weekly Molly's 52 in 2014

I was on the other side of the bay bird watching with a 400mm lens, I think that I could try a better crop, I know what you mean. Thanks.

Hi Molly... welcome to the 52 :wave:

Here is the link to this thread - Molly's 52

If you read up on the first few posts here >> The 2013/52 Challenge Thread and Mark gives in depth details of how to do the links to each photo as you get on the first post of the Photo's only Thread >> The 52'ers 'Photo's Only' Thread

Power - I much prefer the new crop :)

Last edited:
Dark Knight,
I've done the link to my thread but when I click on to it the message comes up cannot open the web page. I cannot see what I've done wrong.

Hi Molly - that link you've put in above the tomato pic in your thread is fine.... I think it's just the fact that it's pointing back to the same post that's causing the troubles...... (If that was what you piosted in the picture thread it would be perfect).

The best way (if you can manage it) is to have your pic in the picture thread, plus the link to your thread (current post if you;re clever, or just the last page, or worst case the front page and people can click to get to the end).

I thin kthe crop on the lifboat is a definate improvement, and the tomato has great detail in the little hairy bits of the stalk, and the Out Of Focus (OOF) background really makes it pop out well.

Hi Molly

good to have you aboard :wave:

poor little tomy tata all alone , DOF is great , fab detail in the little hairs on the stalk :)

I've just seen what Black Knight wrote and just looked at it and thought what the he** does that mean, thank goodness someone else picked it up. Just got the sweet one, took me all week and then it came to me in a flash.

Hi Molly

lilac is my favourite color so on to a winner from the 1st look ....great dof & quite nicely placed in the frame...might be tempted to trim a smidge more from the rhs to make the flower a little less central ?

Do you sharpen your images ? only ask as both this one & the tomato seem a little soft ? Might have a little play & see what happens

Hi again Molly

hope you don't mind but I've has a little tweak with 2 of your shots , not entirely sure if they've come out as intended as only got picasa on the netbook but here goes.....

Sweet...

mollys_sweet_pea_my_version.jpg

I think I may have inadvertently boosted the greens a little too much in an attempt to up the lilac saturation a smidge , other than that just a sharpen which looks a little overcooked as workign with a small jpeg ( a bit of fringing around the petals) but you get the gist

Solitude.....I thought the image looked a little on the blue side so tweaked the wb a smidge & sharpened -again small jpeg so may look a tad overdone

Mollys_solitude_my_version.jpg

Are you using a tripod for these ? If you want me to take it down just shout up , only trying to help so please don't take offence (y)

Last edited:
I love them, take them down, indeed not. The flower looks so different, I like it very much. Thanks for helping. I don't use a tripod when using the 60mm lens but some time ago I bought a small tripod for plants and the like., I could try that one.
With the flower it was growing in a poly tunnel so the light is a bit strange and humid.

Last edited:
I've just seen what Black Knight wrote .........

pssst, molly.... Dark Knight... :LOL:

Sweet Pea is a lovely blend of the lilac and the greens of the background, didn;t really noice the lack of sharpness until I compared it with Lynnes..... It can be an issue when resizing down to a smaller size. I tend to use the sharpen slider in Picasa to sharpen if I reduce size, just a tiny amount needed generally.

Good to see you sticking with it, a few others have come in midway and only managed 1 or 2 weeks.

I'm going to start from the first week in 2014, just could not catch up.

Now that's minimal. On theme but I feel more of the pole and trees would give it a bit more context.

Might be an idea to start a new thread for your 2014 project.

Cheers.

Sorry if I am commenting in the wrong place couldn't find another thread by you.

Good start and I like the blue sky. I agree about the need for more context and don't really know what I am looking at to be honest.

Back