weekly Kirkers1978 52/2012 - goodluck with ya 52's

Nice and crisp. Good lighting but my little girl would disagree with the magical theme as she KNOWS the tooth fairy is real! ;)

Right just playing catchup to get up to date now I've posted my Shiny late :( and still need to shoot my "magical".

Shiny All good shots but number one is the winner for sure, nice and tight crop works very well.

Magical - I like it but I can't decide if it looks either a little overexposed or just a little bit too cold?

Hi Neil

oooh...motorbikes....work for me...#1 , the more abstract of the harley's tank....LOVE IT :clap:

Magical....LOVE IT....simple , great lighting...good shot mister :clap:

'Shiny' - love it. You can't beat a Harley for a bit of chrome. Good capture !

'Magical' - Very nice focus and lighting. Bang on theme !

(y)

Nick

Right just playing catchup to get up to date now I've posted my Shiny late :( and still need to shoot my "magical".

Shiny All good shots but number one is the winner for sure, nice and tight crop works very well.

Magical - I like it but I can't decide if it looks either a little overexposed or just a little bit too cold?

Thanks Paul, as for magical I see what you mean, for some reason when i took the photo the colours where a little flat, just couldn't get it quite right:bonk:

Hi Neil

oooh...motorbikes....work for me...#1 , the more abstract of the harley's tank....LOVE IT :clap:

Magical....LOVE IT....simple , great lighting...good shot mister :clap:

Thanks Blondie, have to say not really a Harley fan, but they don't come any shinier than a Harley;)

Week 13 - Vice

This isn't what I had in mind, but I couldn't help but noticing this in the conservatory the other day!! Younger brother winding up his older sister....he found it very amusing!!!

Week 13 - Vice by kirkers1978, on Flickr

This one made me smile. Nice and bright. Believe me - the kids will "enjoy" winding each other up for years. :LOL:

Thanks Peter, does seem a very dark theme this week!! thought it would make a few people smile:)
plus I had no idea what to do!!

Great shot: colour for me too. She's a brave little doll to keep smiling (maybe she's into the whole S&M thing?!).

Colour version for me Neil... need to tighten it a bit more though to see if you get tears :D

Cheers Dk...bit tighter!! must say she doesn't look in any pain!!

LOL, I'd agree with DK on this one! Loving the idea!

Thanks Paul...had my boy to thank for this one..

Another one for the colour version
Bright bold colours look great
Well done and a good idea

Thanks Darren..not sure what one I prefer yet colour or B&W!!

Great shot: colour for me too. She's a brave little doll to keep smiling (maybe she's into the whole S&M thing?!).

Thanks Mark...think you're right, S&M...it takes all sorts!!!

'Vice' - nice photograph and the naivety of your children not knowing what the real horrors of vice can be, how refreshing. I like the childish bright colours in number 1 best.

As an adult concept, I think it's quite clever, albeit a little dark...

Nick

'Vice' - nice photograph and the naivety of your children not knowing what the real horrors of vice can be, how refreshing. I like the childish bright colours in number 1 best.

Nick

Nick

Thanks Nick, yup from an adult view, tis abit dark!!

very curious entrance, I like it :clap:

HI Neil

Hobbitts from you , fairies from others.....good lord you all have cracking imaginations :LOL:
Very unusual Entrance & well spotted ...not sure if it'd work better from a lower / different angle , maybe a bit of lighting in the centre ....I'm straining my eye's to see if anythings in there :thinking:
Certainly nice DOF & warm colors in the surrounds...that bit of holly needs to go (y)

very curious entrance, I like it :clap:

Thanks Summer..

Me too.(y)

Carol

Thanks Carol..
Curious indeed! on theme for sure.

I think though the lights very harsh in the shot and shooting earlier or later in the day would deepen the colours?

Hi Paul, yup was in the middle of the day!! very bright indeed..

HI Neil

Hobbitts from you , fairies from others.....good lord you all have cracking imaginations :LOL:
Very unusual Entrance & well spotted ...not sure if it'd work better from a lower / different angle , maybe a bit of lighting in the centre ....I'm straining my eye's to see if anythings in there :thinking:
Certainly nice DOF & warm colors in the surrounds...that bit of holly needs to go (y)

Hey Blondie, I never noticed that holly till now:wacky::bonk:

Entrance - Hey Neil... if it was a bit darker that would be damn scary, looks like it's going to eat me :O

Well spotted (y)

Hi Dk, it did look like it could eat ya:)

Hey Neil, I like your creative thinking behind the subject choice for entrance, can't beat a little imagination (y)
Very harsh light you've taken this in which might benefit from a revisit in softer light. There's a lot of detail in the tree to be brought out too, it makes for an interesting subject. I think a lower pov would also help the composition along, get down there in amongst the foliage :LOL: Or has your imagination got the better of you and you're wondering what creature lives in there. I understand if your scared ;):LOL:

Hi Neil, loving the Vice, thats very well thought out and the colour one is brill.

Entrance i can see your thinking, and its a very different entrance, the problem i have with this one is there doesn't appear to be anything to lead me in, i think it may work better with a lower POV as Iain as said and a really tight crop, perhaps from a not so central angle

Hey Neil, I like your creative thinking behind the subject choice for entrance, can't beat a little imagination (y)
Very harsh light you've taken this in which might benefit from a revisit in softer light. There's a lot of detail in the tree to be brought out too, it makes for an interesting subject. I think a lower pov would also help the composition along, get down there in amongst the foliage :LOL: Or has your imagination got the better of you and you're wondering what creature lives in there. I understand if your scared ;):LOL:

Hi Neil, loving the Vice, thats very well thought out and the colour one is brill.

Entrance i can see your thinking, and its a very different entrance, the problem i have with this one is there doesn't appear to be anything to lead me in, i think it may work better with a lower POV as Iain as said and a really tight crop, perhaps from a not so central angle

Thanks Iain & Liz,

yup lower POV would of been better, might go back another day and try a few other angles...

Nice setup there and certainly on theme with its soft centre, the pic looks sort of soft at the endges, almost like the egg has been frozen and has that light ice on it - difficult to explain but it struck me instantly ... if it was frozen then that's it :thinking:

Nice setup there and certainly on theme with its soft centre, the pic looks sort of soft at the endges, almost like the egg has been frozen and has that light ice on it - difficult to explain but it struck me instantly ... if it was frozen then that's it :thinking:

Hi Gramps, think I understand what you trying to say:thinking:
hmmm maybe not!!! :bonk:

Wow - Vice is a good spot (colour version as the B&W conversion adds nothing and indeed looses the vibrant toy colours).

Entrance - It looks scarry to me alomst like there are teeth in there.

Soft - Spot on and nicely done :)

Hi Neil, soft, well you're much better at set up shots than me. nice idea, and i think you've pulled it off

Back