weekly jono2002's weekly 52 challenge 2019 - Week 11 Entrance SooC

I think if you had someone in the shelter it would of worked better, but yes it looks like it`s been waiting a while for some TLC.
Thanks, I did have three models lined up (wife + two dogs) to stand in it but I wasn't sold on it. Think I liked the grunge of the shelter too much to have it look nicer [emoji3]
I did take a shot of them waiting next to the bus stop sign, it's not made the cut yet but will look at it again to see if I should post it.

I agree with Dave, a waiting person would have been ideal. Looks bleak I must say. Not a timetable in sight so perhaps unused? And no graffiti either! :thinking:

I agree with Dave, a waiting person would have been ideal. Looks bleak I must say. Not a timetable in sight so perhaps unused? And no graffiti either! :thinking:
There is some graffiti but it's pretty basic, very poor attempt you can hardly see. It's a well served stop, however the local council announced last year it's not going to clean things like this & signs in the future.

It is pretty bleak looking. I don't think you needed to add people to get the effect you wanted.
I may have been tempted to shoot from lower down, or closer, in order to lose the roofs that are above it directly behind it.

You've got two 'waitings' in this one, Jonathan, with the structure likely to be waiting for TLC for a long time plus it's a place where people wait, but it does seem to be missing something. If not a person waiting then, as Tim says, maybe just another angle rather than straight on. But it certainly gives a bleak and unloved look.

As a picture of the shelter I think it works well as a bleak picture and looks good and I actually like it on its own, but for waiting I personally think as others have said it could have done with something else.

Thanks all again for the comments, next on my list tonight is to catch up on every ones else's images.

very nice capture he/she does look a very rough haired dog. excellent sharpness and focus.

Great image Jonathan, lots of detail in that wiry hair so fits the theme perfectly. What sort of doggo do you have?
He's a Jack Russell cross Airedale (we think but can't be sure).

His brother from the same litter has a very different coat. Both very individual personalities. [emoji3]OI000008.jpeg

Nice shot for rough. Well lit and I like the tight crop. The other shot is very nice too. Super sharp on the eye and a great composition (y)

Both very sharp shots on the eyes, well taken.
I actually think the mono shot seems rougher than the colour one and I think the tighter crop works slightly better.
I agree the second is better but it was one a took a few months back so didn't want to use it as my main submission [emoji3]
It's not mono, the dog is black & white but look closely and you can see the brown in his eye. (Plus the grey from his age)

Nice images for rough Jonathon. Plenty of minute detail in both. For some reason, when I look at the dog's ear, it does look like an Airedales

Week 08 - Object of Spring

I used this week to give my 8mm lens a try close up, not sure I am keen on the background. The wind was blowing the flower around a lot too.

_2280585.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice, bright and cheerful image Jonathan.
The yellow is vivid and definitely dominates the frame....as it should since it's a daffodil!
The central bits in the middle of the petals...(I'm not sure what they're called!)...look nice and sharp too.
The background is fine with me....I like the blue-green colour at the top of the frame, and you've used appropriate DoF to blur it nicely....though the lower background is a teeny bit busy....doesn't detract from the cheeriness of the image however.
Nice work!(y)

Very nice, bright and cheerful image Jonathan.
The yellow is vivid and definitely dominates the frame....as it should since it's a daffodil!
The central bits in the middle of the petals...(I'm not sure what they're called!)...look nice and sharp too.
The background is fine with me....I like the blue-green colour at the top of the frame, and you've used appropriate DoF to blur it nicely....though the lower background is a teeny bit busy....doesn't detract from the cheeriness of the image however.
Nice work!(y)
Thanks, it is a stunning yellow and stands out in the flower bed with little other colour when looking across the garden.

Not sure why you don't like the background. It may be a bit busy, but you have it sufficiently blurred out.
The yellow of the flower pops nicely.
It's just too brown & green, a more solid colour would of made me happy. Personal preference, but could be worse.

Very unusual image and certainly had me thinking of what and how?
Going to have a shot and say wire wool lit and water being poured onto it. probably way off. love the creativity whatever it is....

Really like this. Scratching my head trying to work out how you shot it. Great image if it canmake someone do that.

Very unusual image and certainly had me thinking of what and how?
Going to have a shot and say wire wool lit and water being poured onto it. probably way off. love the creativity whatever it is....
Sorry to say it much less exciting, it's the fountain in the middle of a pool in my back garden. It has a light in the bottom which lights up when it's dark.

Taken handheld 2sec exposure.

I wanted to push the theme of wet rather than just the usual blurred water or water on something (which there has been some great shots of already)
IMG_20190305_080940-01.jpeg

Rough - Those eyes! I thought it could have been a teddy.

Object- The yellow really pops, I agree with Tim the background is blurred enough for me, doesn't take away from the flower.

Wet - Had me wondering what it was and how you did it! Thanks for explaining, always interesting to see how people get the interesting abstract stuff.

Good work!

Back