weekly Mandy's first 52 challenge 2014 week 52 added and all finished now

Name
Mandy
Edit My Images
Yes
I am doing a 365 as well but I do love hard work and a challenge so I thought I'd come along and join in the fun and do this as well.

Bonus round-Odd
Week 1 - Linear / Lines
Week 2 - Play
Week 3 - Close
Week 4 - Bubble
Week 5 - Smoke/Smoky
Week 6 - Mineral
Week 7 - Sense
Week 8 - Ending
Week 9 - Positive
Week 10 - Time
Week 11 - Re shoot - swirl
Week 12 - Linked
Week 13 - Step
Week 14 - Nature / Natural
Week 15 - Action
Week 16 - Mono
Week 17 - Twisted
Week 18 - Fresh
Week 19 - Shape
Week 20 - Number/Numbers - Re shoot
Week 21 - Strong/Strength
Week 22 - Texture
Week 23 - Wild
Week 24 - Dream/Dreamy
Week 25 - vertical
Week 26 - Yum
Week 27 - Loud
Week 28 - Rich/Re shoot
Week 29 - Skill
Week 30 - Half
Week 31 - Architectural
Week 32 - Promise
Week 33 - Sharp
Week 34 - Pure
Week 35 - Sparkle
Week 36 - Fall
Week 37 - Communicate
Week 38 - Dark
Week 39 - Big
Week 40 - Cut
Week 41 - Balance
Week 42 - Change
Week 43 - Re shoot - Grow
Week 44 - Live
Week 45 - First
Week 46 - Smooth
Week 47 - Attached
Week 48 - Energy
Week 49 - Round
Week 50 - Nonsense
Week 51 - Extravagant
Week 52 - Support

Last edited:
I am doing a 365 as well but I do love hard work and a challenge so I thought I'd come along and join in the fun and do this as well.

:wave: And you still have all that time on your hands to spend in the WIIT :D Good Luck (y)

Last edited:
Yayyyyy...another girlie....welcome to nut house Mandy (y)

Thanks very much I do agree with you, I was aiming for a colour shot but I don't think I got the focus spot on with my 400d so had to turn it to b/w. I thought odd buttons would be a good starting point.

And they are, good idea Mandy (y) A colour version would have been good though :)

Maybe a shot from above or a tighter crop would have picked the bigger button out a little better, really like the take on the theme:clap:

Nice image, I also agree that the large button need to be less dark but I think that been covered enough already. I like the composition, there is something ODD-ly pleasing about the way they are arranged. My only other critique is the unevenness of the background. I can see a few creases in the top right and top left quarters, It doesn't ruin the image though, I'm just nit picking because it is otherwise a really good shot.

I look forward the the rest of you shots :)

Nice image, I also agree that the large button need to be less dark but I think that been covered enough already. I like the composition, there is something ODD-ly pleasing about the way they are arranged. My only other critique is the unevenness of the background. I can see a few creases in the top right and top left quarters, It doesn't ruin the image though, I'm just nit picking because it is otherwise a really good shot.

I look forward the the rest of you shots :)

Thanks for the comments yes I agree it's my rather thin background insert for my light tent, thought about ironing it but knowing my luck I'd melt it.

Thanks for the comments yes I agree it's my rather thin background insert for my light tent, thought about ironing it but knowing my luck I'd melt it.

Mandy, I use a piece of large, thin white card, bought from The range, 50p :D

Biggest problem is finding somewhere to keep it flat and clean when its not being used

I was thinking yesterday, I might go buy a black piece, it could well come in usefully during the TP52 challenge :)

Mandy, I use a piece of large, thin white card, bought from The range, 50p :D

Biggest problem is finding somewhere to keep it flat and clean when its not being used

I was thinking yesterday, I might go buy a black piece, it could well come in usefully during the TP52 challenge :)

I have plenty of card that's lovely and flat just never thought to use it.

Last edited:
Hi Mandy, i am sure you are sick of hearing it but its a touch dark and so lacks definition between the buttons
colour version may well be better, nice idea though (y)

Hi Mandy

all has been mentioned ( yet again I'm late of the blocks with commenting !) so I'll not repeat what's been said , but a good start missus :)

I reckon I have the same light tent as you....I iron the inserts by laying a damp tea towel over them as I have been know to burn the odd thing in my time :D

Hi Mandy

all has been mentioned ( yet again I'm late of the blocks with commenting !) so I'll not repeat what's been said , but a good start missus :)

I reckon I have the same light tent as you....I iron the inserts by laying a damp tea towel over them as I have been know to burn the odd thing in my time :D

Thanks for dropping by yes I think I need to have a go at it, and my light tent was a good by under a tenner from eBay.

Good stuff Mandy. like the way you've used a mixture of small and large buttons too. The border works well here though not sure on the syle of border used. Good start and look forward to seeing more :)

Hi Mandy - Welcome to the 52 :)

Liking your first image, all crit has been covered by others and yourself re the big button, So I'll just say looking forward to seeing what you come up with next week (y)

Thanks for taking the time to view and comment.

Good stuff Mandy. like the way you've used a mixture of small and large buttons too. The border works well here though not sure on the syle of border used. Good start and look forward to seeing more :)

Thanks for the comments.

Very nice start, but tend to agree that it is a little under exposed. Good idea though.

Well i am not at my best at the moment i have a nasty cold/flu thing but despite this i went out today with my camera to see what i could find for the theme Line/Linear. After walking a round snapping at a few things i thought might be good i have settled on this image pp wise processed in light room very little done to it b&w conversion a little clarity and sharpening boost and i had a little play with vignetting effects. I know i could probably do way much better than this but with being under the weather my mind has turned to mush at the moment.

Week 1 Line/ Linear

Line
by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr

I like the texture, but I'm not keen on the framing. I have a nasty cold too, fortunately for me it meant I was awake to get my image and not too ill to process it etc. Good job still getting the picture done with flu though, I think you have it worse than me.

Hi, I like the composition of this with the white line off centre, not sure about the highlight vignetting in the corners though, but that's just a personal preference.

A bit Marmite for me - sorry - I think it may have been more effective taken portrait format - and also not keen on the rounded corner thing going on - but on the whole pretty good and a good candidate for a B&W conversion.

Last edited:
The image is good Mandy :) Sorry, I'm not a lover of the rounded corners look.

I was going to suggest getting down lower may have looked better, but the floor is very wet, so not a good idea if your full of cold :(

Good job getting out with your camera when your full of cold. I like the gritty urban look to this, I think a lower angle looking further down the road may improve it slightly but nonetheless good shot well done!

I like the texture, but I'm not keen on the framing. I have a nasty cold too, fortunately for me it meant I was awake to get my image and not too ill to process it etc. Good job still getting the picture done with flu though, I think you have it worse than me.

Thanks for the comments I do appreciate them, I think I am on my way to a bad chest infection with the way things feel :(.

Hi, I like the composition of this with the white line off centre, not sure about the highlight vignetting in the corners though, but that's just a personal preference.

Thank you I was at least aiming for that so I could include the edge off the kerb.

A bit Marmite for me - sorry - I think it may have been more effective taken portrait format - and also not keen on the rounded corner thing going on - but on the whole pretty good and a good candidate for a B&W conversion.

Thank you sarah for your comments have taken them onboard I had a a feeling it would be a marmite image. Hopefully I will be better for week 2's theme.

The image is good Mandy :) Sorry, I'm not a lover of the rounded corners look.

I was going to suggest getting down lower may have looked better, but the floor is very wet, so not a good idea if your full of cold :(

Thank you for your kind comments I had thought about doing that but I was not wearing waterproof trousers at the time, and it's rather a busy main road that people fly up and down.

I will try harder for week 2

Back