Daily My Daily Photos

121/
At first I thought it was a red path and getting closer it turn out to be weed and having googled it, it seems to be a red Duckweed. It reads the glucose trapped in their dying leaves happens to turn red.
IMG_4663.jpg

130/
4 female and 1 cock Pheasant just walking slowly through my field, they appear to love Danelion leaves. The markings are amazing.
IMG_6485.jpg Hen.jpg

Thanks Dave.
131/
Finally caught up with Wheatears and one nearly landed at my feet. These birds are being sighted all along the North Wales coast.
Wheatear 27th March 2017.jpg

133/
Been away from the house all day helping a friend. No camera, rained all day. Cup of T and watch a recorded Call the Midwife. So very tired.
P1140129.jpg

134/
Opening my front door, this is what I see. Daffodils are on there way out but the leaves have to die down. Nice to sit on the lawn in the summer and watch out for butterflies. I like this photo and will put it up as the garden changes. I love single flowers for the insects find them easier, Phlox and Cosmos. Snails and slugs are a pain but not ever have I used slug pellets.
My garden.jpg

Last edited:
139/
Coming in thick and fast, this Chiffchaff was singing on top voice this afternoon.
Chiffchaff 4th April 2017.jpg

141 and 142 had better go together,
Blackthorn was 6th April and a corker for the 7th, as usual birding in my local wood, I just stand and stand and suddenly something caught my eye and high in a tree across the wood was a Sparrowhawk and it turned its head and I got the beak.
IMG_8236[1].jpg

Sparrowhawk.jpg

143/
Buzzards mating clearly don't like an audience but looking carefully her beak is almost touching the lower branch and his mighty claws are round the females neck.
Pretty little Long-tailed Tit and Speckled Wood butterfly and the pink Cherry Blossom is beautiful.
Don't usually post four photo but whose counting. My favourite is the Cherry Blossom.
Buzzards mating.jpg Long-tailedTit 8th April 2017.jpg Speckled Wood.jpg Cherry Blossom.jpg

I have the Pro X6.
147/
Clematis climbing up and over a Hawthorn tree and engulfing another smaller tree, its not at its best yet.
Clematis.jpg

Fulmar and Bogbean:p
Bog bean, yes I do see that in some marshy area's of landfill, As for Fulmar's, they never come this far in land, if they do, they don't scavenge.
Black heads, Greater & lesser Black backs, common gulls Herring gulls tend to be the main culprits.

Back