weekly Martin80 52 for 2013 Movement & Below

Week 19: Vertical

Thanks for looking.

8734496837_c18b5c18ec_c.jpg

Hi Martin

Vertical...beautiful image , processing works really well ( I'm a sucker for sc'ing in this type of shot) & I like the low POV...good work mister :clap:

Kind...ooooh Rolo's....good use of DOF & perfect focus on the rolo...would have preferred a plain base though...just a personal thing

Very powerful and for me the selective colouring adds a lot to this image.

Week 19 Reshoot: Space

Taken in the Peak District on Thursday evening.

8746441175_a3fb36b280_c.jpg

Last edited:
Vertical, I can't add to what has already been said so I'll just say nice shot (y)

Space: I really get the feeling of space from this so mission accomplished as far as the theme goes (y). I have to agree with Lynne though, the white balance does seem a little bit cold.

HI Martin

Space reshoot...yup , fabulous view & right on them , lovely muted tones & a cracking sky :clap:

Seems to have a blue cast ? could just be my netbook screen though :thinking:

Vertical, I can't add to what has already been said so I'll just say nice shot (y)

Space: I really get the feeling of space from this so mission accomplished as far as the theme goes (y). I have to agree with Lynne though, the white balance does seem a little bit cold.

Cracking reshoot. Good detail in the sky. Des looks tad cool, though.

Cheers.

I agree about the cool tone to the shot. It was a strange light on the night (poet as well). I've even warmed it up a little but didn't want to do too much as I rather like the cold feel to it. Wasn't too keen on the cold feeling taking it though, it was freezing.

Space reshoot - Love this, nice composition and tones. I would be happy to have this on my wall

Week 20 Pattern:

This is the corn exchange building in Leeds. I've always thought it has some nice patterns in it.

8614725646_e39bab8c69_c.jpg

Last edited:
Rustic: Like this!

Kind: not sure about this. I don't care about the crowbar (!), but the top of the rollo is just going soft, and I'm not dazzled by the composition either.

Vertical: now this really does work. Very much like the selective colour treatment, too.

Space reshoot: not sure about the foreground. Somehow seems to lack definition. But loving the background.

Pattern... can't see it, sorry! (No image)

Last edited:
First time here for me

Pattern .. that a great shot the pattern comes all the way down from the roof and the B&W give is that old feeling ( may need to take a trip upto Leeds and have a walk round)

Great shot of the corn exchange. Love the symmetry and the patterns. Perhaps could do with a little bit more contrast?

Hi all,

Bit of a catch up as ive been a bit AWOL recently. Just got back from holiday.
Anyway here goes.....

Movement

Caught this light trail unintentionally on Pateley Bridge high street.

Incase anyone is interested, the sweet shop in the foreground is the oldest sweet shop in England, so they say.

9014159932_d50138b9bd_c.jpg

Below

Walking along the side of this hill at sunset i noticed a nice view over the valley BELOW, mmm where did i put that crowbar?

9048009593_bcf9340d66_c.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Martin :)

Movement - For an unintentional shot that very nice... unusual to just see headlights and no tail lights, but it looks real nice with the old buildings :)

Below - Not that crowbarred... nice colour to the sky, nice bluebells, foreground interest, looks very nice on flickr :)

movement, nice light trails and I like the star effect on the street lights too

below - nice bit of HDR, in two minds whether I think the rock is over dominating a bit. I've tried the HDR malarkey and really can't get anywhere near this good...need to study more I guess!

Thank you Mr Knight.

movement, nice light trails and I like the star effect on the street lights too

below - nice bit of HDR, in two minds whether I think the rock is over dominating a bit. I've tried the HDR malarkey and really can't get anywhere near this good...need to study more I guess!

Thanks mate. It's not
actually a HDR but I have brought as much range as I can out of it by bringing down the highlights and opening the shadows. Had to underexposed it to save the sky as I forgot to take my grads :bang:

Last edited:
'Ello, Movement, nice one. Pity you didn't get some reds in there but (y) for catching it. I've been in that sweet shop :cautious:

Below, well, sometimes you happen across as a photograph. Some nice detail in there and well composed. Some halos around threes, though.

Cheers.

i like the Movement pic don't mind the lack of red light it makes it look odd in a good way (y)
Well crow barred in foreground is nice but the sky looks a bit odd on the horizon and round the trees, maybe its opening the shadows :thinking:

i like the Movement pic don't mind the lack of red light it makes it look odd in a good way (y)
Well crow barred in foreground is nice but the sky looks a bit odd on the horizon and round the trees, maybe its opening the shadows :thinking:

'Ello, Movement, nice one. Pity you didn't get some reds in there but (y) for catching it. I've been in that sweet shop :cautious:

Below, well, sometimes you happen across as a photograph. Some nice detail in there and well composed. Some halos around threes, though.

Cheers.

Cheers fellas, having looked again it does look a bit odd. Will need to go back and look at this again I think. Seem to remember I was in a little bit of a rush when developing this. Schoolboy error!!

Movement I really like, it's nice to see a good scene in a light trails shot, too many have nothing of interest other than the trails, so well done.

Below, you have done a good job of this technically and I can see what you were doing but the scene has no real interest for me I'm sorry to say.

Hi Martin

Well caught with the light trail , seems to suit the setting of an old fashioned street , make a change to just see headlights...like it (y)

Below...crowbar or not I quite like that , can't see the haloing mentioned by others but only viewing on netbook. Lovely detail in the carpet of blue flowers & lovely tones in the sunset...yeah...cracking shot mister :clap:

Hi Martin

Well caught with the light trail , seems to suit the setting of an old fashioned street , make a change to just see headlights...like it (y)

Below...crowbar or not I quite like that , can't see the haloing mentioned by others but only viewing on netbook. Lovely detail in the carpet of blue flowers & lovely tones in the sunset...yeah...cracking shot mister :clap:

Sorry I was going to mention but only just got round to it that i have had a play around with it to try and reduce the haloing so it's not so noticeable. Thanks for the comments.

Movement: Beautiful shot, even if unintentional!

Below: Another beauty even if you think you have used a crowbar, though i think it fits in.

Movement: Beautiful shot, even if unintentional!

Below: Another beauty even if you think you have used a crowbar, though i think it fits in.

Thanks Lisa

Back