weekly Kirkers1978 52/2012 - goodluck with ya 52's

'Flight' - I like it. Nice focus and good choice of DoF. Looks like you have some good piloting skills too to keep it hovering in the air unless it's all PP trickology, if it is you have done a cracking job because I can't tell the difference!

Nick

Does it for me. Fantastic idea and well shot or manipulated or both.

Hey Neil

Pride - Great to see personal items showing pride, nicely set up and nice and sharp !!!

Short - Like that idea, a little more space to the left would be good, but real nice colours and perspective... I'll go for the Green straw at 2:00 O'Clock :D

Flight - Love that :clap: Nice crop, like the chosen angle and the DOF is very effective - Great One !!!

Last edited:
Short - very nice. I had the same idea, but mine didn't work. Yours is great!

Flight, very good indeed. I'm confused about what I'm looking at, but it's a nice image :)

lovely buzz shot tho I agree with the comments about his head :)

:LOL: I said it would be Buzz!

What are the whirly things? Nice motion blur on them though. I think I'd like to see a little of Buzz's head, as he looks a bit like he's been decapitated at this angle:thinking:

Great idea though.

Hi Marsha, well I had to do it after seeing Rex!! the whirly things are his propellers, thats what makes him fly. I did have some head shots but they didn't look right, just didn't give the sense of flight...

'Flight' - I like it. Nice focus and good choice of DoF. Looks like you have some good piloting skills too to keep it hovering in the air unless it's all PP trickology, if it is you have done a cracking job because I can't tell the difference!

Nick

Hi Nick..to be honest there is only one bit of trickery, but buzz was flying there:D

Does it for me. Fantastic idea and well shot or manipulated or both.

Great idea for your flight shot.

Thanks glad you like it:)

Hey Neil

Pride - Great to see personal items showing pride, nicely set up and nice and sharp !!!

Short - Like that idea, a little more space to the left would be good, but real nice colours and perspective... I'll go for the Green straw at 2:00 O'Clock :D

Flight - Love that :clap: Nice crop, like the chosen angle and the DOF is very effective - Great One !!!

Cheers DK....have you got a thing for green?? green lippy, straw:thinking:

Short - very nice. I had the same idea, but mine didn't work. Yours is great!

Flight, very good indeed. I'm confused about what I'm looking at, but it's a nice image :)

super shot that, would like to see some of his head too, but definitely 10/10 for this.

Nice one. It definitely works but as others wonder whether seeing Buzz from the front may have improved. Nice lighting by the way.

lovely buzz shot tho I agree with the comments about his head :)

Thanks all for your comments......

Week 19 - Authority

Carrying on the Toy Story theme....Sherif Woody with a big gun!!!!

To be honest Im off on holiday tomorrow so just wanted to get something on before we go!!
It took 30 secs to set up, I took 3 shots and no editing at all!!

Apologise now for not keeping up with the forum this coming week....when ever I can I'll have a look on my phone......hope you all get something better than me!!

Week 19 - Authority by kirkers1978, on Flickr

Hi neil

seems i have a few to catch up on

Short bang on theme, its already been said about the crop

Flight - just loving Buzz

Authority - great take, like the POV and DOF

Well done for an amusing setup - have a great holiday (y)

Hi, Neil, a grown man playing with toys...I don't know :D

Flight works well. I like the POV. Just the BG take a lot away from it.

Authority, very funny. BG not too cluttered.

Enjoy your holiday....(y)

Hi neil

seems i have a few to catch up on

Short bang on theme, its already been said about the crop

Flight - just loving Buzz

Authority - great take, like the POV and DOF

Authority - Not bad mate considering the rush... Woody certainly seems to be commanding Authority :D good dof

Have a god break (y)

Well done for an amusing setup - have a great holiday (y)

Hi, Neil, a grown man playing with toys...I don't know :D

Flight works well. I like the POV. Just the BG take a lot away from it.

Authority, very funny. BG not too cluttered.

Enjoy your holiday....(y)

Thanks for the comments, very much a rush job.....looks like we got something in common Andy:D

Authority - Wish I could do a rush job than ended as good. Enjoy your break

I think I need to go shopping to get some figures for these themes!

A great shot for a rush job - I like the angle you have taken it at and the DOF.
Enjoy your holiday!:)

hi Neil

Short - agree with comments made about crop and shadow

Flight - clever idea very well executed. Spot on theme - real feeling of flight even tho we know that it is only a plastic model.

Authority - good idea. I like the set up, the pov and focus but feel that it would have worked a little better with just Woody and his 4 hostages. The other figures detract from the story. Not bad for your timing tho. I haven't posted for 3 weeks:(

Hi Neil

lol at Authority....good work for a rush job , good POV , nice use of DOF & great focus on Woody (y) enjoy your holiday mister :)

Hi Neil, I'm liking the continued Toy Story theme. Nice DOF with Woody being nice and sharp. I quitelike the additional characters, it's his back up squad although my REALLy minor picky point is the policeman is looking the wrong way, he needs to look left a touch.

I hope you're having a lovely holiday.

Have a good holiday Neil, catch up with you on your return. 'Authority' Good DoF and focus looks like some act of war crime is about to be committed ! - Nick

I think I need to go shopping to get some figures for these themes!

A great shot for a rush job - I like the angle you have taken it at and the DOF.
Enjoy your holiday!:)

Hi Sarah...yup these figures are handy(y)

Authority is all about the size of the gun :LOL: very good and flight too. ;)

hi Neil

Short - agree with comments made about crop and shadow

Flight - clever idea very well executed. Spot on theme - real feeling of flight even tho we know that it is only a plastic model.

Authority - good idea. I like the set up, the pov and focus but feel that it would have worked a little better with just Woody and his 4 hostages. The other figures detract from the story. Not bad for your timing tho. I haven't posted for 3 weeks:(

Hi Alan..thanks for your comments.....

you haven't posted for 3 weeks!! think I may not post this week, no idea what to do:thinking:

Hi Neil, I'm liking the continued Toy Story theme. Nice DOF with Woody being nice and sharp. I quitelike the additional characters, it's his back up squad although my REALLy minor picky point is the policeman is looking the wrong way, he needs to look left a touch.

I hope you're having a lovely holiday.

Hi Marsha, didn't even notice he was looking the wrong way:bang: was a rush;)

Back