JK's 52 2019

I hadn't realised week52 was Boxing Day...
I wonder what terrible theme @Cobra will come up with for that day.
Now there's food for thought :D

John

Clean, a very amusing image, perfect for the theme and I like it..

Open, Works very well for the theme, love the colours and the bottle. A tip top Image.

Distant, very clever, simple, nice and sharp, great composition.

Pete

Week 5 - Cold

It was too cold for me out there this week, The warmth of my office was far too appealing, so I faked it with an image of my sons toy car and some of my own stock.
To cold to go outside-00001.jpg

Last edited:
Nice image and like your processing. Really like the tree but the grass is a bit mwah for me.

Nice image and like your processing. Really like the tree but the grass is a bit mwah for me.

Thanks for your comments. I always like a critique as it allows us to reflect and improve. Can I ask what it is you don’t like about the grass?

Another great image, it has a sense of artwork and I think pastel crayons ? Very nice

Thanks Chris, I do tend to gravitate towards this type of palette and when it works I do like to give my images a painterly feel. I don’t know anything about pastel crayons though.

Nice - reminds of of a scene from something like The Snowman.

Hmm, yes, it is reminiscent of "The Snowman" and maybe children's books in general.
I really do like the effect you've created, very artistic.
I can't make any specific comments as this isn't something I've ever tried, but :clap:

Week 6 - Waiting

Waiting for the train.

I've been busy and not had much time to get round to processing this one. This was a quick shot taken with the iPhone. I did have a watercolour type of effect in mind when I took the shot. The rearrangement of the image came as an afterthought, I think it helps tell the story better. It does for me anyway. Sorry it's late.

waiting.jpg

nice take on the theme and as its waiting making everyone wait works well I only did mine last night ;)

Great idea. I need to look into the whole editing photos scenario, as it's clear there are interesting options to be had.

John, your images are very refreshing and unique!
Your post processing treatments are very good with some very creative touches.
The pastel toning works very well in these images, and the compositions are excellent.
Your work is definitely worth waiting for!
Great work!!(y)

Back