weekly Jakeblu's 52 for 2016 Week 16 Vast added

Week 14 Technology

Having seen some cracking efforts for technology I'm almost embarrassed to be posting this,

My entertainment centre. I'd like to be able to say that, as someone rapidly approaching retirement age, the two games consoles are my sons but I can't, its my only weakness, well that and .........

Technology by Steve Vickers, on Flickr

Last edited:
hi Steve

Effort ... nice find, well spotted ... and you made a most pleasing image. (y)

Effort - Good use of the path as a leading line into the subject. What really drew me in, though, was the colour in the path itself.

Technology - not your strongest shot I'm afraid. Whilst I think the middle is vertical, the horizontals are off (taken from an angle). That would be okay of is was obviously shot for that effect, but the fact that the top of the shot has an off horizontal like that makes it seem accidental.

Last edited:
Hi Steve. A lot of technology that's for sure. Good that you managed to capture all the detail including at the very back of the cabinet.

Plenty on Tech in that cupboard Steve I may of benn tempted to crop it so you could just see the items inside the cupboard though.

Technology - Certainly fits the them loads of tech there.

hi Steve

Effort ... nice find, well spotted ... and you made a most pleasing image. (y)

Effort - Good use of the path as a leading line into the subject. What really drew me in, though, was the colour in the path itself.

Technology - not your strongest shot I'm afraid. Whilst I think the middle is vertical, the horizontals are off (taken from an angle). That would be okay of is was obviously shot for that effect, but the fact that the top of the shot has an off horizontal like that makes it seem accidental.

Hi Steve. A lot of technology that's for sure. Good that you managed to capture all the detail including at the very back of the cabinet.

Plenty on Tech in that cupboard Steve I may of benn tempted to crop it so you could just see the items inside the cupboard though.

Technology - Certainly fits the them loads of tech there.

Hi Steve definitely lots of technology there but I think it really needs a crop to the central items to give it a bit more oomph !

Hi Steve, it's definitely on theme but as Susie etc. have alluded to, the eye wanders a bit. If there were an obvious single point of focus/attention, it would help increase the impact - IMO.

Hi Steve, visually it is a bit of a mess for me, as said by others it has loads of technology but nothing to settle your eye on, a great collection of Kit by the way, like that you have both X-box and PS (y)

You have all been far too kind, the technology image was pretty rubbish, hope to lift my game this week :D

Last edited:
Horizontals galore there Steve what with the real and reflected blades showing through. Like the DoF giving a partially obscured view of the garden and the colours there.

Horizontals galore there Steve what with the real and reflected blades showing through. Like the DoF giving a partially obscured view of the garden and the colours there.
Thanks Carl, appreciate your comments

Really like that Steve fits the theme perfectly for me I like the diffused background.

Definitely on topic Steve, at first I thought I would be tempted to crop it to the single pane, but then I saw the building with the big white cross on it and decided I like it as it is.
Thanks Susie, not had much chance to comment on others this week been really busy but when I did get round to have a look, there were quite a few venetian blinds :)
Really like that Steve fits the theme perfectly for me I like the diffused background.
Thanks Mark. I tried to throw the garden OOF as much as possible.

Very nice Steve, that is, the image and the location :)

Lots of vastness there and the letterbox crop suits, but .... the FG seems disappointingly incomplete.

Love the colours Steve - nice bright yellows, greens and blues. Beautiful landscape - such a lovely part of the country.

Steve,
Horizontal - On theme, but I'm afraid they aren't horizontal, rather they tilt down to the right in the main.
Vast - Again on theme, but I've commented on too many blue skies now, a perfectly well made Pano, but lacking a focus.

Hi Steve

Both of those work well - Horizontal looks good with the lighting and accurate framing and although the background is distracting your choice of DOF work to minimise the clutter. The only other thing you could have done is to light the blinds and window more - perhaps a simple bounced flash - and exposing for that would have darkened the outside further. But it works as is, to be fair (y)
Vast is a nice panorama - I guess it could do with more specific interest, either in the land or the sky but it works for the theme. It does have a classic V shape of a stitched pano - not sure whether that's just the shape of the cleft of the hill in front of you, but it's usually a tell-tale of a stitch! Maybe just hang on for more of that golden hour or even a sunset?

Horizontal -- plenty of horizontal going on there
Vast - Great landscape picture lovely place to be.

Back