Critique required Kell's 52 in 22 - week 52. Showcase

Great perseverance Kell. The final shot is great, but the journey is interesting too.

Your commitment to the cause is appreciated, I can image it's considerably more difficult moving the camera especially taking into account the reverse angle.

Love the story Kell (The Trials and Tribulations of Light Painting AKA ICM). Also love to see a well-done Triptych.

A clever take on the idea! The final triptych woks best for me.

Great idea for the tech and points for persistence. Looks good.

Very good technique and lots of patience have produced a very nice image.

Last edited:
Week 06 - Alley.

I was late to the party this week and noticed that almost everyone went for some sort of urban alleyway, whereas I wanted to go for this version:

"a path lined with trees, bushes, or stones.

"alleys of standing stones""

As I have to get to the other side of Regent's Park to get to work, I knew there's a massively long path called The Broad Walk that should have fit the bill.

But I really didn't like many of the shots. Flat light this morning meant flat photos.

Of the ones I did like, the off centre one with a reflection from the puddles were my faves.

IMG_1063 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_1047 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_1046 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Nearer work is a little more gritty so I got these others:

IMG_1084 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_1088 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_1091 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_1095 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Some great shots Kell, really well done. I would have had a tough time choosing but I think I might have gone with #6.

Having said that, is the mural Chunk from the Goonies? Super cool.

I like everything about the last one. The pov and processing really suit the shot. The reflection works nicely and the added bonus is the people walking through the frame going about their business.

Last 2 are great.
A toss up between the colour and B/W version - I would go for colour as it suits the graffiti.

Some great shots Kell, really well done. I would have had a tough time choosing but I think I might have gone with #6.

Having said that, is the mural Chunk from the Goonies? Super cool.

It is - been there for a couple of years now,

IMG_5395 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Which is a surprise as the one opposite has been painted over twice since I've been there.

It used to be quite cool Amy Winehouse related one, but I never took a picture of it before it became the one below.

Valerie-Amy-Street-Art-Trail-Camden-London-Flickr.jpg

IMG_5394 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Good set of Alley images, hard to pick a favorite, but all tick the theme box. I also like the colour of the mural Images.

Pete

Cor blimey, what a great set of images! All superb, but I like your chosen one and both 6 and 7.

I much prefer number 7 in the first list as it is gritty and contrasty. If I may offer the suggestion that if you are going to put so many pictures in your personal thread for a particular category it might be nice if you could number them so we all know to which each of us is referring? Just a thought :)

Ooh lots of great shots. Very hard to choose. I really like the one in the main thread and I think the last is also a contender, but they are all fab.

I much prefer number 7 in the first list as it is gritty and contrasty. If I may offer the suggestion that if you are going to put so many pictures in your personal thread for a particular category it might be nice if you could number them so we all know to which each of us is referring? Just a thought :)

It’s a good idea. When people mentioned “7” for example, I’ve had to physically count them.

Week 07 - Heavy.

these are actually from a few weeks ago as I was away last weekend, and will be away this weekend and don't want to have to catch up two weeks.

Taken at Druridge Bay, Northumberland, these HEAVY blocks are anti-tank defences and would have been used in conjunction with the steep sand dunes behind them to prevent a beach landing there.

I haven't visited them since I was a kid. Seem to remember them sticking out the sand a lot more back then.

(There was also a very heavy wind that day - loads of trees down - and you can see the sand blowing across in some of them.)

Image 01

5D3_8900 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Image 02

5D3_8873 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Image 03

5D3_8858 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Yes, shot 2 is the best one. Nice sky although the rocks are a little dark IMO.

Three ncie shots - any would have done for the theme.

I love the Camden Alley shots particularly. The Chunk Mural is just around the corner from my favourite restaurant, La Patagonia.

I really Like the tones in the first heavy shot.

Three lovely images but I would go for #1 too as there's lots of texture and movement. Nicely processed too.

I love the Camden Alley shots particularly. The Chunk Mural is just around the corner from my favourite restaurant, La Patagonia.

I really Like the tones in the first heavy shot.

Thank you.

Not been to La Patagonia yet. In fact not really eaten out much around here.

We're based in GLH - the building opposite Mornington Crescent Tube.

My favourite place is the coffee shop on Delancey. Just love how archaic it is.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G7hxrnwpfE

Last edited:
All nice images as usual, and I like your chosen shot for the main theme thread.

Warmer (colour) one for me. ("But, soft! What light through yonder window breaks?")

The colour image is warmer and hence the nicer image

The colour version definitely carries the feeling of warm sunshine - nice and simple but really effective.

Simple but effective. Colour version for me.

Both nice - but the mono floats my boat :)

Back