weekly Mark's 2020 TP 52 Challenge Week 27 - Week 30 Added

Well on the Week 17 and I'm still here!

I did think of using my 2 classic Minis but time/weather and events mean that you've been spared that!

Taken when I walked down to do my weekly shop.

They all have more then 1 brick in them :LOL::exit: sorry they all have more then 1 window...

I really struggled to decided between 1 and 2 for the main thread

WEEK 17 MORE THAN 1 2 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 17 MORE THAN 1 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 17 MORE THAN 1 3 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 17 MORE THAN 1 4 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 17 MORE THAN 1 5 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to use this archive image as a very big shoehorn This is/was my Nan at her 90th Birthday meal 5 years ago. I know it's not perfect I had one particularly very rude judge tell me it was rubbish when he came to reviews images for the PAGB I want to achieve.

It's shoehorn because there was only one of my Nan and she was incredible so independent at nearly 95.

090 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

The first window shot works for me a little less road and a bit more space above the windows would help though, the second one is a bit skewed maybe the angle it was shot at

The first window image is the best IMO The B&W conversion suits it well (y)

I thought the first window shot was good, and then I really liked the second. Very hard to choose. I think the first is probably best but I really like the colours and composition of the second, though as @Allan.H mentioned, it's very slightly skewed (nothing by my own standards this week though :LOL: ).

Lovely shot of your Nan - so sorry to hear your news. Treasure the happy memories.

Definitely #1 - great symmetry and nice mono conversion.
Lovely pic of you Nan, she very much looks like an independent character. So sorry for your loss.

A nice set Mark and I prefer the first too. The mono processing suits it.

Lovely pic of your Nan. My condolences to you all.

Last edited:
Hi Mark, just some brief feedback from me as I'm so far behind with commenting, but your stand-out images for me in recent weeks are the dogs hurtling towards you in your first Fence(d) image, the colourful selection of images for Flora and especially the huge red one, the monochrome image for Time, which has great perspective and leading lines, the third Initial M image because it shows off the lovely Mini lines, and definitely the first image of the windows - the stark B&W really suits the subject.

Lovely photo of your Nan - a face full of character and hopefully you all have lots of great memories of her,

I thought the first window shot was good, and then I really liked the second. Very hard to choose. I think the first is probably best but I really like the colours and composition of the second, though as @Allan.H mentioned, it's very slightly skewed (nothing by my own standards this week though :LOL: ).

Lovely shot of your Nan - so sorry to hear your news. Treasure the happy memories.

Thank you I will nots of happy memories.

Ah, Windows... I thought you were being clever catching more than 1 car through the arches (using the arches as a leading line).
At least, that ws my take on it. I like it.

Cheers Tim I never thought of the cars!!:eek:

Hi Mark, just some brief feedback from me as I'm so far behind with commenting, but your stand-out images for me in recent weeks are the dogs hurtling towards you in your first Fence(d) image, the colourful selection of images for Flora and especially the huge red one, the monochrome image for Time, which has great perspective and leading lines, the third Initial M image because it shows off the lovely Mini lines, and definitely the first image of the windows - the stark B&W really suits the subject.

Lovely photo of your Nan - a face full of character and hopefully you all have lots of great memories of her,

Thank you for taking the time to vcomment on me i ages Andrea I really appreciate it.

Right so on to Music

My first thought was my Guitar but as a few images of Guitars popped up quickly I then thought I've got my Clarinet and Sax in the loft I'll get those out...... Then I looked in the loft and though sod that!!:eek::eek::eek:

So I decided to go and photograph a very well known (around here anyway) second hand record shop in one of the less desirable part of town!! Luckily it was in walking distance so I could get my daily exercise at the same time.

WEEK 18 MUSIC 5 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 18 MUSIC by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 18 MUSIC-4 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

And an image from my 2016 52

TOPICAL6 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

The B&W vs Colour shots are *really* different.
I like B&W, but the #1 colour shot is the one for me.
I know it says 1977, but with those colours (and her outfit) it feels 50s.
(Though London Calling doesn't quite fit with 50s ;) )

Nice to see an actual record shop spent most of my youth inside them, I think the first one works really well

The B&W vs Colour shots are *really* different.
I like B&W, but the #1 colour shot is the one for me.
I know it says 1977, but with those colours (and her outfit) it feels 50s.
(Though London Calling doesn't quite fit with 50s ;) )

Thanks Tim I wanted to colours to look older and dated I was hoping for a more 70's feel but this was the best I cold get it.

That looks good especially on Flickr with a black background. I think I could spend a few hours poking around in the stock.

Thanks Clive not been in for a while once they reopen I think I will have t have a wonder back that way.

So it's on to Week 19 and Colourful I had all sorts of ideas most of which were done be by others before I had chance so I ended up waiting until it got dark and enlisted the help of my brother ..........

WEEK 19 COLOIRFUL-8 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 19 COLOIRFUL-9 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 19 COLOIRFUL-14 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 19 COLOIRFUL-7 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 19 COLOIRFUL-6 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 19 COLOIRFUL-3 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

And a backup just incase....

WEEK 19 COLOIRFUL by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Back