weekly Major's 52 - 2017. Updated - week 3

Thank you Tim ;).

I helped him to pop out a little as I took his mum with us as the assistant :). She held snap head with trigger, flash and brolly attached as well as watched out for any oncoming traffic ;)

Good take on progress, I might have tried to loose the house roofs in the background but a good take.

Nice butterfly shots, good to catch them in flight and bang on theme for graceful

Certainly hairy, what animal is it from?
I like the curved shape and the light, dark combination and that nice bit of light across the top and left hand side.

Thank you gents :).

It's tail of young akita female. She used to be in our care and now came to kennels as a guest :). I was gutted when she was gone, probably spent with her more time than my boss would like me to, but she is lovely dog. I'll post her full picture later. so you can see that amazing facve.

Progress - Very happy looking boy there great choice for the theme
Hairy - very hairy indeed right on theme.

Hi Tomasz ... am I the only one who can't see many of you pictures? ... on the main thread and/or this thread, most odd. o_O

Hi Tom, welcome along and I see you're off to a really good start with your themes so far.

My favourites are Power, which is a good take on the theme and captured nicely with control of the highlights, Mineral for the reflection and lovely purples, Progress for the great, proud smile on your little lad's face, and Hairy for the colours and textures in the coat. I would love to see a photo of the whole dog :)

Good luck with the rest of your 52 (y)

Hi Tom,
It's a tail, not sure I would have guessed and certainly wouldn't have guessed the species.
A nice example of shallow DoF, with the highlights controlled well enough to keep all of the details in the whites :)
The detail is lost in the shadow, but as that's OOF, it doesn't make any odds.

Back