Name
dave
Edit My Images
Yes
My latest macro project...a dumbel. I created this from a stack of 34 images. Pretty happy with how this turned out but I am going to revisit the subject as I think there is more I can do with it.

17626419_492460197810057_9163770305739815005_n.jpg

That's a lot of work! It looks fairly black on my screen with only small areas of detail. I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to show the viewer, as I wouldn't recognise it as dumbbells, and it's not really an abstract either? Is it part of a panel perhaps?

The detailed areas are lovely and sharp though :)

I don't get it!

If this is a documentation, I failed to recognize what it is.
If it has an abstract artistic intent, I failed to appreciate its
design, or graphic interest.

Sorry for the late reply, not been to good the last few days :(

That's a lot of work! It looks fairly black on my screen with only small areas of detail. I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to show the viewer, as I wouldn't recognise it as dumbbells, and it's not really an abstract either? Is it part of a panel perhaps?

The detailed areas are lovely and sharp though

It wasn't to bad to be honest, more fiddly than anything as you have to be so careful when moving the focus point. If you you miss a bit you end up with an area of blur in an otherwise sharp image, and then you have to start all over again :( I intended it to be quite black, but I had to make it blacker than I would like because I had a strange halo around the dumbell when I had finished stacking the images together. I admit, its not quite there yet, this was more of a test shot, to see how the object would look and I will probably start experimenting a bit more with it.

I don't get it!

If this is a documentation, I failed to recognize what it is.
If it has an abstract artistic intent, I failed to appreciate its
design, or graphic interest.

;) I admit this isn't quite there yet, I usually experiment quite a lot with an object. Sometimes it can take a few hours to get a decent result or a whole day or days and this is still at the not sure yet stage.

I think as it's black on black I'd use some form of backlighting/darkfield lighting to add some light to the outline. Would instantly make it more recognisable too I'd have thought.

Back