OP
OP
Shirleyr
Name
Shirley
Edit My Images
No
105/
Winds up again and snow on the hills. Went for a ride with a friend and came across a field with hundreds of Canada Geese grazing and after searching all the geese managed to find two or a pair of Barnacle Geese. On the way home visited a river near Pwllheli and after a while saw a pair of Dippers. Common Scoters at Criccieth far out to sea riding the waves.
Canada and Barnacle.jpg Two Dippers.jpg

OP
OP
Shirleyr
Name
Shirley
Edit My Images
No
Thank you, most kind. I haven't taken any photos yet to-day apart from the 52's, been to lunch and sat knitting. :D

OP
OP
Shirleyr
Name
Shirley
Edit My Images
No
107/
Left it a bit late in the day for an exciting photo, so here is the pile of old fencing posts the farmer drop into my shed for me. I use a bow saw and an ancient horse and make all into little pieces to burn. Some are awful to saw and I give them away to someone with a big log burner.
I could have use the photo for the 52's but I think I can find something more exciting.
P1140009.jpg

OP
OP
Shirleyr
Name
Shirley
Edit My Images
No
108/
A friends daughter was told she would never have a baby after getting cancer but miracles do happen and this has to be the most gorgeous baby I have ever seen, now one month old.
P1140014.jpg

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Heavens Shirley, has spring come early in your neck of the woods? No sign of anything in our garden.

That is a very nice clear shot of the flower heads - definite like from me.

Name
Hi Ho Silver away !
Edit My Images
No
108/
A friends daughter was told she would never have a baby after getting cancer but miracles do happen and this has to be the most gorgeous baby I have ever seen, now one month old.
View attachment 97027
What a beautiful photo Shirley, and a Big congrats to the Happy family (y)(y)(y)

OP
OP
Shirleyr
Name
Shirley
Edit My Images
No
110/
4C raw cold, rain on and on it comes down.
The mist still hanging on the sea, put a filter on the photo, makes it more interesting.
Rain again.jpg

OP
OP
Shirleyr
Name
Shirley
Edit My Images
No
111/
Had high hopes for a sunny day until it started to drizzle and again it just carried on and on and on. Ended up birding from a shed which is ok'ish.
Caught sight of a Goldcrest feeding, a real test for photography.
Goldcrest 6th March 2017.jpg Goldcrest March 2017.jpg Goldcrest take off.jpg Goldfinch 6th Feb 2017.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shirleyr
Name
Shirley
Edit My Images
No
Thanks again to you both, its a bit of a challenge to get an interesting photo every day. The fact that all three of us like birding is a bonus. I've started my own Facebook group on wild birds of the Lleyn peninsula, every day I search for something to post on it but its got to be good or the few tops birders I managed to get to join will soon get fed up. In actual fact the group is for the beautiful birds like garden and ciuntryside.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/682203105274037/?ref=bookmarks

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shirleyr
Name
Shirley
Edit My Images
No
113/
People are coming to find the Iceland Gull but there is a slight hitch in the form of a Buzzard. He cleared the Gulls yesterday and he's back to-day and watching and waiting.
IMG_2490.jpg IMG_2530.jpg IMG_2865.jpg

OP
OP
Shirleyr
Name
Shirley
Edit My Images
No
114/
Walking in the wood to-day and forgot to take nuts and the Blue Tits were coming closer and closer, ideal for a photo. Whilst further away a Great Spotted Woodpecker was looking for something.
Blue Tit from the wood.jpg IMG_3079.jpg IMG_3102.jpg

OP
OP
Shirleyr
Name
Shirley
Edit My Images
No
I usually take feed, the Blue and Great Tits always perch close to me and then I sprinkle seed here and there, I forgot to take feed the other day and the Blue Tit in the photo came so close and I took an easy photo. If I leave feeders then the squirrels tear them to pieces.

Name
Hi Ho Silver away !
Edit My Images
No
As I am a noisy sod :D what camera do you use, plus do you have any editing software ? as I think you could make that Blue Tit even better.
Edit just saw on Flickr it is the 7D :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shirleyr
Name
Shirley
Edit My Images
No
I use Corel but I cannot clone anything out because I fiddle about and then give in. I used to be able to do it but I upgraded and then forgot. I do have a manual but don't really get interested enough to read it.