Mundane Randoms-a thread for anything mundane/random to outright bizarre...

Saw this thread yesterday and thought I would join in too....

IMG_0524a_resized_sharpened_2.jpg
[/IMG]

I think someone needs to go to bed at night Hazel:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Good colour you got there and i am glad you joined in....

New theme monday...:D:eek:

Can't wait for Monday.......... hope it's dogs in cute poses...... I have lots of them stored up already :)

I think someone needs to go to bed at night Hazel:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Good colour you got there and i am glad you joined in....

New theme monday...:D:eek:

Thanks, it was the colour that attracted me in the first place!

Roll on Monday......

Ok guys and girls a great start to this new thread, well done all for participating... we now have a new theme added which is the start of the proper most boring items ever......

The new theme is..... A PLUG

Im not always going to be able to add mine at the start especially at the moment as i am packing ready to move any day now... but im hoping to get mine in later

Last edited:
I just asked Higher Management which of an electrical plug or a sink plug she thought was the most boring - and she has suggested another type of plug that I guess will out bore all others:)

Now beginning to wish I hadn't asked her .......:)

I just asked Higher Management which of an electrical plug or a sink plug she thought was the most boring - and she has suggested another type of plug that I guess will out bore all others:)

Now beginning to wish I hadn't asked her .......:)

Getting your drill out? :LOL:

Thats ok, I am wondering whether to raid my OH's parts department...at the garage....No, not a spark plug, there is a FAR more boring type of plug that that :eek:

Perhaps i should state which plug?

or shall i leave 'plug' open to interpretation?:D

Took this near the houses of parliament at the weekend. I like the contrast between the backgrounds

IMG_0203 by RoblKoster, on Flickr

i like that alot, excellent contrast(y) we have a new theme now too if you fancy giving it ago:D
here's one from me

IMG_5319 by bruno106a, on Flickr

don't know if these count, if they don,t feel free to delete

Nooo no need to delete at all, that's a good take on 'plug' nice one(y)

Oooo I like the sound of this... I'd like to try to add a pic every now and then if I ever get on top of my 52 again :D

Subscribing in any case

Excellent!... look forward to seeing what you can come up with... (you can always sneak one in, even if you haven't caught up i won't tell anyone in the 52;)...)

My plug top, about as mundane as they come... (quickly snapped with my phone)

Some really good takes on this weeks theme guys.. wow!(y)

Vince get with it lol:LOL::LOL:

Hmm....do I wait until my 70D arrives? Or should I take one with my G12?

Sod it. I'll do one with the G12 and then make a second entry whenever the 70D arrives.

Hmm....do I wait until my 70D arrives? Or should I take one with my G12?

Sod it. I'll do one with the G12 and then make a second entry whenever the 70D arrives.

ooh decisions!! :LOL::LOL:

OK, so after a really, really hectic weekend, I went back to work last night, so I suppose as my first shift of the working week, it was my Monday ;)
Anyway, I knocked this one out:

RJ45 by Michael B O'Brien, on Flickr

Last edited:
Mike alien green how cool! very spooky looking!(y)

One of my favs from your work Iain.. i love this and you are right you really did have to use it because it just shows what you can do (y)

Mike alien green how cool! very spooky looking!(y)

One of my favs from your work Iain.. i love this and you are right you really did have to use it because it just shows what you can do (y)

Thanks T (y)

I am struggling with inspiration at the moment as my 52 will testify but what was it Arnie says? "I'll be back" :LOL:

Mike alien green how cool! very spooky looking!:thumbs
Cheers!
Yeah, lit by a laser pointer! If anyone's peeked at the exif, ignore the shutter speed. I couldn't be bothered to change it after the first couple of tries were over exposed. It was easier switching off the laser sooner :D

Last edited:
Cheers!
Yeah, lit by a laser pointer! If anyone's peeked at the exif, ignore the shutter speed. I couldn't be bothered to change it after the first couple of tries were over exposed. It was easier switching off the laser sooner :D

You got the shot so exif is pah pah lol!... i've used led torches to light stuff it's cool but hadn't thought about laser pointer.. good effect:D

Thanks T (y)

I am struggling with inspiration at the moment as my 52 will testify but what was it Arnie says? "I'll be back" :LOL:

:eek::eek: I hope it doesn't last too long Iain, i have every sympathy for you, it's a bugger feeling like that... (y)

Ok............. I said earlier that Higher Management had suggested a really boring plug - It was actually an ear plug. But thankfully when I came to search the first aid kit we didn't have any so I was able to justify using an electrical plug.

Here is my pic. I don't specifically recall seeing this type of image before but can't help feeling it must have been done (probably many times) already. (On the basis that if I have thought of it then - pound to a pinch of the proverbial - someone else has too:).)

2013_09_05_2151_Plug_REDUCED_even_less.jpg

PS afraid you'll have to ignore the clumsy cloning of the graduated shadows - still not worked out how to remove bits of dirt etc and maintain a smooth gradation of greys.

Last edited:
Ok............. I said earlier that Higher Management had suggested a really boring plug - It was actually an ear plug. But thankfully when I came to search the first aid kit we didn't have any so I was able to justify using an electrical plug.

Here is my pic. I don't specifically recall seeing this type of image before but can't help feeling it must have been done (probably many times) already. (On the basis that if I have thought of it then - pound to a pinch of the proverbial - someone else has too:).)

2013_09_05_2151_Plug_REDUCED_even_less.jpg

PS afraid you'll have to ignore the clumsy cloning of the graduated shadows - still not worked out how to remove bits of dirt etc and maintain a smooth gradation of greys.

Now I am :thinking: how on earth did you do this?

Now I am :thinking: how on earth did you do this?

Two things:

(1) suspend the plug with fishing line - and then clone out - fishing line is easier to remove than, say, string.

(2) I couldn't get the cable to stay neatly coiled on its own so I had to use some (masking) tape - and then clone that out too

Lighting was a (Wickes) builders light on a (supplied) telescopic pole from the side, shone through perspexy type stuff to diffuse the light, and a white reflector on the opposite side to soften shadows.

As indicated - main problem I have with this is in maintaining the gradation of light across the picture when cloning stuff out.

So if anyone has any advice on that would be very happy to receive it:)

PS I used the same method for the Indian Rope Trick:

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=500501

Last edited:
And finally after having this idea earlier in the week I had the time to take it whilst sitting in the bath earlier after a day's gardening.

Plug and Play!
IMG_9688a_resized.jpg
[/IMG]

Back