weekly Martin80 52 for 2013 Movement & Below

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to drop in on my thread, really looking forward to the challenge. All constructive comments welcomed, ill try and get round all the other threads at some point to offer some encouragement.

Week 1: Sin

Apologies, i know it has already been done.

8368344846_f543ce191d_z.jpg

Week 2: Season

The aim of the shot was to show the difference a season can make to a local park. Turning it from a busy summer venue for picnics, fisherman, rowing boats etc to a deserted bleak looking place in winter.

8381163320_ce527f8759_z.jpg

Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Last edited:
Hi, Martin and welcome aboard (y)

Liking Sin. Nice moody red and I especially like how the bit has a ripped feel. Bit dark for me and fatigue means I can't make out the writing on the apple.

Season, is on theme and has a tranquil feel to it. B&W works well and, for me, the DOF is to on. Nice smattering of snow as well. I know there was nowt you could do about it but pity the chair is on a slant.

Good start.

Cheers.

Hi Martin - welcome to the forum, and the 52's :wave:

Sin - I like the brightness of the skin, but would prefer a slightly deeper DoF so the stalk and some flesh was sharp, other than that the text is a good idea and a good dark background :)

Season - Nice processing, liking the chosen DoF and the way the path sweeps across the image - Nice One (y)

(108th entrant now added to the spreadsheet)

I really like the composition of the Season photo and the slight bit of snow finishes off the photo :)

looks a very cold and unfriendly place to sit fits the theme well only thing is the bench not being straight nothing you could do about that though

A great start Martin. I do like the way the apple looks as though it wasn't bitten. It's an interesting interpretation. As Andy said - I can't make out the writing either.

Season also does the job well. Nice strong lines running through the image. Personally I would prefer a tad more space the the left hand side of the bench but that's just me.

A good start!

Ian.

The park shot is clean and crisp. very nice.

I can't help but wonder if having a wider POV with the focus on the empty pathway rather than the empty bench would have told your story even better (if you see what I mean).

2 down, 50 to go!

Thanks for the feedback folks, very much appreciated, you all make some very good points.

Roll on saturday!

Last edited:
good idea with the apple, stands out well on the black

as mentioned, shame the bench is on a slope.. nice wintery scene.. like the trees reflected in the water

Sin - Nice depth of field, might have liked the apple a fraction lighter.

Season - Definitely looks bleak - nice sharp picture but composition is spoiled for me by the tilt of the seat - don't you carry blocks around with you to straighten things up when you run into this type of problem :D

I should have called the local council out to fix it "its for my 52, you have to" :annoyed:

Last edited:
Sin, that's a very rich red apple and I almost misted the writing. Been done a few times but still well executed.

Season, That definitely says winter and the DOF blends the background trees away very nicely. Maybe a little wider view to show more to the right and above as the bench nearly take half of the frame.

(y)

Your season photo really works well. Great composition, tidy snow on the bench, and the DoF is about right.

Sin, that's a very rich red apple and I almost misted the writing. Been done a few times but still well executed.

Season, That definitely says winter and the DOF blends the background trees away very nicely. Maybe a little wider view to show more to the right and above as the bench nearly take half of the frame.

(y)

Your season photo really works well. Great composition, tidy snow on the bench, and the DoF is about right.

Hi Martin :wave:

Love your shot for Seaon...very bleak , processing suits it perfectly & nicely focused....good'un mister (y)

Sin.... can't really add to whats been said already but I do like the strength of the red ...almost seems to glow :)

Thanks for the feedback folks

Last edited:
Hi Everyone :wave:, my effort for Gravity.

8414114020_169f7812bb_z.jpg

Comments welcome as always.

Last edited:
Excellent idea and well composed.

B&w works well and plenty of detail where needed. Wide what's bit of motion would look like?

Cheers.

Good one; great idea, perfectly times, well executed. Brill!

Hi Martin :)

Gravity - I like that, great composition loving the DoF and the B&W works really well (y)

(updated the spreadsheet too, for some reason had you down as AWOL- must of been a Vodka night I see your thread last :D)

No worries mate, I'll let you off if you we're under the influence :beer:

Thanks everyone for the comments, I'm pleased with the way it turned out.

Last edited:
Hi Martin, Gravity is a nice shot, perfect focus, dof & in B&W. A good job!

I hated you for this photo. It was exactly the image i had been planing all week. I even had bluetack behind the second domino.

Once I saw you image I knew I could not get anywhere near as good an image

So its true great minds think alike, and well done for nailing the shot, that i failed to get right.

Yup, really like the simplicity and yet the anticipation of what's about to happen. Works great!

Hi Martin, Gravity is a nice shot, perfect focus, dof & in B&W. A good job!

Hi Martin

what a fab idea for the theme....simple but very effective....really really like this... A LOT :clap::clap:

I hated you for this photo. It was exactly the image i had been planing all week. I even had bluetack behind the second domino.

Once I saw you image I knew I could not get anywhere near as good an image

So its true great minds think alike, and well done for nailing the shot, that i failed to get right.

Thanks very much.

Aup all :wave:, here is my week 4 WILD shot.

8431495049_08b05b17ed_c.jpg

Top work on gravity Martin - everyone else said all that I would have said... :clap:

Great squirrel - they can make good subjects sometimes, other times they are up a tree before you can get near them!

Great composition - even though he's all in the centre of the shot - his eye is off centre (y) And the log provides a great lead in to the squrrel! And lovely natural 'wild' background.

Wonder if a bit of sharpening would help (maybe just on his face)??

Top work on gravity Martin - everyone else said all that I would have said... :clap:

Great squirrel - they can make good subjects sometimes, other times they are up a tree before you can get near them!

Great composition - even though he's all in the centre of the shot - his eye is off centre (y) And the log provides a great lead in to the squrrel! And lovely natural 'wild' background.

Wonder if a bit of sharpening would help (maybe just on his face)??

Thanks Graham, he didn't hang around for long.

they are tricky little blighters to get you have done really well (y)

Back