Which weekend would you prefer

• Weekend commencing Friday 2nd October

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Weekend commencing Friday 9th October

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I suppose so :(

If I can work out the logistics it sounds good to me.

I'm sure we can arrange a pick up for you Steve, Carlisle, Penrith, Oxenholme, Lancaster are all doable.

OK, it is booked, sadly no discount as this only applies if you join at the same time as booking but its still as cheap as chips for the Lakes.

The CMS has paid a deposit and the remainder is due on the 14th August. When I get a minute later I'll PM everyone with details of how you can reimburse the Bank of Grant with your own personal deposits to secure a place.

Cheers

Andy

Oh and we have exclusive use of the property from Friday 9th October at 16.00 until Monday 12th October at 12.00.

Last edited:
Thanks for organising Andy and the CMS, I just need to plan my trip either side of it.

I don't believe I've just done this:confused:

@ Yv Thanks to Yvs Taxis :D offering to chauffer me between Luton and Cumbria, I'm booked on a flight just so that I can bring some Mediternean sunshine with me again to ensure you guys get the best out of the Lakes

I've yet to sort a hotel at Luton Airport for the nights of thurs 7th and monday 12th so if anyone has any recommendations or links to somewhere ( cheap as poss) then any help will be appreciated.

@Andysnap Andy, please put me down as a definite ....Like the others, I have no problem sorting a deposit, just let me know how much, when etc.

And of course, many thanks to yourself and your good lady for sorting accomodation(y)

Just a point of order - you could tie the sun to the back of the plane but it still won't make it to Cumbria in October. :LOL:

Sounds like I need to get stocked up with Ilford Delta 3200 if it's gunna be that grey:crying: :D

October? Come on the light can be truly stunning, beautiful in a way no Midi light can! :)

Plus we shouldn't have to get up shortly after going to bed to get sunrise photos. Though maybe hoping for good sunsets would be more practical if we're in the lakes with access to good beer ;)

Plus we shouldn't have to get up shortly after going to bed to get sunrise photos. Though maybe hoping for good sunsets would be more practical if we're in the lakes with access to good beer ;)

There will be no drinking on my shift..... I don't agree with it.

Well maybe just a small sherry then. :beer:

There will be no drinking on my shift..... I don't agree with it.

Well maybe just a small sherry then. :beer:

Bl**dy good job I'm coming along then innit ......to keep you lot "in order"!:bat::D

EDIT - Attendees

OK here's the list so far, please feel free to correct me where necessary

Definites and Probables
Andysnap + The CMS
Raglansurf
Raathistle
Strappy + Mrs Strappy
Woody and Nicci
Chris R (possibly plus Mrs Chris)
Yv

Possibles.
Asha

Please let me know if you want moving from one list to another.
Ta
Andy

@Andysnap ^^^^Your slacking in your duties young man! ^^^^ :p

Oops....:coat:

Bump... And pm sent.

Done too

Done, currently as for 2, just in case!

Okay things have settled down a bit and it looks like I'll be around come October so pass acquired and I'm basically in. Before I book train tickets can I just check I'll be able to grab a lift to and from Penrith? I'm thinking of grabbing the train after work for a early evening arrival and heading back Sunday afternoon, 3-4 ish?

I'm in btw, forgot to say in here, money sent last week :D
Phew! What à relief to know that! .....It'd be me packing à wig 'n skirt to get oop norf otherwise :D

Okay things have settled down a bit and it looks like I'll be around come October so pass acquired and I'm basically in. Before I book train tickets can I just check I'll be able to grab a lift to and from Penrith? I'm thinking of grabbing the train after work for a early evening arrival and heading back Sunday afternoon, 3-4 ish?
I'm pretty sure somebody will be passing at an opportune moment, we won't leave you sitting there with your thumb out, only @Asha has to do that.

Excellent news Steve. I'm sure we can get you to and from the station with no problems.

Andy

I'm pretty sure somebody will be passing at an opportune moment, we won't leave you sitting there with your thumb out, only @Asha has to do that.
:( .....huh, mite o' known i cud rely on you to leave me in the s***...oops, stranded:p. Anyhow, i've got my very own personal Mod @ Yv to chauffeur me around, so there! :D :D

Back