Jim Tod's 52 for 2020

Finally on a computer that will let me start a thread

Welcome, Jim! I have just seen your lovely image in the main "Images Only" thread. If you add it here in your own thread people will be able to comment on it and your subsequent images.

Thanks for comments and nice words. Had a little trouble getting set up on my ipad (and also sorting out the process) but think i’m all up to speed.

Will try to look and comment on others images this week

Beautiful image to start your 52 Jim I love the muted colours and use of long shutter speed.

Great Picture Jim, Love the colours and the overall feel of it.

Pete

Love this one.. minimalist long exposure. What's not to like.

Good little set up (or is it).
I thought about doing a photography related subject, but couldn't settle on a clear idea.

Nicely executed! And I greatly admire your planning - mine mostly consists of "golden hour is then, so I need to leave about thirty minutes ago. Bugger..."

Nicely thought out Jim. (y)

Erm... What it is on the tablet then? I have no idea.... Some kind of flight sim?
Anyway, quite a nicely balanced shot with most of the interest along the bottom third :)
My only question would be was there a different angle where you could have avoided the door in the background?

Hi Jim,
I saw this and thought I am so glad that I am not the only one who sits down and meticulously plans trips and visits. Beautifully executed and I get the total pleasure spent planning. I also consult the photographers ephemeris and write it in my book :).

Very well planned and executed image Jim!(y)
Isn't that The Photographers Ephemeris?
I've come across that before...it's great for planning lunar/astro shoots, though I've yet to actually use it in anger!

(Oops...just read Heather's comment above me!:LOL:)

Erm... What it is on the tablet then? I have no idea.... Some kind of flight sim?
Anyway, quite a nicely balanced shot with most of the interest along the bottom third :)
My only question would be was there a different angle where you could have avoided the door in the background?

The photographers ephemeris. Lets you work out sunrise, sunset moonrise, shooting positions and a lot more. Indispensible planning tool

Reactions: LC2

There is a much better angle but i had a 20 min window to take and post shot or i’d have failed miserably on tp52 in week 2. Idea was fine, execution could have been better, 8 agree

Hi Jim,
I saw this and thought I am so glad that I am not the only one who sits down and meticulously plans trips and visits. Beautifully executed and I get the total pleasure spent planning. I also consult the photographers ephemeris and write it in my book :).

I use an app called Imray for tide times also, lets me plan weeks/ months in advance for coastal shots

but i had a 20 min window to take and post shot or i’d have failed miserably on tp52 in week 2
Ah, someone attempting to post in the week :)

I think last year Allan and maybe Dave managed that throughout. I wouldn't stress over a day or two, (Hell I didn't stress over being 8 weeks behind on one of my shots last year :) )

Ah, someone attempting to post in the week :)

I think last year Allan and maybe Dave managed that throughout. I wouldn't stress over a day or two, (Hell I didn't stress over being 8 weeks behind on one of my shots last year :) )

Yep - two years for me :)

Nice set up shot of setting up for shots :)

Reactions: LC2
local interest - Top photo, has all a good landscape photo needs! Nothing to criticise!

pleasure - doesn't work as well for me, but bang on theme. I would have preferred another angle so that you see only the sofa in the background. And in my opinion the light is a bit harsh.

Back