weekly Martin80 52 for 2013 Movement & Below

Wow, smashing photo there martin, I can't see the connection with the theme though :thinking: ;)

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Tacky works really well for me and a cracking idea. Nice detail and composition. I'd prefer they didn't run off the photograph.

Cheers.

This one made me smile when I saw it.

Nice composition and nice detail on that first tack. (y)

A literal but fun take on the theme Martin.
Nice even lighting on the tacks, I particularly like the recession through the frame with the chosen dof. Good work (y)

Tacky, nice subject and suits B&W but agree with Andy about them running off the side.

Week 14: Value

Slightly tenuous link to the theme from me this week but being out in the Yorkshire Dales at sunrise, for me, is priceless.

8629495754_ed0dba324c_c.jpg

Great photo Martin, I'm heading up to Ingleton in Yorkshire later this year. Will get up early and head out to hopefully catch a picture like this.

Have a great time. You won't be stuck for things to shoot around Ingleton.

Last edited:
I'm not really into the sunrise / sunset thing but..... that is stunning Martin. Love it. Great colours and composition.

In fact, i've had to look again. Now that's an image to be proud of. Would look good enlarged, framed and displayed.

Ingleton...been there a few times and it's a cracking location.

As you say the link is tenuous, but the themes are often personal. It's a well composed and exposed photograph; but in reality, it's the colour from the setting sun that's the main element.

Cheers.

lovely shot there - with great colours in the sky, and a lovely building for foreground interest.

Think a tenuous link to the theme can be allowed every so often..

Just had a look through your entire thread Martin and you have some great shots in there. Especially the landscapes which really do work very well.

I appreciate the value of a good landscape - who cares how tenuous it is :) I take things like a good view totally for granted, so it works for me!

Ian.

Crowbarred into the theme Martin :LOL: but I, like the others above agree, it doesn't matter as its your 52 (y)

Lovely colour tones in there, you've done a great job capturing the scene. Composition spot on, exposure spot on, holding the detail in the stonework of the building. Great work all round (y)

A really nice picture with a strong composition and the theme is always a personal thing

Hi ya

Tacky....can't really add to whats been said already...great use of DOF , lovely lighting (y)

Value...lovely capture & beautiful colors......really really like this shot :clap: minor niggle for me & it may be my monitor but there seems to be some banding in the sky ?

Value - Nice shot Martin, sure it's a bit of a reach from the theme POV, but you've justified it and it is a cracker of a shot! Nice work! (y)

Value...very nice sun rise, it fits the theme for me as I don't think many of see enough of them.

Martin, that Tacky shot is lovely, the focus on the front ones and receding OOF is lovely. And as others have said, the imperfections make it... perfect!

Value... that's a great shot, and I don't think it's crowbarred into the theme at all! Your explanation is perfect, and you could also see an anti-capitalist subtext in that roofless building being so beautiful when we all live in such tacky boxes in comparison (well, I do!).

Week 15: Greed

8673415170_dd8d07a26f_z.jpg

Week 16: Angles

This is the Cheese-grater building in Sheffield. It seems to split opinion with the locals, some like it, some hate it.

8224298231_26e64a0632_z.jpg

Last edited:
the cheese grater building is a great capture I don't know the building but it looks fascinating.

nice pic :clap::clap:
would love to see a bigger version

When I saw your Greed shot I thought it was value....seeing as I had to put in diesel at 1.51 at a service station the other day :(
Anyhow I like it on the whole, but not sure about the colour/tone

angle, glad you told me what it was, the monochrome style works well.

Greed indeed and what a sky :clap:

Angles, well, I think it's a cracking building. It has a very abstract feel to it. I thinks it does work well, but I might like to see some of the building as well.

Cheers.

Greed....Nice idea, pity it doesn't show the price of V-Power as that is greed, the sky is perfect for the subject.

Angle....Perfect for the theme and suits the B&W, very modern for Sheffield.

Week 17 Rustic: This is the entrance to Pontefract Castle.

8703429552_ff4dcbddcb_c.jpg

I love the strong colour and it is spot on for the theme too.

Liking the detail and 'starburst' streetlights ( is this done by a long exposure?)
Cant make up my mind about the light colour though.

Liking the detail and 'starburst' streetlights ( is this done by a long exposure?)
Cant make up my mind about the light colour though.

Hi, it was about 20 secs at f/16 if memory serves me right. Smaller the appeture the more of a star burst effect you will get.

My only minor niggle is bloody double yellow lines, why can't they put up sympathetic signs to the area that blend in :bang:

(y)

Week 18 Kind
You`d have to be pretty kind to consider giving this away.

8717225844_12144e40b9_z.jpg

Good idea. I have to say I'm Impressed with the range of ideas. Well composed and nice splash of red. I think I would work as well with just the Rolo.

Hope you didn't eat it yourself :bat:

Cheers.

Good idea, I like your thinking...
Nice crisp focus there Martin. Rollo looks a bit battered, but then it is the last one!
Well done.

Back