weekly Jon P's TP 52 in 2016 Challenge - Living World and Spiky Added

Plenty of metallic options there Colm, the rusty old sign for me (y)

Hi Jon, really like the pocket watch image, not just a super watch. Like the cleannes of this image and the choice to include a reflection only adds to he over all compostion. I aslo like the barbed image, nice control of dof. Good luck completing your 52

Like the watch image and the way the colours are displayed.

Hi Jon, I really like the image you have created with the forks. I think it works well IMO! I might see you in Delamere forest some time, I'm frequently about walking the Dog :)

Hi, plenty of metals there. Amazing what you can find when out with your camera.

Wonderful watch with bags of character. Looks like it needs a very slight CCW rotation. Smashing refleciton and nice clean BG.

Cheers.

Pocket watch for me lovely picture..And the barbed wire is nice to.

Catching up with commenting

Old - Like the low POV and the building in the background works well.
Metal - I like the shallow DOF on the barbed wire fence and the repetition in the fork one, with a little bit more work they could have been great. The pocket watch is an outstanding shot though.

The watch shot is an absolute beauty. Desaturation works well.
Slight rotation and cloning of speckles required. I like the little rim highlight on the watch but consider tonning down on the reflection?

Last edited:
I really like the Dunham Massey shot it sets a scene to spark the imagination and the watch shot is a great contrast with its sharp crisp image.

The watch is a blinder - great lighting. reflection and I'm a sucker for negative space - well done!

Out of everything I'm favouring the watch shot too. Nice watch, good lighting, composition with the reflection is great. :clap:

I think I may have been tempted to select the watch and reflection and rotate them equally to straighten them up a little.....I guess it was tricky to get it into a good position?

Hi & welcome Jon

Love barbed wire with shallow DoF , but as @Ian W points out .... maybe a little too shallow ... but just a shade. :)

Lovely lovely watch shot Jon. And a great back story too.

Lucky you to have something of such sentimental value. I'm truly jealous!

Forks and watch reflection for me too - both fabulous and clearly thought through images. Whilst the others have merits, the compositions are no where near as strong. Glad the watch made it as your final selection - crisp, clear and striking, and a bought full interpretation of the theme.

Good luck with the 52

Hi Jon :)

Metal - Goodness I have ran out of room on the sheet for ticks :D

Love the variety you have posted, liking the narrow DoF of the barbed wire, but would prefer the focus slightly further up the frame (only a tad)

The other that stands out for me is the forks, I really like the symmetry of the shot :)

BUT for me the highlight of your metal shots is certainly the pocket watch, to be honest there is nothing I do not like about it, good lighting, really like the surface and background, and a fantastic reflection, love it :clap:

Hi Jon :)

Metal - Goodness I have ran out of room on the sheet for ticks :D

Love the variety you have posted, liking the narrow DoF of the barbed wire, but would prefer the focus slightly further up the frame (only a tad)

The other that stands out for me is the forks, I really like the symmetry of the shot :)

BUT for me the highlight of your metal shots is certainly the pocket watch, to be honest there is nothing I do not like about it, good lighting, really like the surface and background, and a fantastic reflection, love it :clap:

Hello and welcome to challenge, I like your edit on the old image and the watch image for the metal theme.

Thank you both, very kind :)

Struggling a tad this week (only due to time and opportunity) but still a few days to go ......

A few iv'e played with but not overly happy with

My poor bike CAPTIVE lashed to the bike rack

Captive 4 by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Me CAPTIVE in traffic

Captive 3 by Jon Parry, on Flickr

A CAPTIVE plant on a log in a lake (stretching it a bit here, I know !)

Captive by Jon Parry, on Flickr

And one from a few years ago with two slight version tweaks on the PP

Captive2? by Jon Parry, on Flickr#

Captive? by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Hoping to get something better before "formally" submitting but thoughts and crit welcomed :)

Like the traffic pic, something everyone has been through

Back