OP
OP
Shirleyr
Name
Shirley
Edit My Images
No
121/
At first I thought it was a red path and getting closer it turn out to be weed and having googled it, it seems to be a red Duckweed. It reads the glucose trapped in their dying leaves happens to turn red.
IMG_4663.jpg

OP
OP
Shirleyr
Name
Shirley
Edit My Images
No
130/
4 female and 1 cock Pheasant just walking slowly through my field, they appear to love Danelion leaves. The markings are amazing.
IMG_6485.jpg Hen.jpg

OP
OP
Shirleyr
Name
Shirley
Edit My Images
No
Thanks Dave.
131/
Finally caught up with Wheatears and one nearly landed at my feet. These birds are being sighted all along the North Wales coast.
Wheatear 27th March 2017.jpg

OP
OP
Shirleyr
Name
Shirley
Edit My Images
No
133/
Been away from the house all day helping a friend. No camera, rained all day. Cup of T and watch a recorded Call the Midwife. So very tired.
P1140129.jpg

OP
OP
Shirleyr
Name
Shirley
Edit My Images
No
134/
Opening my front door, this is what I see. Daffodils are on there way out but the leaves have to die down. Nice to sit on the lawn in the summer and watch out for butterflies. I like this photo and will put it up as the garden changes. I love single flowers for the insects find them easier, Phlox and Cosmos. Snails and slugs are a pain but not ever have I used slug pellets.
My garden.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shirleyr
Name
Shirley
Edit My Images
No
141 and 142 had better go together,
Blackthorn was 6th April and a corker for the 7th, as usual birding in my local wood, I just stand and stand and suddenly something caught my eye and high in a tree across the wood was a Sparrowhawk and it turned its head and I got the beak.
IMG_8236[1].jpg

Sparrowhawk.jpg

OP
OP
Shirleyr
Name
Shirley
Edit My Images
No
143/
Buzzards mating clearly don't like an audience but looking carefully her beak is almost touching the lower branch and his mighty claws are round the females neck.
Pretty little Long-tailed Tit and Speckled Wood butterfly and the pink Cherry Blossom is beautiful.
Don't usually post four photo but whose counting. My favourite is the Cherry Blossom.
Buzzards mating.jpg Long-tailedTit 8th April 2017.jpg Speckled Wood.jpg Cherry Blossom.jpg

OP
OP
Shirleyr
Name
Shirley
Edit My Images
No
I have the Pro X6.
147/
Clematis climbing up and over a Hawthorn tree and engulfing another smaller tree, its not at its best yet.
Clematis.jpg

Cobra

Mr. Floyd
Staff member
Name
Phitt, Hissy Phitt
Edit My Images
No
Fulmar and Bogbean:p
Bog bean, yes I do see that in some marshy area's of landfill, As for Fulmar's, they never come this far in land, if they do, they don't scavenge.
Black heads, Greater & lesser Black backs, common gulls Herring gulls tend to be the main culprits.