Daily My Daily Photos

89/
Its so cold not venture very far and now resorted to stone squirrels.
Not mine.jpg

90/
I suppose in taking 365 photos, I'll be touching on what I do a bit in my life. Not a great social person, not a party goer but have been staying in a lot and always loved doing crafts. One particular craft is knitting and creating items for a orphanage in Belarus. My friend Pauline lives in Rochdale and I believe its all something do with the church collecting items that have been knitted and send them off, newsletters with photos of the children wearing the items have been sent to the knitters. Living that far away I haven't seen one but Pauline who was in college with my sister Jane, that's how we met, has see her knitted items on children.
I am now knitting squares for a blanket which will be sewn together. I don't drive to Rochdale but Jane does, although I understand the roads are dreadful, busy and fast.
Just taken a photo of a finished knee blanket, maybe two a week it I switch my laptop off.:)
P1130934.jpg

Well done Shirley. That's a pretty good shot you've got there given the time constraint.

I've suddenly lost interest in this, so the above post is my last. Thanks for the compliments regarding my photos.

Cone on Shirley don't give up - after all you are over quarter of the way through. What is it? Lack of inspiration?

94/
I mis-understood what someone said and out came the suitcase, all is now back to normal.:)
Taking photos every day is just up my street or lane. In the summer here is a total mad place with the visitors and so much to take a photo of, I love butterflies, dragonflies and I do have a passion for pilgrims churches.
In the meantime the lambs are out and I'm sure this set of twins can only be days old, if strong enough they are better out than in.
New borns.jpg

Last edited:
95/.
This is a weird one, the red plastic fence is protecting a sink hole which suddenly appeared, there are cracks in the sea wall. The house is apprently standing on foundations which are constructed of sand or something like that. I think that it may have to be pulled down or it could fall down. I think its going to be very interesting what happens to it. Way back in the 1940's it used to be a pub and even very far back, there are photos of it in sepia.
Adrop in the sea.jpg

96/
Chionodoxa ~ Glory-of-the-snow
Every year a little clump of these flowers come up under a tree, to-day I saw one was in flower.
chin.jpg

Hi Shirley.

Glad to see you back on board, with the suitcase put away and posting again. You live in an area which is close to my own heart as I used to live in Wallasey on the Wirral. I always used to enjoy a day trip to North Wales in the car before I moved to Essex. Talk about different contrasts of countryside. If I ever get a decent win on the lottery, I will seriously consider buying a house up on the Lleyn.

I am intrigued with that photo of the house/old pub - it looks like it has the stern end of a boat sticking out from the right hand side. I also noticed that there doesn't appear to be a suitable road surface leading down to it from either direction. So has is the place accessed?
The photo itself appears to have been taken at a distance - any idea how far you were from it and what equipment did you use?

As for glory of the snow, can you get rid of what appears to be a blackberry stem because the petals of the flower are spot on.

David

Hi David, Morfa Nefyn is the same shape as a horseshoe, starting at Morfa Nefyn is where I was standing, going left along the beach the first house is Henblas and the only way to it either way is driving along the beach. The boat seen is just in the garden. Then there is a house on a corner called Dros y Mor which itself is in danger now of the cliff sliding into it, round the corner is Porthdinllaen which is very popular for beach, boating and there is a nice pub. Continuing walking through that beach and onwards along a little path is the Porthdinllaen Lifeboat station and that is the end of the horseshoe. I stand at the end of the car park at Morfa Nefyn looking for decent birds, so with my long lens which is 400mm f5,6l I take photos of all sorts with it. On a clear day I can see with this lens the lighthouse over at Holyhead, from Nefyn golf course sometimes I can see the Wicklow mountains far across the sea in Southern Ireland.
Mandy said the photo in the 52's was grainy, it was so dull the iso was 2000. With the flower I'll get rid of that bramble and do a re-take of the flower head, the colour is the palest of blues.
For todays photo I'll take my wide angle lens and see if I can get the whole bay in with the cottages I've mentioned. Thanks for taking an interest David.

97/
A view of Morfa Nefyn bay, all the cottages mentioned in the above thread, another dull day.
Also a re-take on the flower to get rid of bramble, left it a bit late in the day to take the photo.
The Bay.jpg Glory of the snow.jpg

I've suddenly lost interest in this, so the above post is my last. Thanks for the compliments regarding my photos.

do not do this to me Shirley!!! .. i had kittens when i read this...literally... now the house is full of them, thats how much u scared me...glad to see you didnt give up, because come the end you will be so chuffed looking back on the year in photos.. i know i have been. ive even made my first two years into 4 separate massive photo books, maybe i'll include them in a day's shot sometime..

A misunderstanding which was cleared up.

Last edited:
100th Photo ~ Apart from the rotton weather I could do two photos a day but keeping on a even keel, I'll stick to one:)
I'm looking forward to warm sunny days and walks on the beach. I love butterflies and dragonfles so come on summer.
Misty Mountain to-day
Misty mountain.jpg

Shirley

Thanks for posting up the picture of the bay - it puts into perspective in my mind as to where the old pub is located.
The flower shot looks good - at least it does on my monitor. As for the two birds photos, beautifully crystal clear.
Your mountain shot looks good in B&W - I doubt it would have the same effect if it was in colour.

David

Shirley

Thanks for posting up the picture of the bay - it puts into perspective in my mind as to where the old pub is located.
The flower shot looks good - at least it does on my monitor. As for the two birds photos, beautifully crystal clear.
Your mountain shot looks good in B&W - I doubt it would have the same effect if it was in colour.

David
It is in colour,its blue and grey.:)

Now that is something else Shirley. Love the way you have got the focus on the stamen and it looks like a face - LOL
Great photo Shirley well done.

David

I should have said the first one was taken with a 60mm lens.

One for Frank if he's about or the two David's, I found a Med Gull on the 20th Feb, went to-day to see if I could find it and wow found another Med, with a much whiter patch on the base of the beak but with no rings this time. The first one and the second one
First Med.jpg 2nd Med Gull.jpg

103/
These remind me of weather vanes, stuck to the house instead of the chimney. I like them, they look a bit different to those tatty old butterflies that used to be stuck onto houses.
weather vanes.jpg

Back