weekly jono2002's weekly 52 challenge 2019 - Week 11 Entrance SooC

I love your entry for rough, those eyes are so super sharp and so appealing ....excellent.
Your daffodil is really bright and cheery, good to see some signs of spring.
Your abstract choice for wet works well, thanks for the explanation, I was wondering what it was!

Last edited:
Thank to all again for your comments and feedback. It's always appreciated. [emoji3]

Wet
A very abstract image. I had no idea what it was until I read your description.
I quite like it.

I like both the object and wet images. Who doesn't like to see a big yellow daf in full bloom.

The wet one is a crazy image. Looks nothing like water and is pretty abstract. I like it

Hi Jonathan, the colour of the daffodil really pops in your image for Object. Good use of the 8mm lens to make it the clear subject of the image, and although the background is a little bit busy the bright yellow and shallow DOF helps to minimise the effect.
Wet is a clever abstract and the little lines in the water catch the eye immediately (y)

Week 10 "Free week"

P4150091 copy.jpg

Not an image I took this week, so a good fit for a week off.

Last edited:
Hi Jonathan, the colour of the daffodil really pops in your image for Object. Good use of the 8mm lens to make it the clear subject of the image, and although the background is a little bit busy the bright yellow and shallow DOF helps to minimise the effect.
Wet is a clever abstract and the little lines in the water catch the eye immediately (y)

Thanks, I am going to try see if I can shoehorn some more images in using the 8mm if I can as will be a challenge in itself.

Very deep and moody free image there. I like the crop too. Nicely done

Wet is a really interesting image, looks like magnesium wool burning
Your Free image has a tad too much sky and not enough of those moody looking hills to really grab me.

Great work. Lovely texture in the clouds on the RHS and good use of layers in the mountains. Lots of atmosphere with the contrasty black and white too.
Very deep and moody free image there. I like the crop too. Nicely done
Wet is a really interesting image, looks like magnesium wool burning
Your Free image has a tad too much sky and not enough of those moody looking hills to really grab me.
Nice mono landscape. The crop suits it. I really like the tonal recession that you have got in the hills into the distance.
Love your free image Jon.
The subtle layered tones work very well, and I too think the composition and crop is great.
The dark areas bottom left and top right are very well placed, nice work!(y)

Thanks all again, the image was a colour one that I had put to one side as a reject but this week I thought I would go back to it. A crop and monochrome conversion made it much better, had another one printed with the same crop ratio and it looks great. Proof the TP-52 helps with inspiration and news things!

Nice and colourful. I may have drawn out a little to get the apex of the roof in the image.

Nice and colourful. I may have drawn out a little to get the apex of the roof in the image.

Yep that. Nice fun shot - Little Tikes?

I like the FREE week shot a lot. Great tones in there.
ENTRANCE - maybe the full house would have been better, but fine as it is and SOOC to boot.

Hi Jon,

Wet - As Ian says, it's very clever and reminiscent of sparks. great shot for the theme.
Free Week - Very moody and the letterbox crop suits it well.
Entrance - Plenty of different colours there :) SooC is harder than it sounds isn't it. Getting things like vertical verticals without LR/PS can be a challenge unless you put a lot of thought/concentration into it.

ENTRANCE & SOOC.
So hard to do this tech as I’d want to be tinkering , that said you have got an image that ticks both boxes. Good bold lines and focus.

Liking your Entrance shot but agree with others. I don't think I need to see the whole house but the apex of the roof would be good. I guess that there would be blown sky above the roof though you did that...

Back