weekly Kirkers1978 52/2012 - goodluck with ya 52's

good idea for the theme but the lighting looks a bit bright to me. I'm not expert enough to explain it properly tho sorry, it just looks too white. it might have worked better if the syrup hadn't spilled over the edges? And maybe a bit more chocolate exposed from the foil (at the front) might look good too? I don't want to seem negative, but this critique thing is difficult :LOL:

Spot on theme with this one, I agree with what Summer is saying. Maybe undress the egg a bit more :LOL: and just try turning down the brightness a little bit. I think its the trouble with shooting white on a white background. How did you get the egg to stand up?

Wow - Vice is a good spot (colour version as the B&W conversion adds nothing and indeed looses the vibrant toy colours).

Entrance - It looks scarry to me alomst like there are teeth in there.

Soft - Spot on and nicely done :)

Hi Neil, soft, well you're much better at set up shots than me. nice idea, and i think you've pulled it off

Bang on theme (y) and well composed and lit too. I can see the soft edge at the top but I think that's just some of the inside creme on the lip of the chocolate and it's just merging with the background.

good idea for the theme but the lighting looks a bit bright to me. I'm not expert enough to explain it properly tho sorry, it just looks too white. it might have worked better if the syrup hadn't spilled over the edges? And maybe a bit more chocolate exposed from the foil (at the front) might look good too? I don't want to seem negative, but this critique thing is difficult :LOL:

Spot on theme with this one, I agree with what Summer is saying. Maybe undress the egg a bit more :LOL: and just try turning down the brightness a little bit. I think its the trouble with shooting white on a white background. How did you get the egg to stand up?

Thanks for all the feedback, I think it is to bright, so will now have another go in photoshop. As for the wrapper I see what you mean but I wanted to get the "cream egg" in!! To get the egg to stand up...gool old blue tac!!

Hi Neil

great image for Soft mister.......for me it's just about spot on....not liking the things myself I have no idea if it's too white but the yellow centre looks good , like the overspill so yeah , good work :clap:

If I'm being a real nit picker.... there's a very slight shadow at the base and a few highlight patch's in the white of the egg ...possibly flash or reflections ? Looking again I'm almost tempted to say they are rather like my feeble attempts at cloning things out...there's a definate white spot just to the left of the blue foil where the overspill starts :thinking:

These are really minor points & I sure couldn't have done as well so...keep up the good work (y)

Hi Neil

great image for Soft mister.......for me it's just about spot on....not liking the things myself I have no idea if it's too white but the yellow centre looks good , like the overspill so yeah , good work :clap:

If I'm being a real nit picker.... there's a very slight shadow at the base and a few highlight patch's in the white of the egg ...possibly flash or reflections ? Looking again I'm almost tempted to say they are rather like my feeble attempts at cloning things out...there's a definate white spot just to the left of the blue foil where the overspill starts :thinking:

These are really minor points & I sure couldn't have done as well so...keep up the good work (y)

Hi Blondie, yeah see what you mean about the white spots, not even noticed them till now:bonk:
not going to edit it again!!! but will look more closely at imperfections next time(y)

Not a great fan of them either, but I did it that one:D

Hi ya :wave:

great image for Proud , simple & works a treat . Good set up , the medals are lovely & sharp & have a great matt look to them , lighting looks good to me, nice n even all round with soft shadows just where you'd expect them :clap:

Good work mister :clap:

great image for Proud , simple & works a treat . Good set up , the medals are lovely & sharp & have a great matt look to them , lighting looks good to me, nice n even all round with soft shadows just where you'd expect them :clap:

Good work mister :clap:

:plus1:

:clap::clap:

Entrance - Well spotted but I feel a lower pov may have worked better

Soft - I was planning this shot until I spotted this last week. As said, I would have liked to have seen a bit more of the chocolate

Pride - Nice lighting and spot on theme. Also well done for the medals

Nice shot for pride; not a lot to say really as its bang on theme, and very nicely taken :)

soft edit is much better

pride - on theme and the lighting is spot on :clap:

Soft - I really like the edit. Definitely soft and bang on subject. Really good textures and colours.

Pride - Really nice tones and colours again too. i think you have a really solid technique. Good effort half marathons are not easy.

Good efforts on all counts,

Nick

Good work mister

Hi Blondie, thanks for the comments:)

Hi Neil

Entrance - hard to know what made that, perhaps just nature. Well spotted

Soft - satisfies the theme but the lighting seems harsh to me, slightly detracting from the softness of the theme.

Pride - good shot and spot on for the theme.

Thanks Alan:)

Running medals and chocolate - no there is a man after my own heart! Nice lighting on your items

Thanks Amanda...hmmmm chocolate:)

Cheers Trevor(y)

Entrance - Well spotted but I feel a lower pov may have worked better

Soft - I was planning this shot until I spotted this last week. As said, I would have liked to have seen a bit more of the chocolate

Pride - Nice lighting and spot on theme. Also well done for the medals

Thanks Peter....didn't want to get to close to that entrance!!!!

Nice shot for pride; not a lot to say really as its bang on theme, and very nicely taken

Thanks Mark(y)

soft edit is much better

pride - on theme and the lighting is spot on

Cheers Summer(y)

Soft - I really like the edit. Definitely soft and bang on subject. Really good textures and colours.

Pride - Really nice tones and colours again too. i think you have a really solid technique. Good effort half marathons are not easy.

Good efforts on all counts,

Nick

Thanks Nick....thanks for the comments(y):D

Hi, there, appear to have missed yours :thinking:

I'll comment on your last 3 and subscribe for future posts...(y)

Vice...:LOL: nice and it's colour for me. It has Chucky feel to it. I'd prefer a less cluttered BG.

Entrance, well spotted. I like this one. It's like some deep sea monster. Bit closer, maybe and without the FG holly.

Soft, another good one. Nice colours and I like the closer, detailed composition. Maybe my laptop, but are some of the whites over exposed??

Pride...half marathon:nono: :D I'd prefer just the one in the photograph. The LH side of the left medal looks OOF. Nice colours and the RH medal looks nice and sharp.

Cheers.

Any marathon is something to be proud of in my book! Nice medals for photographing. They are interesting. Good lighting on them.

I think I am with Andy, maybe 1 on shot would be better but still as is its on theme and a good shot.

Hi Neil, I shot two medals for my pride too but there was a lot less effort on my behalf for the medals. Half marathon, good effort (y)

I like the lighting here Neil, it is quite even with no harsh shadows you've certainly nailed it. Good work. Iain

Hi, there, appear to have missed yours :thinking:

I'll comment on your last 3 and subscribe for future posts...(y)

Vice...:LOL: nice and it's colour for me. It has Chucky feel to it. I'd prefer a less cluttered BG.

Entrance, well spotted. I like this one. It's like some deep sea monster. Bit closer, maybe and without the FG holly.

Soft, another good one. Nice colours and I like the closer, detailed composition. Maybe my laptop, but are some of the whites over exposed??

Pride...half marathon:nono: :D I'd prefer just the one in the photograph. The LH side of the left medal looks OOF. Nice colours and the RH medal looks nice and sharp.

Cheers.

Any marathon is something to be proud of in my book! Nice medals for photographing. They are interesting. Good lighting on them.

I think I am with Andy, maybe 1 on shot would be better but still as is its on theme and a good shot.

Hi Neil, I shot two medals for my pride too but there was a lot less effort on my behalf for the medals. Half marathon, good effort (y)

I like the lighting here Neil, it is quite even with no harsh shadows you've certainly nailed it. Good work. Iain

thanks for the comments...much appreciated:)

Bit of a tight crop to the left but otherwise a good take on the theme.

Love that short shot, great thinking and execution. ;)

Nice. Great bright colours and cracking perspective. Crop mentioned.

Being critical, just the slight shadow lower centre.

2nd short straw take so far...and very different executions.

Cheers.

I agree with the crop and shadow comments from Andy. I'm wondering whether a different coloured background would have made the straws stand out even more.

Great minds think alike!!:)

I like the arrangement of the straws but agree with the comments about it being a bit tight to the left (one of my short pics is a bit tight as well!!).

Nice one Neil (y)
It has an abstract feel to it which I like a lot.
The tight crop has been mentioned, not sure about a different background colour, I think removing the shadow would help a lot. Make it really high key boosting the colours in the straws would really lift it off the page.
Good work, Iain

yes agree that the shadow or crop ain't too bad, but also colours need a boost, a black bg would eliminate the shadow and boost the colours :LOL:

but i love the composition :clap:

Catch up, Soft and Pride comments already made, both on theme.
Straws is bang on theme but the shadow and uneven lighting spoil this shot. As Peter mentioned, a darker light absorbing colour BG may have helped.

Hi Neil, many apologies for not dropping in before.

Sigh, made me chuckle as my hubby is constantly sighing and moaning over the state of our garage!

Sweet, Jelly Bellys, nom, nom, nom!

Secure, the padlock shot is excellent, shame you didn't save it for shiny?

Win, great shot, love the blur. Cars always makes me laugh.

Harley's are VERY shiny! Not sure on the bronze doughnut looking boob thing:nuts:

Magical, nice lighting for a simple shot.

That tree would definitely invite my kids in, they eat often enough to be hobbits!

Soft. My favourite subject, choccie's and a delicious Creme egg. The edited version is better.

Pride. Nice lighting again, running that far is certainly something to be proud of. I'd rather eat the Creme egg and watch nutters running!

Short straw, good interpretation of the theme but agree about the tight crop on the left. A darker background may improve things here too.

A great set so far for your 52, I'll try and keep up from here on in!

I agree with the crop and shadow comments from Andy. I'm wondering whether a different coloured background would have made the straws stand out even more.

Hi Neil

like the POV for your Short image , nice bright colors , good DOF :clap: The crop & shadow have been mentioned but really don't bother me too much...good work mister (y)

Great minds think alike!!:)

I like the arrangement of the straws but agree with the comments about it being a bit tight to the left (one of my short pics is a bit tight as well!!).

Nice one Neil (y)
It has an abstract feel to it which I like a lot.
The tight crop has been mentioned, not sure about a different background colour, I think removing the shadow would help a lot. Make it really high key boosting the colours in the straws would really lift it off the page.
Good work, Iain

yes agree that the shadow or crop ain't too bad, but also colours need a boost, a black bg would eliminate the shadow and boost the colours :LOL:

but i love the composition :clap:

Catch up, Soft and Pride comments already made, both on theme.
Straws is bang on theme but the shadow and uneven lighting spoil this shot. As Peter mentioned, a darker light absorbing colour BG may have helped.

Hi Neil, many apologies for not dropping in before.

Sigh, made me chuckle as my hubby is constantly sighing and moaning over the state of our garage!

Sweet, Jelly Bellys, nom, nom, nom!

Secure, the padlock shot is excellent, shame you didn't save it for shiny?

Win, great shot, love the blur. Cars always makes me laugh.

Harley's are VERY shiny! Not sure on the bronze doughnut looking boob thing:nuts:

Magical, nice lighting for a simple shot.

That tree would definitely invite my kids in, they eat often enough to be hobbits!

Soft. My favourite subject, choccie's and a delicious Creme egg. The edited version is better.

Pride. Nice lighting again, running that far is certainly something to be proud of. I'd rather eat the Creme egg and watch nutters running!

Short straw, good interpretation of the theme but agree about the tight crop on the left. A darker background may improve things here too.

A great set so far for your 52, I'll try and keep up from here on in!

Thanks for all the feedback.....I might have another go at it, try another BG, see what it looks like(y)

'Short' - I really like this, nice colours focus and view point works very well for me and of course bang on theme! (y)

Nick

Hi Neil, I seem to have missed your thread too, sorry about that! Just had a look through your pictures, you have done very well so far, good luck with the rest of the project, subscribed now and I will be back. (y)

'Short' - I really like this, nice colours focus and view point works very well for me and of course bang on theme! (y)

Nick

thankyou very much:)

Back