weekly My 52/2012. All film. Week 3 Added: Sigh!

MindofMel

Suspended / Banned
Name
Mel
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, this is my 52 thread. I will be shooting it all on 35mm film or 120 .. all BW. Shall be using it to embrace my new affair with film and also to learn about developing and scanning with the student loan I just spent on AG Photographic :) WIll blog about it here: http://www.mindofmel.co.uk/52-week-challenge/

This is my snap for week 1's theme of direction:

direction_mindofmel.jpg

Ilford XP2, Nikon f301, Nikon 50mm f1.4 AIS Lens

Week 2: Fear

Ilford HP5, T-max Dev 20C

FEAR-1-785x499.jpg

Week 3: Sigh

img083.jpg

Last edited:
Well done Mel, yet another take on this theme!! You have certainly set yourself a challenge doing all on film as well though I do think you can't beat black and white!!

I look forward to seeing your next 51!!

Nice work Mel, have also checked out your website, what a diverse collection of shots a real pleasure to look through.

Good luck with your film 52.

Well done, excellent interpretation - wouldn't have thought of that ... what more is on that roll?

Some great shots there and good ideas on the themes. Particularly like the direction and fear shots. Not too sure week 3 shouts sigh at me, it's more admiring the stars IMHO. Look forward to seeing more of your challenge. Good luck.

I do like the idea behind your fear shot, But I cant help but think 'I hope you didn't prank 999 just for a photo'
My apologies if that comes across rude, as I don't mean that at all as I do like the shot.

Snipet said:
I do like the idea behind your fear shot, But I cant help but think 'I hope you didn't prank 999 just for a photo'

I wondered the too!

Great image though, the outline of the hand is lovely and sharp. Having called 999 for my daughter when she was 18 months old it certainly was a scary call!

I really like your 'sigh' shot. Yes he could be staring at the stars thinking 'sigh' what a beautiful night!

Hi guys. Thanks for the all comments. Greatly appreciated

With sigh, I was going for that sort of introspective sort of feeling where one just sort of thinks to themselves about something and sighs... If that makes sense

Hahaha as for the 999 call. I typed in 999 and then pressed call an then before it rang took a screenshot and then ended the all before it connected. I'm a medic, probs the most least likely person to prank the emergency services! Lol :D

Interesting to see film used in the 52. I look forward to seeing the rest of your developments.

Subscribed. (y)

Excellent start to the 512 Mel ...I particularly like week 3 .....and the grain...Wow!

as much as i love the flexibility of Digital, theres something very special about film shots, if you were trying to get that last image in PP it would just look fake, great takes on the themes and well shot

For fear, did you really call 999? Tut tut!

I love your sigh one; very atmospheric!

Quite some challenge to do it on film given the turn around time we have each week.

Direction - Well thought out. Made me think.
Fear - Good take on the theme. A bit of dusting could help it though.
Sigh - I like the felling you've given this one

Great expression with Sigh, Mel. Really captures the word.

Back