weekly Jon P's TP 52 in 2016 Challenge - Living World and Spiky Added

Love it! The lighting, exposure and the b&w for me are all spot on and work well together.

I don't know if it's possible to level/straighten it up a bit though?

Last edited:
Wow, that's an interesting shot. Splendid. :clap:
Perspective can be an absolute mare to get right when you're so close that it looks off, sometimes it's actually better to just have the verticals true, making sure that teh horizontals look like you are deliberately going for a perspective shot.

Great shot, Jon. That works really well in B&W.

Hi, excellent shot, the straightening has been mentioned but as you seem to have been standing slightly off centre I doubt you could ever get it right,
doesn't distract from what is an interesting well spotted image

Old - I like the Dof great picture

Metal - wow so many pictures the watch is the best picture. I like the barbed wire idea but the focus is wrong. and I like the Idea of the forks too.

Captive - Great picture

Last edited:
Hi, excellent shot, the straightening has been mentioned but as you seem to have been standing slightly off centre I doubt you could ever get it right,
doesn't distract from what is an interesting well spotted image

Thank you and yes, I think youre right, standing at an angle hasn't helped when trying to sort the angles :confused:

Old - I like the Dof great picture

Metal - wow so many pictures the watch is the best picture. I like the barbed wire idea but the focus is wrong. and I like the Idea of the forks too.

Captive - Great picture

Thank you :)

Captive,well spotted and I like the gritty B&W. Slight crop on the LHS and I'd like to see it straight on.

Cheers.

As above, pity I didn't get straight on - here's the main window vertical straitened and a crop - any better ?

Week # 2 - Subject "Captive" (alt crop) by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Nice shot love the b/w look it’s as if she’s held captive until she unravelled all them cables Great shot.(y)

Captive - Much prefer the straightened version, although a crop to the left maybe? Bring the window in square to the centre of the shot?
B&W works really well though, like it! (y)

This is an eye-catcher, I don't know what's going on here in this pic but I like it.

You've got the perspectives sorted in #2 but there's no reason you can't include that bit that goes around the corner too ... should you wish.

Excellent capture for .... um. .... well .... Captive. Sharp reflection-free and oodles of interest to occupy the viewer. No brainer as you say for b&w. I'm for the original.

Nice shot love the b/w look it’s as if she’s held captive until she unravelled all them cables Great shot.(y)

Thank you - ha ha - i think she was doing it to pass the time but a great thought :)

Captive - Much prefer the straightened version, although a crop to the left maybe? Bring the window in square to the centre of the shot?
B&W works really well though, like it! (y)

Thank you - I had a play with a few crops and versions, but i think i've settled with the second version :)

This is an eye-catcher, I don't know what's going on here in this pic but I like it.

You've got the perspectives sorted in #2 but there's no reason you can't include that bit that goes around the corner too ... should you wish.

Thank you :) I think its some kind of performance as each of the 4 windows was set up like a room with a person in each - i walk past quite regularly and there is usually some art or installation - actually just seen this - https://thewindshow.wordpress.com/about/

nice pp, good compo,
are the shows at random or scheduled,
long time since I was in Camden, interesting diverse place:)

Thank you very much, im not really sure if scheduled or not or how long its on for :)

Excellent capture for .... um. .... well .... Captive. Sharp reflection-free and oodles of interest to occupy the viewer. No brainer as you say for b&w. I'm for the original.

He he thank you :) - it definitely is a B&W shot and very kind comments :)

Captive - prefer the original but both are good. So much to look at in this shot, really like how the person on the left is laid back relaxing while the one on the right looks to have piles of cables to sort.

What an wonderfully original shot for captive, great you had your camera with you. :clap:

Last edited:
Great idea Jon, well spotted and captured,
The edit works better IMO (y)

Captive - prefer the original but both are good. So much to look at in this shot, really like how the person on the left is laid back relaxing while the one on the right looks to have piles of cables to sort.

Thank you Steve :)

What an wonderfully original shot for captive, great you had your camera with you. :clap:

Cheers Liz, I was lucky that I passed and had my camera in my pocket :D

Great idea Jon, well spotted and captured,
The edit works better IMO (y)

Thank you - I like the edit now too ;)

Really struggled with this one, lots of ideas, but none which came out that I was happy with. In the end I have cheated slightly by going back and working on an image I took in October last year and went for a very un-original (attempt at) Tilt-Shift to get that "miniature" look - not convinced it 100% works, but its my Week 3 submission !

Week # 3 - Subject "Miniature" by Jon Parry, on Flickr

I like the idea and exposure but think it needs more elevation for tilt shift to be effective here.

Hi Jon. The figures certainly look miniature against that derelict structure (cathedral?). Like the misty bg behind the building.

I think it works, nicely and atmospheric (y)

Hi Jon, I find the person in yellow a little bit distracting, nice try with the tilt shift though, certainly draws my attention to the building. as Ian says a little more elevation would have helped.

I think it works, nicely and atmospheric (y)

Thank you :)

Hi Jon, I find the person in yellow a little bit distracting, nice try with the tilt shift though, certainly draws my attention to the building. as Ian says a little more elevation would have helped.

Cheers Brian - I did think of cloning her out but like the "little people" just a pity she has such a bright coat on !

Fantastic old structure in beautiful setting ... makes a lovely picture.

But I want more made of the little people ... in this TS exercise.

Back