Daily My Daily Photos

Practising for comfort, brasses need cleaning, removed them all and the fireplace needs cleaning.
Fireplace practice.jpg
Tomorrow it'll be a nice log fire and the brasses will glow like the embers.

Last edited:
59/
Too cold to go out but had to, to clean the outside of the window. A pair of Robins allowed a Robin from away to pop in for a feed, their feathers were twitching for a bust up.
IMG_1991.jpg

61/
Pampass Grass look brighter than anything else growing at the moment and maybe the birds will use it later for nesting material.
Pampass Grass.jpg

Last edited:
63/
Winter flowers, winter blossom flowering in gardens throughout the villages. Very mild at the moment we didn't have snow or that much frost. So, in pockets there are some lovely flowers about.
Witch Hazel and Almond Blossom in full flower.
Witch Hazel in Jill garden.jpg Almond Blossom.jpg

Last edited:
70/
Grey Wagtail at Aberdaron and adding a second photo. There is a cafe that in pilgrim times was the last stop off place for a rest and food before the journey across the sea to Bardsey Island. Though the cafe was closed there was a plaque on the building which I hadn't seen before and I thought it was very nice.
Grey Wagtail Aberdaron 23rd Jan 2017.jpg IMG_3878.jpg

71/
Another cold, wet and raw day, ugh. Always bought flowers to fall back on.
daily carnation.jpg

OUCH... i know how that feels.. i was away for the weekend and woke up the next morning to find my driver side flat, sodding handy man had left a screw on the driveway....i was changing mine at 5am..

76/
Holiday homes:jawdrop:
This is a holiday homes the owner live in Dubai and have holidays here. Its no more than 200yards off the edge of the cliff. Someone asked one of the builders that its rather an expensive house to loose over the cliff, the reply was that should the cliff crumble away making the house unsafe to live in then the house comes apart in sections and can be taken away to wherever.
Have they considered the narrow country lanes, I might suggest to the owners try changing the time when the lights come on at night and move them to different rooms.(y)
Also if the owners log on TP my name is not Shirley its Mrs.Jones and I live far far away.:wave:
I'm bored bored after spilling me bubble mixture in the kitchen:dummy:
holiday home.jpg

77/
A spot of garden visiting this morning and plants are growing and flowering, don't know if there should be so many flowers opening end of Jan.
Spring flowers.jpg

78/
I was just thinking how awful the weather is and what on earth am I going to take for a daily, windy storm force with lasing rain. A house down the lane is having trouble with internet connections but never did I expect to see this guy standing on a ladder as if he were standing on the ground twiddling with wires, stepped outside got the long lens and click, next time I looked he'd gone.
do be careful.jpg

Last edited:
78/
I was just thinking how awful the weather is and what on earth am I going to take for a daily, windy storm force with lasing rain. A house down the lane is having trouble with internet connections but never did I expect to see this guy standing on a ladder as if he were standing on the ground twiddling with wires, stepped outside got the long lens and click, next time I looked he'd gone.
View attachment 94909
Just hope he wasn't blown away though..

Never saw the man again, I suppose he was a quick worker.
Moving on to Fieldfares and Snowdrops
79/
As the rain lashed across the field a flock of Fieldfares came to feed, at least it was dry enough for a nice walk in the local wood.
Fieldfare one.jpg

Snowdrops one.jpg

Last edited:
Heading along the south side of the Lleyn Peninsula is a coastal village of Criccieth, like most beaches around the North Wales coast there is a Lifeboat. My sister ( Jane) and I always have a coffee or drinking choc before heading towards Porthmadog for a spot of bird watching. To-day it was very stormy but the temp was 13c, I love sun and waves and my little Lumix FZ18 always gives a great sea photo, its so light to carry. I've had it 10 years.
80/ photos already
Criccieth Lifeboat house 2nd Feb 2017 by Shirley Roulston, on Flickr

Criccieth stormy seas by Shirley Roulston, on Flickr

82/
Crocus', bit pushed for time to-day, it suddenly started to rain and is bad as ever.
crocus.jpg

The crocus are out up your way? They certainly are not out in my back garden and I'm in Essex, All we've got is a bare patch of earth!!!

The crocus are out up your way? They certainly are not out in my back garden and I'm in Essex, All we've got is a bare patch of earth!!!
My mum lived in Southend-on-sea and it was often colder there than here in North Wales.

83/
My friends Amaryllis in her conservatory.
P1130890.jpg

Last edited:
My mum lived in Southend-on-sea and it was often colder there than here in North Wales.

Not surprising. When the wind comes from the east and over the North Sea, it gets pretty chilly!!!

Thanks for posting David.
84/
Rain doesn't put a Robin off, I took 2 photos to-day both of this little Robin.
IMG_7242.jpg

85/
My first Bee of 2017, poor photo, long lens and a fast crawling bee.

First Bee.jpg

Back