weekly Kirkers1978 52/2012 - goodluck with ya 52's

Week 20 - Leave

Well thought I would take a ride up to my local race circuit today(Snetterton), see what was going on. The McLaren MP4 GT3 cars are up there testing. More of a bike nut my self but thought it would be good practice with the camera for the forth coming BSB round..took well over 600 photos!!!!

Anyway I got this car almost leaving the track!!!

I have no idea what else I could do for leave so this is it.....

Week 20 - Leave by kirkers1978, on Flickr

Good action shot though a little soft - I guess it's not so easy getting this type of shot, so well done.

Good action shot though a little soft - I guess it's not so easy getting this type of shot, so well done.

Thanks Gramps:)

Not easy at all. My action shots are all a little below par but fun to do. Just wonder whether the road at top should be cropped out - maybe more of a letter box shot?

600shots !!! - that's about 17 rolls of 36 exposure film! And all on a little memory card.

Thanks Alan, Thank god for digital!!! now working on the edit..

Hi Neil

Leave - Well caught shot, i'd be tempted to crop the distracting track at the top out too, I like the plume of dust it really adds to the Leave theme

Thanks Dk, pity he wasn't off the track completely!!

superpippo said:
Now that I do like (y)

Amazing how that crop has added to the dynamic movement. I didn't anticipate that

Thanks Alan, much improved with the crop.

Yes edit is less cluttered with angles.

:plus1: for the edit. I like the shot. It's even got a bit of a lead in line with the skid mark (stands back and waits for amusing comments with that remark)

Nice work Neil, the crop really helps draw the viewer in. I may have went a bit further with the crop and taken something off the right hand side, the car is a little central with not a lot happening on the right.
Bang on theme though and something a bit different on the theme. Iain

I like the pano version better by a large margin; really adds to the shot. Love it!

Yes edit is less cluttered with angles.

:plus1: for the edit. I like the shot. It's even got a bit of a lead in line with the skid mark (stands back and waits for amusing comments with that remark)

Good catch.

Excellent capture that and I do like the crop, really emphasizes the action.

'Leave' - nice edit and very topical. Crop has made a big difference. You have just gota love McLarens !

Nice work Neil, the crop really helps draw the viewer in. I may have went a bit further with the crop and taken something off the right hand side, the car is a little central with not a lot happening on the right.
Bang on theme though and something a bit different on the theme. Iain

Oh yes... MUCH better (y)

I like the pano version better by a large margin; really adds to the shot. Love it!

thanks for all the comments:)

I like that. The "win £10,000" thing on the right is a tiny bit distracting, especially as you didn't win (!), but that's not your fault :)

Very nicely exposed too, given the contrasty nature of the subject :)

Hi Neil,

Car's are not my thing but I have to say you've caught my interest with the edited shot. I like it alot. The smoke makes the shot for me, well done.

Random, good shot(y) Very nicely set up and shot, I think the win bit on the packet adds to the randomness of the shot...if you know what I mean?

Carol

very nice, I like the packet being upright :clap:

Random - bang on theme and does what it says on the tin (packet) !, good focus lighting and the detail in the padlock and that ilk (y)

Nick

Hi Neil,

I also prefer the second version of leave, much better.

Peter said 'skid mark' sniggers like Peter Griffin from Family Guy!

Random: it's the third shot of 'random' sweets I've seen! But I always say who cares that someone else has done the same idea/ subject, the photos are all different! All I want to do is eat these, drool, great colour throughout and lovely and sharp!

I like that. The "win £10,000" thing on the right is a tiny bit distracting, especially as you didn't win (!), but that's not your fault :)

Very nicely exposed too, given the contrasty nature of the subject :)

Hi Neil,

Car's are not my thing but I have to say you've caught my interest with the edited shot. I like it alot. The smoke makes the shot for me, well done.

Random, good shot(y) Very nicely set up and shot, I think the win bit on the packet adds to the randomness of the shot...if you know what I mean?

Carol

very nice, I like the packet being upright :clap:

Hi Neil, another randoms pic! A little more ordinary than mine lol. I like it, nice and crisp and great colours.

Hi Neil

Random - I too like the way you have set this up, nicely lit and good colours

Random - bang on theme and does what it says on the tin (packet) !, good focus lighting and the detail in the padlock and that ilk (y)

Nick

Good light on the Random photograph.

Cracking focussing and well exposed too. What did you light it with?

Home made light box!!!

Hi Neil,

I also prefer the second version of leave, much better.

Peter said 'skid mark' sniggers like Peter Griffin from Family Guy!

Random: it's the third shot of 'random' sweets I've seen! But I always say who cares that someone else has done the same idea/ subject, the photos are all different! All I want to do is eat these, drool, great colour throughout and lovely and sharp!

thanks all for the comments, been very busy of late, will try and get round your threads in next few days:)

Leave - Good take and the edit improves it immensely
Random - Great shot and echo what others have said about lighting and focus

Hi Neil

good to see you still with us & still posting great images (y)

Levae...just to be different I prefer the original shot for leave....love the dust plume , the thyre marks & that you can see where the track goes , action shots are not easy , I particularly struggle when shooting with vehicles going away from me so I think you've done really well :clap:

Random...2nd packet of these sweets I've seen....gonna have to find some & try them cos they look scrummy ...nice sharp shot , great exposure , colors & set up...:clap:

Leave - well captured, the edit works well

Random - as the others have said well lit and good focus!

Leave - Good take and the edit improves it immensely
Random - Great shot and echo what others have said about lighting and focus

Hi Neil

good to see you still with us & still posting great images (y)

Levae...just to be different I prefer the original shot for leave....love the dust plume , the thyre marks & that you can see where the track goes , action shots are not easy , I particularly struggle when shooting with vehicles going away from me so I think you've done really well :clap:

Random...2nd packet of these sweets I've seen....gonna have to find some & try them cos they look scrummy ...nice sharp shot , great exposure , colors & set up...:clap:

thanks for the comments.......yup still here Blondie...just!!

Week 22 - Temperature

Well with little time this week and people posting flames and recent weather related pics, thought I would post this!!! Caught this up at Snetterton at the weekend!!

Could say that his bike had overheated and got very hot, some extreme temperatures going on in his engine!!

Week 22 - Temperature by kirkers1978, on Flickr

roll on next week!!

Pity about the cropped wheel on the RHS but in the heat of the moment (forgive the pun) you've done well to capture the action. Nice and bright colours which have not been over saturated in the bright sun.

brilliant, love the action, I think the composition is just fine :clap:

Great capture. I agree about the cropped wheel, and yes it would be perfect if the riders werent dead centre, but then I'd hate to lose anything else from the frame. I'm guessing you had very little time to compose the shot, and think you've done remarkably well!

Back