weekly mdpF2's 52 for 2020

Household
Dogs, they do weed their way into our lives don't they.

Hidden
Nice colour contrast between the red poppy and the greens. I think you could have lost a bit on the left-hand side.

I like that Mark nice use of DoF to make the Poppy really pop out form the muted greens.
Nice poppy shot - and congrats for not doing the cliche colour pop :D
Very nice and even in colour it does pop.
Great take on the subject and colour pop. I might have considered a slight crop from the left bottom corner to put the poppy on a third.
Plain and simple Mark, it works well.
Great shot of the poppy.
Well spotted Mark, I have not been out and about to see any in the wild this year.

The Red against the Green, great.

Pete
Love seeing the odd poppy rather than the usual field full. Nicely captured and good dof.
Well spotted. Lovely colours and depth of field.
Nice use of complementary colours there :)
Household
Dogs, they do weed their way into our lives don't they.

Hidden
Nice colour contrast between the red poppy and the greens. I think you could have lost a bit on the left-hand side.

Many thanks for the feedback all..

Everyone needs a good spanner.

10mm is my most often used :)

Nice shallow dof mono here!

Nice set of shiny spanners with good use of focus to isolate the main subject.

Nice 'small' image, great DoF and the mono really works. Do you have a spare 13mm? All of mine have just disappeared!

Nice use of DoF Mark.

Very good use of DOF, good subject choice.

Good focus on the end of the spanner. It doesn't look too cluttered either, sure to the shallow dof.

Everyone needs a good spanner.

10mm is my most often used :)

Nice shallow dof mono here!
Nice set of shiny spanners with good use of focus to isolate the main subject.
Nice 'small' image, great DoF and the mono really works. Do you have a spare 13mm? All of mine have just disappeared!
Good shot. I like the focus and processing.
Nice use of DoF Mark.
Nice focus on the end of the spanner, your tools are much cleaner than mine!
Really like that you've singled out the small one with the depth of field. Works well.
Very good use of DOF, good subject choice.
Good focus on the end of the spanner. It doesn't look too cluttered either, sure to the shallow dof.
A nice collection of spanners there.
Well controlled exposure with not much blown. (Should have covered them with grease to reduce the reflections ;) )
Well focused, shot and processed! Nicely done!
Nice take on Small great DoF and Mono conversion.

Many thanks all..

Week 25 - Snappers choice.. just some detail of an old post & bridge in Barnwell, Northants. It's on the path between the castle & church

DSC01233a.jpg

Week 26 - Mother nature. Just a rural scene of the river Nene meandering through the countryside, near Oundle.

DSC01220ax.jpg

As said above, that is a very relaxing view. I'd like to take a walk around that area.

A very relaxing scene Mark, but with a bit too much foreground, the sky has some nice clouds so you could crop 2/3 of the foreground out and in my opinion get a better image.

Pete

Hi Mark

Bridge and post, an interesting photo, lots of details in that part of the image, nice muted colours.

Pete

I like the composition and shallow DoF of your Snapper's Choice, but must admit that I think your Nature shot could be improved by a significant crop off the bottom to make it a pano.

Hi Mark,
  • Snappers Choice - Like that. Minimal, leading lines, oof background, architecture... What's not to like eh?
  • Mother Nature - My initial thoughts on this echo @Shugpug.
    I would crop in slightly on the right (remove the small bush) and drastically from the bottom (there is a kind of natural line about 45% of the way up from the bottom. it would give you a pano like effect and the S bend of the Nene would suddenly become the focus of the shot - it would be much more dramatic.

A very relaxing scene Mark, but with a bit too much foreground, the sky has some nice clouds so you could crop 2/3 of the foreground out and in my opinion get a better image.

Pete
I like the composition and shallow DoF of your Snapper's Choice, but must admit that I think your Nature shot could be improved by a significant crop off the bottom to make it a pano.
Hi Mark,
  • Snappers Choice - Like that. Minimal, leading lines, oof background, architecture... What's not to like eh?
    I would crop in slightly on the right (remove the small bush) and drastically from the bottom (there is a kind of natural line about 45% of the way up from the bottom. it would give you a pano like effect and the S bend of the Nene would suddenly become the focus of the shot - it would be much more dramatic.
Fair points, thanks for the guidance. Here's the mk2 version, I know more could come off the bottom, but I'm not keen on pano looking shots. I also darkened the midtones a bit.

DSC01220aa.jpg

Snappers Choice: Lovely use of leading lines and very nice and simple image that really works.

Mother Nature: Looks very peaceful

Very peaceful and relaxing.
It looks very serene.
As said above, that is a very relaxing view. I'd like to take a walk around that area.

Pete
Hi Mark

Bridge and post, an interesting photo, lots of details in that part of the image, nice muted colours.

Pete
Nice shot I do like rivers.
Your snappers choice a different type of view.
Hi Mark,
Snappers Choice: Lovely use of leading lines and very nice and simple image that really works.

Many thanks all for the feedback..

Very peaceful and relaxing.
It looks very serene.

Pete
Hi Mark

Pete
Nice shot I do like rivers.
Your snappers choice a different type of view.
Hi Mark,

Many thanks all for the feedback..

That's a clever interpretation Mark (y)

Good take on the theme! nicely composed and processed image, the use of bokeh works very well and the subdued colours work too.

Spot on Mark, I thought it was going to be a sign of bears!
That's a clever interpretation Mark (y)
Good take on the theme! nicely composed and processed image, the use of bokeh works very well and the subdued colours work too.
Nice take on the theme Mark. Nice use of DoF too.
Good use of dof. Good detail in the moss too.
Nicely done and on topic.
Many thanks for the feedback..

Back