Leeds to Scarborough as the crow flies. Marker 3 photographs added.

Appreciate the nudge (y)
Well.. I saw you do it in Rob's thread and thought.. "Hang on a minute, didn't Andy have a project.. ..?" :D

I have to say, I rather naively thought I'd turn up at the specific point and there would be an amazing photographic opportunity. That simply has not happened.

With a project like this, which is conceptually based, photographing whatever is at each location, no matter crap it seems, is still worthwhile. You have to put the notion of making 'stunning photographs' to one side. When all the results are put together what looked boring can become interesting in combination. But if you are expecting to make pretty pictures everywhere disillusionment is guaranteed.

Don't give up!!! :)

With a project like this, which is conceptually based, photographing whatever is at each location, no matter crap it seems, is still worthwhile. You have to put the notion of making 'stunning photographs' to one side. When all the results are put together what looked boring can become interesting in combination. But if you are expecting to make pretty pictures everywhere disillusionment is guaranteed.

Don't give up!!! :)

Appreciate the encouragement. Yeah, the 'stunning photographs' mentality is hard to over come.

I won't be giving up (y)

Cheers.

'ell's teeth....long time no post.

I've actually liked the 'slow burn' project. Just researching a site to get out to today. Hopefully, it's go well and form part of my project :)

Cheers.

OK, soooo, my original idea was to photograph some slurry pits near Thorpe Arch Estate (as you do :)). Street View didn't get me close enough and I thought I could see an opening.

Nope.

Walked around most of the perimeter, but no luck. I can see why it's not accessible, so not too frustrated.

On walking there I saw what appeared to be some kind of vent on the floor. It really caught my eye because it was quite out of place. I Noted it.

Then walked on and saw a isolated daisy. Thinking back to some photographs I took some time ago, the word Similar sprang to mind. Now the photographs I took, on the beach at Spurn Point, are nothing special, but I was drawn to how much they looked like flowers. Linky For reference only.

I really enjoyed this trip. Relaxed. Letting the project some to me, so to speak.

Cheers all.

Marker 3. Similars by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Whatever happened to this project? Living in Leeds it was of interest to me. However I could see how it could get quite expensive going out further and further each time.

Whatever happened to this project? Living in Leeds it was of interest to me. However I could see how it could get quite expensive going out further and further each time.

Yikes. Last post September 2017

I did another 2 trips but they didn’t work out so I parked the project for a while. It was always a slow burner

Cheers

Back