new stuff and was getting a little silly. Still a great game though.

Rainbow 6 Siege was a favourite of mine for a long time, especially coop. I'm not keen on the matchmaking process though as it's difficult to know if anyone else is online. It also quickly became a case of paying for the new stuff and was getting a little silly. Still a great game though.

Yeah I've played it on and off since launch in 2015; it was a mess when new!

My new flight sim kit arrived today! along with a new keyboard and mouse!

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 15
Well finally finished Valhalla and started Cyberpunk. Playing on the series X with no real problems at the moment, but then again only a couple of hours in.

cyberpunk.jpg

Oh, you're going to love the next bit :)
Had a real blast playing this, and for the most part very few glitches. Not saying there were none but they were minor and nothing like the glitches I had with Valhalla, which frequently required loading a previous save. I'm guessing the hype its received over the last few years has brought the knockers out in force, although I suppose the crit regarding base Xbox One and PS4 is justified. Graphic and animation were a little disappointing in places, sometimes it seemed more like a last gen game, enhanced for the xbox one, but the city was well drawn and atmospheric, and on the series x well populated. Probably won't touch it now until it gets a next gen upgrade as I've put quite a few hours into it and looking forward to playing Medium next (y)

Last edited:
Had a real blast playing this, and for the most part very few glitches. Not saying there were none but they were minor and nothing like the glitches I had with Valhalla, which frequently required loading a previous save. I'm guessing the hype its received over the last few years has brought the knockers out in force, although I suppose the crit regarding base Xbox One and PS4 is justified. Graphic and animation were a little disappointing in places, sometimes it seemed more like a last gen game, enhanced for the xbox one, but the city was well drawn and atmospheric, and on the series x well populated. Probably won't touch it now until it gets a next gen upgrade as I've put quite a few hours into it and looking forward to playing Medium next (y)

That's good to hear. CDPR have taken a massive kicking over what is, IMO, a beautiful and fun game. I understand all the anger from PS4 owners because it appears that it just doesn't work on their kit. Personally I think the enjoyment I've had from it so far is well worth the 40 quid I paid. And I have a l-o-n-g way to go :) It doesn't help that I'm currently swapping between Cyberpunk and Watch Dogs Legion :)

I've been playing a lot of Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, and what a great game it is too.

It's a little older, but if you don't have it, Star Wars Battlefront II is free on Epic this week.

That's good to hear. CDPR have taken a massive kicking over what is, IMO, a beautiful and fun game. I understand all the anger from PS4 owners because it appears that it just doesn't work on their kit. Personally I think the enjoyment I've had from it so far is well worth the 40 quid I paid. And I have a l-o-n-g way to go :) It doesn't help that I'm currently swapping between Cyberpunk and Watch Dogs Legion :)
How you finding Legion, that's another game that's had some stick? I've just swapped Valhalla for it so I guess I'll find out myself soon enough.

Any COD Warzone players in this thread hit me up :).
XBLIve k1teininja
Activision ID KiteNinja#3104611

I'm a bit behind on gaming, mostly just play online TCG [Hearthstone/Gwent etc] because for years I had a crap gpu in the laptop and it was all it would play smooth. Got a new PC last year and been catching up on games I missed, like Forza Horizon 4 and The Witcher III [completed this after about 140hrs! and onto the DLC, truly amazing game] - and also tried 'A Plague Tale; Innocence' [pretty decent that too] Not bothered with CP2077, I'm not really big on futuristic atmosphere [have tried Fallout and the likes of Outerworlds - not for me really, fun for a short time]

Not played anything significant recently, but since I still have Game Pass for PC on the go, had a look other night and grabbed 'What remains of Edith Finch' - very short game coming in under 3hrs, but I loved every minute, such variety, humour, emotion in one game - for what is labelled often as a 'walking sim' there's plenty to do and see. Each chapter being very different to the last, each with it's own unique story. I'd highly recomend if you have Game Pass or can find it very cheap, bear in mind the run time - think of it more like an interactive movie. I finished it in one session, threatened to save a couple times but needed to see next chapter.

Other than that I've just been playing a lot of Bloons TD 6 :D

Last edited:
I play a lot of World of Tanks and Blood Bowl 2 on PC

I used to play WOT, was never very good at it though, 46% tomatoe :D I still watch some on twitch though, Quickybaby being one streamer I've watched for years. He makes it look so easy, then I go try again and fail miserably. I was never any good at any kind of FPS though, think my spatial awareness is knackered

Last edited:
I'm having a break from ARMA 3 and fancy something else for a change but not sure what. I've got Metro Exodus on my wishlist for when it goes on sale and I'm waiting for RIO - Raised in Oblivion to be released. I don't like anything too linear, I'm wondering about something retro like Fallout: New Vegas?

I've been playing Door Kickers 1 & 2 a lot, it's a nice blend of problem solving and instant access. Great for wasting 5 or 10 minutes, but I also feel like a decent FPS for a while.

I'm having a break from ARMA 3 and fancy something else for a change but not sure what. I've got Metro Exodus on my wishlist for when it goes on sale and I'm waiting for RIO - Raised in Oblivion to be released. I don't like anything too linear, I'm wondering about something retro like Fallout: New Vegas?

I've been playing Door Kickers 1 & 2 a lot, it's a nice blend of problem solving and instant access. Great for wasting 5 or 10 minutes, but I also feel like a decent FPS for a while.

Exodus is good, I couldn't keep with it as FPS is not my thing, but it is a gorgeous looker of a game. I got to play it free on Game pass, you should consider that avenue for PC if you're a regular gamer

Exodus is good, I couldn't keep with it as FPS is not my thing, but it is a gorgeous looker of a game. I got to play it free on Game pass, you should consider that avenue for PC if you're a regular gamer

I've got gamepass for the xbox, will the same account work on the pc?

There are 3 kinds of membership: console, PC and one M$ refuse to call "both" :)

Both is £11 a month which is a real bargain. You can get a 3 month trial for £1 which is crazy. IF THEY LET YOU DO THIS then swap your console to a 3 month trial of both and continue if you like it. You'll pay £99 over a year instead of £96 for console only. (BTW I think the prices literally went up yesterday)

I’m getting seriously into Valhalla now, but most of the side quests and little pick up tasks I’ve left till my bloke is a bit beefier.

At the minute swapping between Red Dead Redemption 2 on PS4 and Dragon Quest 11 on Switch.

Wife got me Cyberpunk for Xmas have it ago but it's just terrible, never played such a broken game.

How you finding Legion, that's another game that's had some stick? I've just swapped Valhalla for it so I guess I'll find out myself soon enough.

Legion works beautifully on my PC. It feels a lot more fluid than cyberpunk and the rendering of London is incredible. But I don't like the game as much. There's a lot of very similar stuff to do. It's fun but given the choice and a couple of hours to kill, I usually head for night city.

There are 3 kinds of membership: console, PC and one M$ refuse to call "both" :)

Both is £11 a month which is a real bargain. You can get a 3 month trial for £1 which is crazy. IF THEY LET YOU DO THIS then swap your console to a 3 month trial of both and continue if you like it. You'll pay £99 over a year instead of £96 for console only. (BTW I think the prices literally went up yesterday)
Xbox live Gold, the multiplayer online service for xbox, almost doubled in price yesterday, although that's only for new subscribers, those currently subscribed to xbox live gold will renew at the same price. Its clear MS strategy is to move new subscribers to Game Pass Ultimate, which inc Xbox Live Gold. It just makes no sense to pay £86 for Xbox Live Gold when you can get game pass ultimate for not much more.

Last edited:
Xbox live Gold, the multiplayer online service for xbox, almost doubled in price yesterday, although that's only for new subscribers, those currently subscribed to xbox live gold will renew at the same price. Its clear MS strategy is to move new subscribers to Game Pass Ultimate, which inc Xbox Live Gold. It just makes no sense to pay £86 for Xbox Live Gold when you can get game pass ultimate for not much more.

Wow - I hadn't realised the change was quite so severe. You're right, the extra £4 a month makes it a no brainer. Looks like they *really* want a subscription based games model.

It's just the PC specific one I have, what you'd need is Gamepass Ultimate, if you decided to go for that quit your current sub, and sign up for Ultimate, you get the first 3 months for €1, but it's 12.99 [or whatever the equiv in sterling is] after that

I just have the PC specific one, was only paying 3.99 pm for it for the first 6 months or so as it was still in Beta, but they have upped it to €9.99 pm. I probably don't play enough games to make it really worthwhile but then I'll grab a couple games that would normally cost €40+ and it feels worth it then. I just think of it more like renting, you never actually own the games but I like that I can try games that look so-so without any real commitment

Legion works beautifully on my PC. It feels a lot more fluid than cyberpunk and the rendering of London is incredible. But I don't like the game as much. There's a lot of very similar stuff to do. It's fun but given the choice and a couple of hours to kill, I usually head for night city.
Legion has had the next gen treatment for the Series X too and it looks pretty impressive with raytracing and 4K. Only 30fps though but I think it gets away with it tbh.

I'm having a lot of fun with it but I also prefer CP2077 its much darker with more adult themes. Mind you having just been repeatedly verbally abused by an NPC's using a term usually associated with the female anatomy they're probably even in the adult content stakes :)

Last edited:
It's just the PC specific one I have, what you'd need is Gamepass Ultimate, if you decided to go for that quit your current sub, and sign up for Ultimate, you get the first 3 months for €1, but it's 12.99 [or whatever the equiv in sterling is] after that

I just have the PC specific one, was only paying 3.99 pm for it for the first 6 months or so as it was still in Beta, but they have upped it to €9.99 pm. I probably don't play enough games to make it really worthwhile but then I'll grab a couple games that would normally cost €40+ and it feels worth it then. I just think of it more like renting, you never actually own the games but I like that I can try games that look so-so without any real commitment

Cheers, its the ultimate one I have, I think it's £10.99 per month. I'll need to see if I can log in via win 10.

Cheers, its the ultimate one I have, I think it's £10.99 per month. I'll need to see if I can log in via win 10.

Should work, just d/l the xbox client for PC and sign in, should be golden. I'm signed in on PC using my ancient xbox 360 acc, still get achievements for it though not touched the 360 in years

I see a few interesting additions this week, Control just unlocked, will definitely give that one a go, Desperados III also looks fun and if you're into Hero games injustice 2 is up on there too

Last edited:
Back